Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFC Fightnight 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you got?

I'll take

MAIN CARD (Televised)

* Joe Lauzon vs. Jeremy Stephens
* Denis Stojnic vs. Cain Velasquez
* Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer
* Luigi Fioravanti vs. Anthony Johnson

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-televised)

* Rob Emerson vs. Kurt Pellegrino
* Dan Miller vs. Jake Rosholt
* Matt Grice vs. Matt Veach
* Rich Clementi vs. Gleison Tibau
* Nick Catone vs. Derek Downey
* Steve Bruno vs. Matthew Riddle
Only fight that interests me is Danzig vs. Neer. They're both coming off sort of embarrasing losses.
lololol Wrote:Only fight that interests me is Danzig vs. Neer. They're both coming off sort of embarrasing losses.

I am interested in that fight as well, but I am looking forward to the Joe Lauzon vs. Jeremy Stephens fight.
I think this will be a great fight card and the best part it is free. We really need this after paying 44.95 for UFC 94, which was a major letdown IMO. Tons of great fighters on this card and it should make for an exciting night.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I think this will be a great fight card and the best part it is free. We really need this after paying 44.95 for UFC 94, which was a major letdown IMO. Tons of great fighters on this card and it should make for an exciting night.

A letdown cuz of the split decisions? Most of the fights were pretty fun to watch...
lololol Wrote:A letdown cuz of the split decisions? Most of the fights were pretty fun to watch...

The fights were lack luster IMO. The only fight that was entertaining was Lyoto's(who is usually the most boring out of them all). GSP and BJ was just a domination, i wouldn't even call that a fight. In the rest of the fights no one tried to end the fight or win in convincing style, all they tried to do was squeak out a win. For being the huge Superbowl card they had planned it sure was major letdown.
Well there was one other ok fight that night, stephan bonner and jon jones, but both were gasses by the end of the 2nd round, and neither could finish each other off.
Jeremy Stephens
* Denis Stojnic *
Mac Danzig
Anthony Johnson

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-televised)

Rob Emerson
Dan Miller
Matt Grice
Gleison Tibau
Nick Catone
Matthew Riddle
lololol Wrote:Only fight that interests me is Danzig vs. Neer. They're both coming off sort of embarrasing losses.

How is losing to Clay Guida an embarassing loss for Danzig?:confused:

I want to see Anthony Rumble Johnson get it on.
kybaseball Wrote:How is losing to Clay Guida an embarassing loss for Danzig?:confused:

I want to see Anthony Rumble Johnson get it on.

It was an embarrassing loss because he was supposed to be a great wrestler and Clay shut him down in that fight wrestling wise. He just got dominated overall in that fight.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:It was an embarrassing loss because he was supposed to be a great wrestler and Clay shut him down in that fight wrestling wise. He just got dominated overall in that fight.

There is nothing embarrasing about losing to Clay Guida.
kybaseball Wrote:There is nothing embarrasing about losing to Clay Guida.

I'm not saying Clay Guida sucks, I'm saying Clay dominated Mac in every aspect of the fight. It is embarrassing to lose in a fashion like that is what i am saying.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I'm not saying Clay Guida sucks, I'm saying Clay dominated Mac in every aspect of the fight. It is embarrassing to lose in a fashion like that is what i am saying.

Gotcha.
The Grice Veach fight was an incredible round of action
Nice action in the 1st rd. of the Main Event
Pretty solid ground fighting. Too bad this one ended so early. Congrats to Lauzon