Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mississippi State-66 vs Kentucky-57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
mrfootball03 Wrote:Its like this. i'm not calling for his head, but this team is not improving. a good coach will get everything out of every player. He will make due with what he has, and do the best possible. I don't think that is being done with Kentucky. We are getting worse, and he thinks we should just keep doing what were doing. How many times did he laugh last night when someone brought up to maybe play zone? 3 I counted. And his is excuse, we have the best shooting defense. Tonight there were at least 6 times when a MS player blew by a Ky player, and someone had to help out which left a man open to score. STUPID. In this situation tonight, I would have switched to something like 3-2 to combat thier penetration & outside shooting..

I get your point, and I in many ways agree with you. I just think it's personell. You have to do what you can do with the personell that you have.

I refer to my post earlier. UK got back into this game within 5 twice in the second half. Both times Stevonson made poor decisions. In each of those instances, MSU came back with 25'+ 3=pointers. The decision was dumb on Stevenson's part and how do you defend the range that MSU was shooting from? Those are not BG's bad coaching decisions! When you get within 5, then in less than 30 seconds later you are back down by 10, what should you change? They were doing all the right things to get to 5, it was the players on the floor that made the mistakes to put the game back to 10.

So what adjustment did BG make, he rightfully got Stevensons butt off the floor!
theVILLE Wrote:yuor point is kentucky cant buy a game now in the present. you arent suppose to live life by the past today is another day or another loss i guess. 7 championships impressive but cant win a game and carolina and duke well there knocking on the door and probaly going to come in and still everything.

After reading that, I cant believe i took the time to read your pitiful PM about Syracuse. Typical L-ville fan.
theVILLE Wrote:Has anyone else heard the rubics cube thing not saying its true but ive heard it from several people.
GET A NEW COACH

:confused:
theVILLE Wrote:erll again they got outcoached I think we need another coach sure give him another year or two but that is scarry thought isnt it. I have heard that in the south carolina game coach and all the players had a rubics cube passing it around.(if true than not a coach) wouldn't shake hands in south carolinas game, liggins refuses to play and plays 27 minutes the next game, he can recruit but all he has is meeks and patterson, he has no guard. Well to stop this problem a method called RECRUITING. Has anyone else heard the rubics cube thing not saying its true but ive heard it from several people.
GET A NEW COACH

:confused: Cmon. It was this stuff that sent Tubby packing and now we see that Tubby was a very good coach. Please!
Overrated Wrote:After reading that, I cant believe i took the time to read your pitiful PM about Syracuse. Typical L-ville fan.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:I get your point, and I in many ways agree with you. I just think it's personell. You have to do what you can do with the personell that you have.

I refer to my post earlier. UK got back into this game within 5 twice in the second half. Both times Stevonson made poor decisions. In each of those instances, MSU came back with 25'+ 3=pointers. The decision was dumb on Stevenson's part and how do you defend the range that MSU was shooting from? Those are not BG's bad coaching decisions! When you get within 5, then in less than 30 seconds later you are back down by 10, what should you change? They were doing all the right things to get to 5, it was the players on the floor that made the mistakes to put the game back to 10.

So what adjustment did BG make, he rightfully got Stevensons butt off the floor!

yeah, but Landon Slone really had no business on the floor. hes not gonna score against a SEC defense, so your taking another spot on the floor. They guard Meeks & Patterson, Slone is just taking a spot, Porter is really no threat, who do you have to score? Stevenson?
Kentucky's resume speaks for itself UNC will pass us up but do you honestly think they'll never have another strech of bad seasons? Once Willams leave it'll be the 90's all over again. I won't even respond to Duke being one of the best programs in history. Present maybe, alltime? NO WAY! And Coach K can't be there forever either......
mrfootball03 Wrote:yeah, but Landon Slone really had no business on the floor. hes not gonna score against a SEC defense, so your taking another spot on the floor. They guard Meeks & Patterson, Slone is just taking a spot, Porter is really no threat, who do you have to score? Stevenson?

