Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Sweet 16 Pairings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upper:
12 vs. 14
3 vs. 5
6 vs. 1
7 vs. 13

Lower:
11 vs. 4
9 vs. 2
10 vs. 15
8 vs. 16

Looks a little stacked in that lower bracket....good draw for the 7th region though.
If you go by the Courier Journal LIT ratings....just for those that are unsure of what teams comprise what region....it would look like this

Upper
12th - 14th McCreary Central vs Perry Central
3rd - 5th Muhlenberg North vs North Hardin
6th - 1st PRP vs Paducah Tilghman
7 - 13th Eastern vs Corbin

Lower
11th - 4th Scott Co vs Warren Central
9th - 2nd Holmes vs Christian County
10th - 15th Mason Co vs Shelby Valley
16th - 8th Elliott Co vs Anderson Co
I cant wait till its tourney time....
So Friday will be a heck of a day to go to the tourney.
Perry vs North Hardin

PRP vs Eastern, heck of a game
Scott co vs Holmes, best game of tourney probably

Shelby Valley vs Elliott, rematch of All A semi's probably

Going to be one heck of a week, can't wait!!
Lower Bracket Is Going To Be Tough To Make It To The Finals
Looks like once again, the 15th region gets a tough opening assignment in Rupp. The 10th region includes Mason Co. and Clark Co., among others. Will be a tough game to start out with.
It's going to be a real exciting tournament this year, especially with all the talent that's going to be there.
Rough draw for the 15th but hey I think Valley can handle it!
Lower bracket is loaded, looks like the upper bracket is pretty wide open.
the 8th,4th,and 2nd have the hardest placements.
The 4th drew the 11th region, which has Scott Co, Bryan Station, Lex Cath,Dunbar,Franklin Co., ALOT of talented teams. The 7th is the second toughest region but they are all alone in the top bracket. You have all the teams previously named,Holmes,and Elliot co on the bottom bracket.
It will be tough to make the finals in the bottom bracket.
Barring any first round upsets, I like Elliott's and/or Valley's (if they make it to Rupp) chances to be playing on Sat. night. They would be playing the winner of the Holmes/Scott. Co. matchup...... I smell a letdown. The best thing is if either of those two teams make it to Sat. night......I don't think either would be denied. jmo.
As a few people have said, if everything plays out according to plan, we are going to have a whopper of Friday basketball.
The lower bracket is stacked. Should be some great games Thursday and Friday.
Eastern, J-town, Balard or whoever wins the 7th has a cake walk to the finals. Man, what a draw for the 7th region.

Bottom half is a different story, these teams will be beating each other up to make it to the finals. Another advantage for the 7th region.
The 7th regions toughest game till the finals should be there opening round game(Corbin/S.Laurel). But, I have seen crazier things!!!
lcalum Wrote:The 7th regions toughest game till the finals should be there opening round game(Corbin/S.Laurel). But, I have seen crazier things!!!

You gotta throw the 14th in there they could play with anyone in that upper bracket best draw for the 14th in history Hazard Perry or Knott could win out to the Finals if they play like they know how.
the toughest game i see in the first round has to be the one placing the 15th against the 10th region but u never know who ull see there so good luck to all
UK_fan54 Wrote:You gotta throw the 14th in there they could play with anyone in that upper bracket best draw for the 14th in history Hazard Perry or Knott could win out to the Finals if they play like they know how.

Very good draw for the 14th. Hazard or whoever wins that region has a pretty clear path to Saturday morning. I don't see that team getting past the 7th region representative (Louisville Eastern, J-Town, etc.), but that would still be a nice run to the state semi's.
Tough draw for some, but if your the best team you will be there Saturday night.TongueirateSho