Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 80 - Powell County 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WOW:lmao:
Not the best of years for Powell to get their turn to host the 14th regional tournament. They won't be there like they were the last time, when they won it.
Give Powell another year or 2 and they should be competitive again. Hang in there Pirates
They won't be competitive for at least 3 years. If then.
Wow Powell had 6 points in the entire first half. Nolan had a crazy turn around shot that somehow went in along with a layup and a pair of free-throws from Arvin. Where is the team at? Letcher played a good game. Letchers starters only played about 2 minutes in the seconed half and then the seconed string came in and followed up with what the starters began. The sore at half was 44-6 with Letcher leading by 38 at half time. At least Powell put in some baskets in the seconed half.
It was hard to watch Powell play against Letchers third string and still getting beat. Best of luck to the Pirates hopefully Riverside gets rescheduled and we can get a win.
slugger35 Wrote:They won't be competitive for at least 3 years. If then.

I hope so but from what I saw tonight, unless they get a new coach who can call some plays and some players who can run an offense then I dont see them doing anything.
THEONLYONE Wrote:WOW:lmao:

Hey mom, what's so funny about your son getting beat this bad tonight? You should be ashamed of yourself!!!! Hang in there Pirates.:dontthink
Congrats Letcher
Congrats Letcher.
Congrats LC, tough game for Powell
Letcher Co. Central 21 23 21 15 80

Powell Co. 6 0 9 16 31

Letcher Co. Central -- Blair 2, Banks 10, Proffitt 11, Reynolds 8, Ison 4, Cornett 12, Brock 2, Johnson 10, Roark 11, Ballow 2, Stewart 4, Collins 2, Whitaker 2.
Powell Co. -- Arvin 11, Reed 10, Conner 4, Adams 1, Nolan 5.
sorry to see the team take another beating
FOR REAL Wrote:Hey mom, what's so funny about your son getting beat this bad tonight? You should be ashamed of yourself!!!! Hang in there Pirates.:dontthink

HEY FOR REAL WHY DONT YOU GET REAL. NOT THAT I AM ANYONES MOM BUT I AM CERTAINLY NOT ASHAMED OF MYSELF MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND KEEP YOUR STUPID COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. :Skull03:
I salute all those Pirates......Hold your head up and quit listening to all the naysayers!! Easy for them to be critical. You and the new coach will have your chance. Stay positive!!
THEONLYONE Wrote:HEY FOR REAL WHY DONT YOU GET REAL. NOT THAT I AM ANYONES MOM BUT I AM CERTAINLY NOT ASHAMED OF MYSELF MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND KEEP YOUR STUPID COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. :Skull03:

Your the one making the stupid comments. not them...
you get on here all the time and bash the ball team. i mean you must have some serious self confidence issues because any MOM that has to get on a forum site and talk about teenagers and their negatives have problems.. i mean do you get an adrenaline rush or something from sitting behind a computer screen typing bad things about a ball team your son is on???? anyone agree?
What a huge spread at the half. I din't think this sort of thing happened anymore????????Confusedticktong
Its easy to hang in there when you play for a team that wins. It takes a lot more effort to continue to play hard on a team that is getting beat by 40 night in and night out. My hat is off to the kids that have hung in there. I know it may not seem like it now, but you may profit more from you high school basketball experience than the stars on the top teams.

Why would anyone continue to blast a team that is struggling like Powell Co is this year? It absolulutly serves no purpose.
How bout all of you stop making fun of Powell. There struggling this year. There aleast gettin out there and are trying, something probably most you wouldn't do.After you have lost 17 game straight. They still get out there ever game and put there heart into the game they are playing. Can't wait till your team is having a bad year, and you get made fun of by people. But powell county people wont make fun of you cause we know how it feels. My heart goes out to these guys.
Keep ya heads up Powell.
powellpirates08 Wrote:Your the one making the stupid comments. not them...
you get on here all the time and bash the ball team. i mean you must have some serious self confidence issues because any MOM that has to get on a forum site and talk about teenagers and their negatives have problems.. i mean do you get an adrenaline rush or something from sitting behind a computer screen typing bad things about a ball team your son is on???? anyone agree?

I totally agree 100%. :Thumbs:
rojas Wrote:Its easy to hang in there when you play for a team that wins. It takes a lot more effort to continue to play hard on a team that is getting beat by 40 night in and night out. My hat is off to the kids that have hung in there. I know it may not seem like it now, but you may profit more from you high school basketball experience than the stars on the top teams.

Why would anyone continue to blast a team that is struggling like Powell Co is this year? It absolulutly serves no purpose.

Great post rojas! It could'nt have been said any better.:notworthy
Amen!
piratefan24 Wrote:How bout all of you stop making fun of Powell. There struggling this year. There aleast gettin out there and are trying, something probably most you wouldn't do.After you have lost 17 game straight. They still get out there ever game and put there heart into the game they are playing. Can't wait till your team is having a bad year, and you get made fun of by people. But powell county people wont make fun of you cause we know how it feels. My heart goes out to these guys.
Mostly it is Pirate faithful making fun and critizing your team the rest are offering support for the non-quitters.
Congrats Letcher.
Keep your heads up, every program has there down years.
Yes, I think Powell will do fine in a couple years....as soon as they get rid of that awful coach.
congrats lcc
keep your heads up powell
Luigi#2 Wrote:Yes, I think Powell will do fine in a couple years....as soon as they get rid of that awful coach.

You must be one of the quitters who could'nt handle the heat so you got out of the kitchen!:lmao: