Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pass V.s. Run?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which one do you prefer and why???
i like a solid running attack because it gives you the ability to control the clock but i think its better if you can have a balanced attack.
When i was a senior i played estill county in a scrimmage and i have always liked the option run alot so if i had to go with run or pass it would be The option run
Run
Balance is best, but after that, the best thing is to do whatever your talent dictates. If you have a choice and can do either run or pass, I pick run. There are many less bad things to happen on run plays vs. passing plays.
tomcat68 Wrote:Balance is best, but after that, the best thing is to do whatever your talent dictates. If you have a choice and can do either run or pass, I pick run. There are many less bad things to happen on run plays vs. passing plays.
good post
i agree balance is best but you have to do with what your team has
if you are with limited athletes the best strategy is your option run you have sooo many choices out of the option run
If you want to win, you have to have a solid running game.
I say Balanced or according on what kind of athletes you have
If you have 3 all american wide recievers, and a good QB are you going to run the ball?
If you want to watch a good running program attend a BELFRY football game, just watch how they manage the clock and the other team....
football05 Wrote:I say Balanced or according on what kind of athletes you have
If you have 3 all american wide recievers, and a good QB are you going to run the ball?
If you want to watch a good running program attend a BELFRY football game, just watch how they manage the clock and the other team....
but if you want to see the best running program go to ashland this friday and watch jc and blume
I was the greatest Wrote:but if you want to see the best running program go to ashland this friday and watch jc and blume

the best??? haha............whenever JC and "blume" win back to back state titles then MAYBE they could be mentioned as one of the best, but Belfry will remain the best untill proven otherwise.
the best running game not the best team
yards and tds prove that as well as time of possession and effectiveness
not wins and state titles
having the best overall team and heart proves the best teams and i put belfry at the top
and people complain about the amount of touches he has
well if he produces and can handle the load then just give him the ball everytime if noone can stop him
i put blume and belfry's back i think it is either may or maynard can't remember which one exactly but the feature at the top in east ky.
bu tthe edge has to go to blume not just the yards because that is unfair cause he has way more touches. on the simple fact that he can hold up an entire game with that many touches.... i have yet to see belfry's back carry as many times as blume so that is why i would give blume the edge
and you never will see a belfry back carry the ball as much as blume does in a game, its just not thier style they are much more effective with 2 or 3 rbs sharing the load.
Yea MRI I agree belfry has a balanced back field like they run FB dive once then HB off tackle for a TD or run option for a TD.....

So IWASTHEGREATEST your saying JC has the BEST running program?
Where has JC been in the past 5 years? Belfry has been right there, and your saying yards and tds are more important than a state championship?
Heck if thats the case IF i was a coach I would schedule NO NAME teams and run up the score every week and have 10000 yards for my HB and 5000 for my QB....
A passing game can be very effective in High School if the team possesses the personel to do so.

However, I enjoy seeing smashmouth football by teams like Belfry. Power Football gotta love thost big guys between the trenches.
I was the greatest Wrote:and people complain about the amount of touches he has
well if he produces and can handle the load then just give him the ball everytime if noone can stop him
i put blume and belfry's back i think it is either may or maynard can't remember which one exactly but the feature at the top in east ky.
bu tthe edge has to go to blume not just the yards because that is unfair cause he has way more touches. on the simple fact that he can hold up an entire game with that many touches.... i have yet to see belfry's back carry as many times as blume so that is why i would give blume the edge

What teams have JC played that would physically attack? If ashland plays aggressive they will shut blume down, he is too small to amount more than 75 yards against a larger, more physical team.
If i'm not mistaken, JC has been in the 4A class the past 4 or 5 years..
I think they were in 4A longer than that CTD.
:wieghts:
football05 Wrote:Yea MRI I agree belfry has a balanced back field like they run FB dive once then HB off tackle for a TD or run option for a TD.....

