Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Excuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't you hate when poeple constantly make excuses when they lose
Don't you think it takes the joy away from winiing?TongueoliceLig
Keep this topic clean!!!!
Hows it not clean???
I just said for it to stay that way, this thread could very well get out of hand..
"THE BUS" Wrote:Hows it not clean???

I don't think she was directing it toward you BUS. Arguing and disagreeing is fine. As long as it doesnt lead to death threats. Smile Im out. So you all can resume arguing. :rock:
We have 5 posts so far and no answer to the question yet so I'll get it started. Yes, I hate it when teams make excuses for their poor performances. The bottom line is, "you win some, you lose some." Who hasn't ever lost a game where they felt cheated or treated unfairly? All of us have. Are there games to make excuses? Yes. The problem is when a team, coach, player, or fan makes excuses every single time their team is defeated.
"torQQue" Wrote:I don't think she was directing it toward you BUS. Arguing and disagreeing is fine. As long as it doesnt lead to death threats. Smile Im out. So you all can resume arguing. :rock:
Thank you
"tomcat68" Wrote:We have 5 posts so far and no answer to the question yet so I'll get it started. Yes, I hate it when teams make excuses for their poor performances. The bottom line is, "you win some, you lose some." Who hasn't ever lost a game where they felt cheated or treated unfairly? All of us have. Are there games to make excuses? Yes. The problem is when a team, coach, player, or fan makes excuses every single team their team is defeated.

I agree. My coaches always told us to leave it on the field. My dad always told me to Suck it up. Just go out and play hard and live with the results. Making excuses makes people/teams look weak. Eventually everyone will be faced with sometype of bad call or whatever. No need to cause yourself unwanted stress over something you have no control over.
"tomcat68" Wrote:The bottom line is, "you win some, you lose some." .
How about for those of us that "Win a few, lose A LOT?" :ChairHit:
"Beef" Wrote:How about for those of us that "Win a few, lose A LOT?" :ChairHit:
That sometimes run's into a problem for people...lol
I think everyone should remember it's just a game. Excuses or not, in the real world it's not going to matter.
I think that sometimes there are excuses, like if a player just sprained an ankle, had toe surgery or even a migraine headache. Those are reasons for someone to perform poorly in a sporting event. At least they have the heart and guts to try to help and contribute. I've seen people play a basketball game with a temp of 104, one kid played with a ingrown toenail so bad his socks would stick to his shoes with all the blood. But it seems the people who always says something about it are the ones who watch from the bleachers and not in the games themselves. I also think with all the spell check programs out there, there isn't any excuse to put someone down while misspelling every other word you write. No one is perfect in this world, but at least some try.
Winners are the players who have the most heart and guts and we give it there all everytime you step onto the floor or feild
WINNERS DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES
even if you think you got cheated out leave it to yourself complaining isnt goin to solve anything
It just makes you llok bad
So a wins a win and a loss is a loss
"THE BUS" Wrote:Winners are the players who have the most heart and guts and we give it there all everytime you step onto the floor or feild
WINNERS DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES
even if you think you got cheated out leave it to yourself complaining isnt goin to solve anything
It just makes you llok bad
So a wins a win and a loss is a loss
I don't remember anyone that has been mentined in the other thread that you made this one to respond to making any excuses at all. Just the same as no one can control what you say, they cant control what others say either one. Also, players that have heart and guts give it there all, but sometimes they cant give 100% of what they are able to. That doesnt mean they dont give 100% of what they can. Real winners will play when injured, busted up, banged up, just the same as when they are 100% healthy. But I guess it is easier to type in on here how others should do things when you are paying to get in to watch them from the bleachers isnt it?
"tomcat68" Wrote:We have 5 posts so far and no answer to the question yet so I'll get it started. Yes, I hate it when teams make excuses for their poor performances. The bottom line is, "you win some, you lose some." Who hasn't ever lost a game where they felt cheated or treated unfairly? All of us have. Are there games to make excuses? Yes. The problem is when a team, coach, player, or fan makes excuses every single time their team is defeated.
IMO -- If your make excuses everytime a game is lost that's bull, but I have been involved in many contests where the officals did indeed alter the outcome, now you could say we should have got the first down or hit the three, or not made the turnover,but over the years I have noticed those really didn't matter sometimes. :Hammer3:
im with beef