That's exactly the point that I have been trying to make. UK does not have another player that can score. They do not yet have the talent that is ready to perform at a D-1 level. I think Liggins, Galloway & Miller can be those guys, but because this team has so little talent, we have to rely on them to do it Now, and let's face it, they are NOT ready!
Kyboy13 Wrote:Kentucky's resume speaks for itself UNC will pass us up but do you honestly think they'll never have another strech of bad seasons? Once Willams leave it'll be the 90's all over again. I won't even respond to Duke being one of the best programs in history. Present maybe, alltime? NO WAY! And Coach K can't be there forever either......

My comment was not about forever, it was since '98.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Kentucky's resume speaks for itself UNC will pass us up but do you honestly think they'll never have another strech of bad seasons? Once Willams leave it'll be the 90's all over again. I won't even respond to Duke being one of the best programs in history. Present maybe, alltime? NO WAY! And Coach K can't be there forever either......

lol we'll all be dead by the time to see it.. so does it really matter? take your blue glasses off, and step away from the kool-aid. we are down, and right now, it doesn't look good. You put a Coach K, Rick Pitino, Roy Williams on the sideline of this Kentucky team, and we'd be at the top of the SEC right now, not near the bottom.
Stardust Wrote:That's exactly the point that I have been trying to make. UK does not have another player that can score. They do not yet have the talent that is ready to perform at a D-1 level. I think Liggins, Galloway & Miller can be those guys, but because this team has so little talent, we have to rely on them to do it Now, and let's face it, they are NOT ready!

Don't give me this no talent crap, Tubby took over a team with even less talent, and turned them into a better team in the same amout of time.
Rick Pitino>Tubby Smith> Billy Gillespie

The truth is the truth. Until Billy Gillespie decides to make some changes, my thoughts will stay the same.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Rick Pitino>Tubby Smith> Billy Gillespie

The truth is the truth. Until Billy Gillespie decides to make some changes, my thoughts will stay the same.

Maybe better than Billy Gillespie, but not Billy Gillispie.
Stardust Wrote:That's exactly the point that I have been trying to make. UK does not have another player that can score. They do not yet have the talent that is ready to perform at a D-1 level. I think Liggins, Galloway & Miller can be those guys, but because this team has so little talent, we have to rely on them to do it Now, and let's face it, they are NOT ready!

No.. i'm just saying Landon Slone has no business on the court in a SEC game. We need a Darius Miller, or Liggins in there. At least they have a chance to score.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Maybe better than Billy Gillespie, but not Billy Gillispie.

I'm allowed to mess up. ****, half of the time hes interviewed he fumbles his words worse than George W. Bush..
mrfootball03 Wrote:Don't give me this no talent crap, Tubby took over a team with even less talent, and turned them into a better team in the same amout of time.

WHAT????? Tubby took over a team with less talent!!! You're kidding right?

Shepard
Magloire
Turner
Mohammad
Padgett
Edwards
Evans
Mills

I thought no one wanted to give Tubby credit for the '98 championship because all of these players were Pitino's!!!!

:lmao:
Stardust Wrote:WHAT????? Tubby took over a team with less talent!!! You're kidding right?

Shepard
Magloire
Turner
Mohammad
Padgett
Edwards
Evans
Mills

I thought no one wanted to give Tubby credit for the '98 championship because all of these players were Pitino's!!!!

:lmao:

Hey there Captain Brilliant. I'm talking about the Minnesota program. Come on now, try to keep up.
An ugly game to watch. We need to win the next one against UF.
Stardust Wrote::confused: Cmon. It was this stuff that sent Tubby packing and now we see that Tubby was a very good coach. Please!

