Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gillispie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should he stay or should he go... I am at the point he should go!! comments
I think he and a lot of the fanbase is consumed in getting these 4 and 5* recruits...look at these other teams that have smoked us lately....they don't have the AAU all-stars. I say it's great to get those kids, but they cannot work together...I'd go for kids that come from great h.s. programs that are successful and can work together.
I am tired of his lack of adjustments, arrogance, stubbornness, and head games. I can't wait until he is gone. He will never be successful here unless he can magically pull in a stable of 5 star Mcd's AA.. It's obvious he is in over his head. Why people defend him to no end is beyond me? Many rookie/other coaches are doing a lot more with much less talent than we currently have.
torQQue Wrote:I am tired of his lack of adjustments, arrogance, stubbornness, and head games. I can't wait until he is gone. He will never be successful here unless he can magically pull in a stable of 5 star Mcd's AA.. It's obvious he is in over his head. Why people defend him to no end is beyond me? Many rookie/other coaches are doing a lot more with much less talent than we currently have.

They are 16-6, 5-2 in the SEC, who are we comparing them to?
See you later Billy G. I can't watch it anymore. I wish we could bring back Pitino because he knows how to get players.
Wildcat Blue Wrote:See you later Billy G. I can't watch it anymore. I wish we could bring back Pitino because he knows how to get players.

Joe B is still around, let's bring him back! Jeeze, UK fans are incredible fans. Good god, thankfully we are 16-6 and not 11-11 or 6-16, or we'd see trees full of hanging Cats....
Stardust Wrote:They are 16-6, 5-2 in the SEC, who are we comparing them to?

They are 16-7 and 5-3 in the SEC.. I'd be surprised if we finish 500 in the sec. (Hope I'm wrong) Coaches don't have to prepare for us, because coach never shows any different looks, and the recipe to beat us has been demonstrated the last three games. Spread us out and take us off the dribble and take an uncontested jumpshot or layup, and/or kick it out for uncontested three. Coach G makes preparing for us simple.

Both South Carolina and LSU has rookie coaches and they both have better records, and are better coached than us. I think Wake Forest may have rookie coach as well, not sure about them.

If we do turn it around it won't be because of Coach G's adjustments and coaching philosophies, it will be on the backs of Meeks and Patterson.
Stardust Wrote:Joe B is still around, let's bring him back! Jeeze, UK fans are incredible fans. Good god, thankfully we are 16-6 and not 11-11 or 6-16, or we'd see trees full of hanging Cats....

16-7 hoss.
torQQue Wrote:They are 16-7 and 5-3 in the SEC.. I'd be surprised if we finish 500 in the sec. (Hope I'm wrong) Coaches don't have to prepare for us, because coach never shows any different looks, and the recipe to beat us has been demonstrated the last three games. Spread us out and take us off the dribble and take an uncontested jumpshot or layup, and/or kick it out for uncontested three. Coach G makes preparing for us simple.

Both South Carolina and LSU has rookie coaches and they both have better records, and are better coached than us. I think Wake Forest may have rookie coach as well, not sure about them.

If we do turn it around it won't be because of Coach G's adjustments and coaching philosophies, it will be on the backs of Meeks and Patterson.

Until Meeks get it in his head that he is not the best player out there UK will be better. I play on a team like UK is right now. The other 4 player dont try to play hard, Meeks is not that good to put the team on his back and win.... Meeks need to stop taking 50% of the shots. It is not Billy G, the player is not playing as a team. When they play as a team, they are one of the best teams out there. That go back to Meeks.
I'd say they will let Billy G coach next season, and if we are in the same shape, he will be fired.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:I'd say they will let Billy G coach next season, and if we are in the same shape, he will be fired.

I'd say March of 2010, if we arn't much improved, he will be gone. And thats being honest.
And I would say, that Patterson may get fed up with this and go for the NBA after this season.
mrfootball03 Wrote:16-7 hoss.

What's a "16-7 hoss", is that something like a "brainiac" Cool
mrfootball03 Wrote:16-7 hoss.