Where has JC been in the past 5 years? Belfry has been right there, and your saying yards and tds are more important than a state championship?
Heck if thats the case IF i was a coach I would schedule NO NAME teams and run up the score every week and have 10000 yards for my HB and 5000 for my QB....

Yeah they aint been no were but they also didnt have matney either until last year .. JC's blume is the best running attack :wieghts:
TE#82 Wrote::wieghts:

Yeah they aint been no were but they also didnt have matney either until last year .. JC's blume is the best running attack :wieghts:

Would you be willing to say that Blume is better than Jones OR Howard from Belfry? Or are we strictly talking about this year?
Running teams seem to have more success during the playoffs, but passing teams are a little more exciting to watch.
football05 Wrote:Yea MRI I agree belfry has a balanced back field like they run FB dive once then HB off tackle for a TD or run option for a TD.....

i would put blume and howard in the same echelon of running backs
and yes that is belfry's style to run 2 or 3 backs and it works great it just isn't everyones style jc has a proven back that can withstand the load of 30 or 30 plus carries and produces the whole game with that many touches so why not give him the ball if he is producing

i believe that belfry has the best right on in your face smashmouth running game
but i also believe that jc has a more balanced all around running game
lets not forget that belfry also had a great defense that helped win those state titles not just jones and howard in the backfield
you can have teams strickly run the ball and win titles but it is very uncommon most teams throw the ball atleast 10 to 15 times a game and some even more just to make other teams think about it and respect it
great all around teams win titles!!
i was just stating that titles don't define the best rushing attack
yards and touchdowns and ball control defines a great rushing attack!!
belfry and jc both have great running games but in my opinion jc has an all around better running games IE: options, sweeps, pitches, draws, dives, isos, slams, counters, etc.
grant it belfry is better at dives and straight on plays jc is more well rounded.

jc was in 3a during the 01 and 02 seasons then went back to 4a during the 03 and 04 seasons and dropped back down to 3a this season

i hope i clarrified what i was trying to explain
I was the greatest Wrote:i would put blume and howard in the same echelon of running backs
and yes that is belfry's style to run 2 or 3 backs and it works great it just isn't everyones style jc has a proven back that can withstand the load of 30 or 30 plus carries and produces the whole game with that many touches so why not give him the ball if he is producing

i believe that belfry has the best right on in your face smashmouth running game
but i also believe that jc has a more balanced all around running game
lets not forget that belfry also had a great defense that helped win those state titles not just jones and howard in the backfield
you can have teams strickly run the ball and win titles but it is very uncommon most teams throw the ball atleast 10 to 15 times a game and some even more just to make other teams think about it and respect it
great all around teams win titles!!
i was just stating that titles don't define the best rushing attack
yards and touchdowns and ball control defines a great rushing attack!!
belfry and jc both have great running games but in my opinion jc has an all around better running games IE: options, sweeps, pitches, draws, dives, isos, slams, counters, etc.
grant it belfry is better at dives and straight on plays jc is more well rounded.

jc was in 3a during the 01 and 02 seasons then went back to 4a during the 03 and 04 seasons and dropped back down to 3a this season

i hope i clarrified what i was trying to explain

:thumb:
I am going to say if you have a solid quarterback and a couple of good receivers why not pass? Just as long as the defense can actually perform a stop.
Lynn Camp has a pretty good running attack too.....their QB also can throw the ball if they need to...thats a dangerous offense
Just stick it up the middle maybe a play action pass everynow and then but be physical and pound the other team. Passing teams have to worry about feild conditions and the weather. Sleet hail rain or snow you and good back / oline cant be stopped.
I like the run game.
I prefer the run. A couple of years ago Belfry and Danville won state tiles and there was something like 5 passes thrown between them in the 2 games. I agree with DTIA, a pass heavy team has to worry too much about outside factors. You've got to be somewhat balanced, but it is usually heavy to the run side on the really good teams.
I like the pass, but if you want to be consistent and have some wins a solid ground attack is needed
I agree
Pages: 1 2