Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any Jim Croce fans left in the world today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He was, well still is one of the artist I listen to even though he has been gone for such a long time.
I listen to Jim every now and then....a great artist.
IRISH4 Wrote:I listen to Jim every now and then....a great artist.
You have good taste for being so young(LOL)
Never a fan
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:You have good taste for being so young(LOL)

LOL...I was raised around that type of music. The Beatles, Jim Caroce, Lobo, Box Tops, Monkeys, CCR, all those bands from the 60's-70's is what I had to listen to on those long trips in the summer my family would take.
One of my favorite parts of one of his songs.

She was five foot six and two fifteen
A bleached-blonde mama
With a streak of mean
She knew how to knuckle
And she knew how to scuffle and fight

And the roller derby program said
That she was built like a fridgerator with a head
Her fans call her tuffy
But all her buddies called her spike

You know that I fell in love with a roller derby queen

Ah the days.
Sittin in Morehead listening to Jim, just chillin, Drinkin a Schlitz and token on a ..... Lucky Strike! :biggrin:
IRISH4 Wrote:LOL...I was raised around that type of music. The Beatles, Jim Caroce, Lobo, Box Tops, Monkeys, CCR, all those bands from the 60's-70's is what I had to listen to on those long trips in the summer my family would take.

Same here...That's all I heard growing up. I've come to love 60's music and that's about all I listen to. However I think it annoys my husband on trips (I'm in charge of the radio lol)
My dad made me listen to him, and I've been a fan ever since. Some songs I like are.
I got a name.
New Yorks not my home.
Photographs and memories
My fav is probably Operator
How can anyone not be a fan, I listen to him while just relaxing after a days work. There will never be another Jim Croce.TongueirateSho
"Ive got a name" is a great song. Also, Rapid Roy (The Stock Car Boy) is good one as well. Why NASCAR doesnt use that song in its race promos Ill never know.