Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BluegrassRivals.com Eastern Kentucky Top 20 (Feb. 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BGR's EKY Top 20 2/2

1. Shelby Valley
2. Elliott County
3. Hazard
4. Corbin
5. South Laurel
6. Perry Co. Central
7. Knott Co. Central
8. West Carter
9. Clay County
10. Knox Central
11. Letcher Co. Central
12. Johnson Central
13. Bath County
14. Fairvew
15. Rose Hill Christian
16. Middlesboro
17. Pikeville
18. East Carter
19. Pineville
20. Lawrence County
Hazard should not be that high.
dore20 Wrote:Hazard should not be that high.

Can you explain why, you think that?
There really isn't much difference in the top 2 teams but it is SV at the moment.
This looks pretty good to me. I still believe Corbin is a better team than Hazard but Hazard does deserve to be ranked higher at the moment because of their success in the All "A".
outdoorsman43 Wrote:This looks pretty good to me. I still believe Corbin is a better team than Hazard but Hazard does deserve to be ranked higher at the moment because of their success in the All "A".

I agree.
I would switch Corbin and Haz, but the rest looks good.
Does anyone think that Prestonsburg deserves to be in the top 20?

4 of their 8 losses are to top 20 teams in the state by Courier-Journal's Litkenhous (#1 Scott County, #8 Shelby Valley, #19 Highlands, #20 Perry Co. Central). They have lost twice to Johnson Central, once to Pikeville on a last second shot, but later defeated Pikeville on a neutral floor by 19, and lost to June Buchanan in a game where they had a 9-point lead with just over 3 minutes remaining.

Prestonsburg has a 17-point win over Betsy Layne, 19-point win over Pikeville, and wins over Allen Central, Magoffin County, Howell Central, MO; Phelps, South Floyd twice, Sheldon Clark twice, and Tolsia, WV.

Wins are not that impressive, but they are defeating teams they are supposed to.

Prestonsburg is 11-8 on the season, 9-4 in the region, and 5-0 in the district.

Thoughts?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Does anyone think that Prestonsburg deserves to be in the top 20?

4 of their 8 losses are to top 20 teams in the state by Courier-Journal's Litkenhous (#1 Scott County, #8 Shelby Valley, #19 Highlands, #20 Perry Co. Central). They have lost twice to Johnson Central, once to Pikeville on a last second shot, but later defeated Pikeville on a neutral floor by 19, and lost to June Buchanan in a game where they had a 9-point lead with just over 3 minutes remaining.

Prestonsburg has a 17-point win over Betsy Layne, 19-point win over Pikeville, and wins over Allen Central, Magoffin County, Howell Central, MO; Phelps, South Floyd twice, Sheldon Clark twice, and Tolsia, WV.

Wins are not that impressive, but they are defeating teams they are supposed to.

Thoughts?

I can see them being close but I don't really see any teams that they absolutely should be ranked ahead of in this poll.
I dont think hazard should be in fron of corbin
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Does anyone think that Prestonsburg deserves to be in the top 20?

Thoughts?

You have made some good points as to why they might be ranked, the district and region records are good, they have lost a few close ones, but
I don't know enough about Bath Cty,Fairview,Middlesboro and Pineville to know if they should knock one of those teams out. I do think they are close
to Pikeville.
How does Morgan County fall out of the top 20 after only a 11 point loss to Elliott and a 5 point win at Lewis.