Unless coach G mixes it up some on defense, and gets others involved on the offense besides meeks and patterson(because coaches are taking them away), we are probably looking at 6 to 7 more conference losses. The only for sure game I see us winning is Georgia, and the way we are playing, and the way we have been exposed, we will be lucky to win that one.

If we lose 6 that puts us at 18-13, not counting the SEC tournament. We don't go to the dance with that record this year. That would put Coach G's overall record at what? Around 36-26?
Stardust Wrote:What's a "16-7 hoss", is that something like a "brainiac" Cool

thats a correction for someone who has a hard time keeping up. Confusedhh:
He didn't even show up for the post game show.
mrfootball03 Wrote:And I would say, that Patterson may get fed up with this and go for the NBA after this season.

I figure the same thing
cj2561 Wrote:Until Meeks get it in his head that he is not the best player out there UK will be better. I play on a team like UK is right now. The other 4 player dont try to play hard, Meeks is not that good to put the team on his back and win.... Meeks need to stop taking 50% of the shots. It is not Billy G, the player is not playing as a team. When they play as a team, they are one of the best teams out there. That go back to Meeks.

I disagree. I think Meeks and Patterson are both superstars on a poorly coached team. Without Meeks we would have lost a lot more games than we already have.
Panther Thunder Wrote:He didn't even show up for the post game show.

It wouldn't surprise me. Hes turned into a classless punk. Not shanking hands last game, being a ******** on the call in show, and now this.
LOL, OK you all have convinced me, UK stinks and it's all the coaches fault.

Confusedleep:
Stardust Wrote:LOL, OK you all have convinced me, UK stinks and it's all the coaches fault.

Confusedleep:

post *****. lol :Clap:
torQQue Wrote:I disagree. I think Meeks and Patterson are both superstars on a poorly coached team. Without Meeks we would have lost a lot more games than we already have.

Patterson need to move around more down low. The few games that i have watch, he stand down there. The player off the bench need to step-up. UK need a coach (after ever lose run there butts off). Like i said on another post, it will take time to get the player like UK use to get. There is alot more better coaches out there then they use to be. That can get the same kind of player UK use to get.
I must admit that I have been a huge Gillispie supporter, but I am starting to wonder how much longer the alumni and the fan base are going to stand for this. So, let the question be asked if Gillspie was to be gone from UK who takes over for him?
I think that Gillispie just might have lost a little control of the team, I read on catspause that there was a scuffle in the locker room after the game.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think that Gillispie just might have lost a little control of the team, I read on catspause that there was a scuffle in the locker room after the game.

Everyone is frusterated with losing.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think that Gillispie just might have lost a little control of the team, I read on catspause that there was a scuffle in the locker room after the game.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. His boot camp drill instructor demeanor isn't going to cut it this day and time. His constant scolding probably just adds to their frustration. I am sure he probably placed the blame on all of the players again.

Yeah you get that feeling watching them lately that they aren't listening to him anymore. Who did it say the scuffle was between.
I would say you are right, I just think that we have went away from the things that was successful to us earlier in the season. Seems like after Jodie dropped 54 against UT we've become too selfish and our defensive/rebounding has went south for the winter.
Captain_44 Wrote:Yeah you get that feeling watching them lately that they aren't listening to him anymore. Who did it say the scuffle was between.

It didn't mention the names....YET, but as soon as I hear something I'll post. Hopefully someone shook Stevenson's teeth loose, who openly admits they are lazy and it shows in their play?
Stardust Wrote:LOL, OK you all have convinced me, UK stinks and it's all the coaches fault.

Confusedleep:

I am not trying to be rude here. But at least we are discussing how we feel about the situation, unlike you. You haven't shared any of your thoughts with us, other than laughing, which doesn't explain anything..

If we are so wrong and you so right, then why don't you offer us some insight into why you think Coach G is so great. Obviously, you support him, why not stand up for your coach, and present some facts or at least give us your point of view instead of just laughing.
Pages: 1 2