He was for a losing program
theVILLE Wrote:He was for a losing program

I assume you are saying the UK was a losing program under Tubby?
theVILLE Wrote:erll again they got outcoached I think we need another coach sure give him another year or two but that is scarry thought isnt it. I have heard that in the south carolina game coach and all the players had a rubics cube passing it around.(if true than not a coach) wouldn't shake hands in south carolinas game, liggins refuses to play and plays 27 minutes the next game, he can recruit but all he has is meeks and patterson, he has no guard. Well to stop this problem a method called RECRUITING. Has anyone else heard the rubics cube thing not saying its true but ive heard it from several people.
GET A NEW COACH

Our coach is fine!!! Everyone talks about Pitino and coach k, but Pitino has zero championships with Louisville and coach k has 2 with Duke but none as of recent. BCG and the Cats will be fine, so worry about your own coach and team because your opinion here don't make a difference. Especially since Pitino has had 10 seasons at Louisville and still no title. Confusedhh:
mrfootball03 Wrote:No.. i'm just saying Landon Slone has no business on the court in a SEC game. We need a Darius Miller, or Liggins in there. At least they have a chance to score.
:thumpsup:
Kentucky is really starting to disappoint me. But, I think they will bounce back!
Kyboy13 Wrote:No, I don't. Syracuse will come and go UK is forever. I would much rather have a couple bad season in the 2000's, knowing my team is the most winningest program in the natioin. Not to mention the 7 Nat'l Championship banners that hang in my house.......... How many in yours? Your program is a young little greenhorn who's getting a taste of glory, mine is the wiley old Vet. and medal of honor recipiant, who's shelves are full of accolades.

What was anyone thinking, UK got beat by two no names school at home in two years. UK lose the 66 title to a no name school. If UK is so good, way dont they have more titles then just 7. I don't think they would have that many, if Black kids was playing back in the 40's and 50's, were most of them come from.... Becuase Rupp wouldn't have a black kid on his teams.
Overrated Wrote:After reading that, I cant believe i took the time to read your pitiful PM about Syracuse. Typical L-ville fan.

Still upset we came up there and handled the Orange?
As for the thread, UK is not good...
cj2561 Wrote:What was anyone thinking, UK got beat by two no names school at home in two years. UK lose the 66 title to a no name school. If UK is so good, way dont they have more titles then just 7. I don't think they would have that many, if Black kids was playing back in the 40's and 50's, were most of them come from.... Becuase Rupp wouldn't have a black kid on his teams.

Not only your jealousy but you lack of knowledge about Uk's basketball program is showing. Coach Rupp did in fact recruit black players. Wesley Unseld, Butch Beard, Mike Redd and Jim McDaniel were recruited very hard by Rupp and Lancaster. They happen to choose another school because they would have been the first black player to ever play at UK. Coach Rupp always wanted a kid that could play, no matter what color skin, and these guys could really play. Rupp would never settle for the run of the mill player like so many coaches today end up with. So dont try playing the RACE card here.
Last time I checked 7 national NCAA titles are second to only UCLA's 11 I believe. The 66 team that lost to Texas Western just got beat ba a more talented team, no shame in that. Do some research before you start running off at the fingers.
It's so sad to set and watch a player like Porter wear the KY uniform. I turned the channel last night after watching the defense set back and beg him to shoot. That's rediculous! Keep Porter on the bench. If he can't shoot the basketball and at least make 1 out of 3 shoots he doesn't deserve to play because he does nothing else on the floor. He plays like a scared high school player. If Billy G can't see that he doesnt' deserve to coach at UK.

Landon Slone plays really hard, but he just can't play well enough defensively to play in the SEC. Billy G has got to play Liggins and Calloway if he wants to win some games. Keep Porter on the very end of the bench. He's horrible!
do you think UK knows what a ball fake is, Vernado tries to block everything fake him and jump into him geta foul.
If Kentucky goes 8-8 in the SEC, we'll play in the NIT. Gillespie is going to live or die with m2m defense looks like. We are getting beat by teams with more good players than we have. By the time Tubby Smith left, UK was no longer an elite program in talent or results. Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, UConn, UCLA... these are the elite these days. Gonzaga has been more successful than UK in the last five years.
Pages: 1 2 3