Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Billy G says lack of discipline beat KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach G says that his players do not execute the plays. Perry was suppose to call time out with 3.2 sec and chose not to....if they don't listen to the coach what's next ? Your thoughts??
If that's the case, discipline starts at the top...
I think that the discipline is the coaches fought. Example Liggins refuses to play and the punishment was record setting time. I think we need a new coach!!! WHo agrees with me
I have never been a Gillispie fan! I agree with u!
Guys give him time. Some people make me sick, first you run tubby out ( looks at what he did with Minn. now) and Gillispie been here for 2 years, and u want him gone cause of 2 bad games. were 16 -6 and were still a favorite to win the SEC. And look at the Talent he his coaching, only NBA players we have is Patterson and Meeks. I mean were 5-2 in the SEC and ESPN still has us seeded in the tournment as a 6-8 seed in March. What else could you ask for in a coach thats been here for 2 years and not a very deep Bench to go to. Give the man a chance.
That's right.
baseballfan Wrote:Guys give him time. Some people make me sick, first you run tubby out ( looks at what he did with Minn. now) and Gillispie been here for 2 years, and u want him gone cause of 2 bad games. were 16 -6 and were still a favorite to win the SEC. And look at the Talent he his coaching, only NBA players we have is Patterson and Meeks. I mean were 5-2 in the SEC and ESPN still has us seeded in the tournment as a 6-8 seed in March. What else could you ask for in a coach thats been here for 2 years and not a very deep Bench to go to. Give the man a chance.

That's right.
Its been more than just 2 games bud. Losses they had last year dont look good either. He is a terrible coach and should never have been at UK at all. When UK loses he blames it all on the players and never takes responsibility for his mistakes, he is a complete and total *******.
baseballfan Wrote:Guys give him time. Some people make me sick, first you run tubby out ( looks at what he did with Minn. now) and Gillispie been here for 2 years, and u want him gone cause of 2 bad games. were 16 -6 and were still a favorite to win the SEC. And look at the Talent he his coaching, only NBA players we have is Patterson and Meeks. I mean were 5-2 in the SEC and ESPN still has us seeded in the tournment as a 6-8 seed in March. What else could you ask for in a coach thats been here for 2 years and not a very deep Bench to go to. Give the man a chance.

Exactly. Why does everyone get so bent out of shape?

I agree
Finally a couple of guys that don't **** me off lol when someone brings of coach, you all get it. Go look at Catspause, a bunch of those idiots just don't see how things are, and the improvements that have been made. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Lack of discipline didn't beat us today. Lack of coaching did!

we're not the favorites to win the SEC.. Florida is..
He is in his second year! Give him time and he will get us back to the promise land! Mark it down. He doesnt have anyone besides Meeks and Patterson that he can depend on to put up points on the board. Without a third scorer people can key on those two and force the rest of the team to beat them.
Jshort5 Wrote:Lack of discipline didn't beat us today. Lack of coaching did!

Well, Discipline is about coaching!!! :Thumbs:
mrfootball03 Wrote:we're not the favorites to win the SEC.. Florida is..

According to the folks at ESPN UK is.
As of now it looks like the SEC is wide open and anybody can win it. We need to step up and take it if we want it.
Players anymore isnt too smart. Its not like it use to be. Team 1st.
all these guys talking about his coaching , benching, and other stuff YOU GUYS ARE NOT IN THE LOCKER ROOM OR ON THE BENCH. so he knows what he is doing if not he wouldn't be at UK simple as that. same for tubby he knew what he was doing but he couldn't get no legit tournament wins and he just wasn't a good fit for UK. BG style is and his recruiting is a thousand times better. have a lil faith.
I am not ready to fire Billy G, but I do think he got out coached. The end of the game was a total mess.
what i was trying to say is that we are in the top 3 to win the SEC and last night Flordia got beat, so i think were still consider the ones to beat but the top 4 teams in the SEC is a toss up to who will win.
This game would of been ours if Perry could of made his DANG free throws. Since Coach says its disipline then he needs to work on that, free throw shooting for everyone except jodie meeks and blocking out.

are you kidding me.. Fl. will be lucky to go to the NIT..

Ky has a major lack of talent and exp. in the PG position. Porter can't hack it, and liggins needs to learn his role.

I'm going to give Billy G a chance, until Pelphry gets some experience. But if he keeps losing to teams that I've never heard of, and keeps losing at home to teams he should beat, then I'm going to start getting upset.

I didn't like Tubby and I'm glad he is gone. I don't want him back either. I hated watching Ky play when he was coaching. Ky is too inconsistent with anything right now except blocking the ball, and turning it over.

They need some serious PG play and more help from someone other than Patterson and Meeks. If Gillispie is such a great recruiter then why can't he get someone who can play at all positions... and I'm done with this rant
I am still at the stage that next year is the year the state should start making their judgement. However, knowing how most fans are, this may be a ending to the season that could put even more pressue on CBC to succeed next year. I DO think Pat and Meeks will be back. Mix that with Hood, and solid pg play, and Daniel Orton coming off the bench and the state should actually start expecting something.
PG play is the biggest problem. Porter isn't that good and Liggins is like a fish out of water.

The rest is all good. Stuff happens and players make bad decisions that a coach cannot control. Billy G tells it like it is, and anyone who thinks they know better than him are a bunch of armchair coaches who have never even owned a whistle.
All you UK fans is the same, you think a coach can come in and win from day one..... Pitino was only 14-14 his first season at UK... After what Tubby done there it will take a few years to get the player they use to get. UK can't get the player just because of there name. They have to work to get them player....
Billy G will be alright Ky needs a better point guard that all with a little help from Miller, Galloway, and Liggens..
I think come this time next year UK will be in the hunt for # 8. This year is still IMO a rebuilding year, next year is when the pressure should be put on CBC.

Give him time that is the part im afraid of. And 2 bad games ok yeah maybe the last two games is as far back as u want to go in the past. Talent he is coaching yeah all he has is meeks and patterson well think the coach needs to be recruiting. He needs a PG well get out and recruit...