Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently accepted the challenge of participating in the 2009 Lexington Polar Bear Plunge for Special Olympics . Not only will I be freezing my tail off, but I'll be raising money for children and adults in Kentucky and Ohio with intellectual disabilities so that they can have the opportunity to experience the joy of sports training and competition.

I am asking you to help by supporting my fund-raising efforts with a donation. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference in the lives of many! It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking on the link:
http://events.soky.org/site/TR/Events/Po...tafId=2821
(All online donations must be made by Feburary 19th)

Any amount, great or small, helps the cause. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO MAKES A CONTRIBUTION!!!!
I'll get it started and donate so you can be on your way.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support! I'm an Occupational Therapy major so the Special Olympics means alot to me.
No problem. It is a small amount but maybe, with me being the first, others will follow and you will meet and then exceed your goal.
Any amount is very appreciated! I have been calling everyone I could think of to see if they would help me out. I have til the 20th but like you said hopefully people will follow suit once they see that you donated. Again, thank you so much!
This is the philanthropy event that my fraternity does almost every year. We were not able to do it this year (it was yesterday actually) but we still have a goal this semester of raising $25,000 for Special Olympics of Virginia. Seems like a lot but we have raised $23,000+ in 2 of our previous 3 years doing the plunge.

GREAT CAUSE!!
I am in a student organization at EKU that's called SOSA or the Student Occupational Science Association and that's actually how I got involved with it.