Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best 80's rock band: Week 5 (1st Semi-Final)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have now advanced into the Semifinals of the Best 80's Rock Bands. Advancing in this weeks match-up will be Cheap Trick who beat out Loverboy, and Aerosmith who topped Led Zeppelin. You decides who the best is for this match-up:

Cheap Trick: Cheap Trick created a substantial fan base through its own brand of power pop music with a hard-edged almost-metal yet melodic pop sound that combines the tunefulness of The Beatles with the speed and energy of punk rock

"I Want You To Want Me"
"Ain't That A Shame"
"Southern Girls"
"Surrender"
"Stop This Game"
"Dream Police"
"If You Want My Love"
"Tonight It's You"
"Everything Works If You Let It"
"Mandocello"
"I Can't Take It"
"She's Tight"
"That '70s Song (In the Street)"
"Walk Away" (w/Chrissie Hynde)
"Can't Stop Falling Into Love"
"The Flame"

Aerosmith: is an American hard rock band, sometimes referred to as "The Bad Boys from Boston" and "America's Greatest Rock and Roll Band". Their style, rooted in blues-based hard rock, has come to also incorporate elements of pop, heavy metal, glam, and rhythm and blues, which has inspired many subsequent rock artists.

1975: "Sweet Emotion", #36
1976: "Dream On", #6
1976: "Last Child", #21
1977: "Walk This Way", #10
1977: "Back in the Saddle", #38
1978: "Come Together", #23
1987: "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)", #14
1988: "Angel", #3
1988: "Rag Doll", #17
1989: "Love in an Elevator", #5
1990: "Janie's Got a Gun", #4
1990: "What it Takes", #9
1990: "The Other Side", #22
1993: "Livin' on the Edge", #18
1993: "Cryin'", #12
1994: "Amazing", #24
1994: "Crazy", #17
1997: "Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)", #35
1998: "Pink", #27
1998: "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing", #1
2001: "Jaded
I like both but A-Smith has so many good songs that my vote is for them.
Aerosmith!
Aerosmith!
Aerosmith.
Tell me what it takes tell let them win! Big Grin
Gotta go with Aerosmith
no contest.
Aerosmith in a big way
I have to agree, Aerosmith is the better band but both bands had most of their hits in the 70's.
I love the Aerosmith songs from the 70's, but when it comes to the 80's, I'll take Cheap Trick.
Aerosmith is dominating at this stage
GB1 Wrote:I love the Aerosmith songs from the 70's, but when it comes to the 80's, I'll take Cheap Trick.

What I like about Aerosmith is that they have weathered the test of time, but this is a question about who was the best 80's band. So, you make a valid comment.
Still going to have to go with Aerosmith.
Aerosmith
ttt
Aerosmith advances to the championship and will face off against this weeks challenge between KISS & Journey.