Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Obama limits exec pay to $500,000 for bailed-out firms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WASHINGTON — President Obama on Wednesday imposed a $500,000 cap on executive pay for companies that get federal bailout money.
"In order to restore our financial system, we've got to restore trust," Obama said. "And in order to restore trust, we've got to make certain that taxpayer funds are not subsidizing excessive compensation packages on Wall Street."

Obama said the lavish bonuses for some Wall Street executives are "shameful." He bemoaned a "culture of narrow self-interest and short-term gain."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/...titialskip
That is a good move. Why should we bailout these companies only to have them use large portions of the money for corporate payments. They clearly aren't doing a good job or they wouldn't be in this mess. I like that idea and the crackdown of get-a-ways. What do you all think about Citigroup and their 400 million dollar deal with the Mets for naming rights of the new stadium. they also got a bailout.
launchpad4 Wrote:That is a good move. Why should we bailout these companies only to have them use large portions of the money for corporate payments. They clearly aren't doing a good job or they wouldn't be in this mess. I like that idea and the crackdown of get-a-ways. What do you all think about Citigroup and their 400 million dollar deal with the Mets for naming rights of the new stadium. they also got a bailout.
I heard about that yesterday on NPR.

Ridiculous but I don't think its gonna last.
Did anyone see the $150M going for Beekeepers Insurance? Has anyone really looked at this plan. We are getting screwed!!!
Stardust Wrote:Did anyone see the $150M going for Beekeepers Insurance? Has anyone really looked at this plan. We are getting screwed!!!
Beekeepers keep bees. Bees pollinate crops. Crops feed humans.

If you missed it in the news there is a major bee shortage.
DevilsWin Wrote:Beekeepers keep bees. Bees pollinate crops. Crops feed humans.

All of which has nothing to do with me paying for their insurance.
jetpilot Wrote:All of which has nothing to do with me paying for their insurance.
I guess starvation sounds better to someone of your obvious intelligence.
I bet there are some ticked off "wall streeters" out there... HAHAHA...
DevilsWin Wrote:I guess starvation sounds better to someone of your obvious intelligence.

Now we're going to starve over a bee shortage?:lmao:
You're a funny guy.
jetpilot Wrote:Now we're going to starve over a bee shortage?:lmao:
You're a funny guy.
Don't you just love Natural Selection!Confusedhh:
DevilsWin Wrote:Beekeepers keep bees. Bees pollinate crops. Crops feed humans.

I also heard on the news that Global Warming is killing us all. Please!
What News are you watching?
Stardust Wrote:I also heard on the news that Global Warming is killing us all. Please!
the same goofy one that must have convinced you that the Honey bees are dying off. This has been going on for a 100 years...
DevilsWin Wrote:Don't you just love Natural Selection!Confusedhh:

Lol
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:Lol
I'm glad someone got my joke.Big Grin