Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 55 Shelby Valley 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought?
Very good game.. The 3 point line was good to Letcher Co. Central Brittany Sexton had 5 threes, Kelah Eldridge had 3 threes, and Haley Whitaker hit 2 threes...Shelby Valley did a good job on the boards not to many second chance points were givn up..
Good job Lady Cougars!
Stats anyone???
Congrats Cougars
Shelby Valley could be one of the biggest disappointments in the region. With the addition of the Swindle girl they should be the best in the region. They do not play hard at all. Most of the girls look like they don't even want to be playing basketball. What is going on over there? They use to play hard every night last year.
Letcher Co. Central 15 17 10 13 55

Shelby Valley 13 11 9 11 44

Letcher Co. Central -- Kincer 7, Bays 3, Sexton 23, Whittaker 8, Meade 4, Eldridge 9, Baker 1.
Shelby Valley -- Perkins 13, Swindall 7, Sawyers 4, Coleman 11, Cantrell 5, Tackett 4.
Thanks for the stats stardust!!
bflc15 Wrote:Thanks for the stats stardust!!

No problem
Shelby Valley is really batteling some injuries right now. When they get everything lined out I think they will be okay.
"
Shelby Valley could be one of the biggest disappointments in the region. With the addition of the Swindle girl they should be the best in the region. They do not play hard at all. Most of the girls look like they don't even want to be playing basketball. What is going on over there? They use to play hard every night last year."

I could not agree more, they seem like there heart just isn't in the game. I didn't get to see this game, but I watched them play phelps in the all a and it was just saddening to see them not care. I know most of these girls and I know their love for the game...shoot I played with half of them...and whatever was there when I played, well it's not there now. They need to find what's missing and put the pieces back together if they expect to make a run for the title.
LadyKatFan Wrote:"
Shelby Valley could be one of the biggest disappointments in the region. With the addition of the Swindle girl they should be the best in the region. They do not play hard at all. Most of the girls look like they don't even want to be playing basketball. What is going on over there? They use to play hard every night last year."

I could not agree more, they seem like there heart just isn't in the game. I didn't get to see this game, but I watched them play phelps in the all a and it was just saddening to see them not care. I know most of these girls and I know their love for the game...shoot I played with half of them...and whatever was there when I played, well it's not there now. They need to find what's missing and put the pieces back together if they expect to make a run for the title.
If thats the case and you played with most of them,then maybe it would be a good idea to go and talk with them and encourage them to do better or as you say care more.I don't know if your reffering to all the girls or not but i see plenty of desire and heart in some of them,help me understand if as a player you don't care anymore why go thru the practices and the traveling,if ya didn't care as you say why not just stay home.Help me understand that.

As for the game last night,to many missed shots in the paint.Valley was within 4 pts with 2 mins left but thats as close as it got and once they had to start fouling LCC hit their fouls shot and went on to win.
Congrats LCC on a good win
I think there is 2 or 3 players,that play with heart,not saying others don't play hard,I mean with actual love for the game,and that's Perkins,Cantrell,and Coleman,when all three are healthy.Others play hard,but doesn't love it,and they care about other things?? Why be out there if u hate it?
there are other girls on the bench who play harder than some starters, they should get chance to play
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:there are other girls on the bench who play harder than some starters, they should get chance to play

Such as?
Awesome win LCC. Did anyone dunk??? LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Hilbily Wrote:Awesome win LCC. Did anyone dunk??? LMAO!!!!!!!!!

??? Is this supposed to be funny?
i have to agree with faith, it seemed like our team was much better before swindell although she is a supposed "good" player. our team seems to have taken on her laid back attitude. i noticed that she did not hustle at east ridge last year and she brought that characteristic with her to svhs. i further notice that she averaged 20 points per game last year and now our team isn't averaging as many points as a team since she came. now, i'm not putting her down because she should have put us over the top certainly in the all "a" and maybe in the 15th regional tournament, but i am beginning to wonder if she has really helped us at all. megan tackett doesn't get as much playing time and brooke doesn't get as many points, not to mention that laura isn't averaging near the points that she was pre-swindell. i think we have the best coach in the 15th region and i will rely on him to solve this problem. i am simply a fan and a very loyal one who hopes we get this thing back together before svhs is declared to be the biggest disappointment of the year. come on guys, work together.
LuvSV Wrote:i have to agree with faith, it seemed like our team was much better before swindell although she is a supposed "good" player. our team seems to have taken on her laid back attitude. i noticed that she did not hustle at east ridge last year and she brought that characteristic with her to svhs. i further notice that she averaged 20 points per game last year and now our team isn't averaging as many points as a team since she came. now, i'm not putting her down because she should have put us over the top certainly in the all "a" and maybe in the 15th regional tournament, but i am beginning to wonder if she has really helped us at all. megan tackett doesn't get as much playing time and brooke doesn't get as many points, not to mention that laura isn't averaging near the points that she was pre-swindell. i think we have the best coach in the 15th region and i will rely on him to solve this problem. i am simply a fan and a very loyal one who hopes we get this thing back together before svhs is declared to be the biggest disappointment of the year. come on guys, work together.
Sorry but I'm not convinced you're a SV fan, (where's she been all our lives from a previous post), I think everyone knows where she's been. I know this is place to voice opinions but you're a little rough on Brittany.
PC_You_Know Wrote:??? Is this supposed to be funny?

Na he's dead serious...........Sooo did anyone dunk? I was wondering the same thing.
yes, alley cat 53, i also have moments inwhich i lose faith just as "faith" has. this does not mean that i don't love shelby valley, i simply meant that i agree with faith in that there is something missing now. i still believe that swindell is a good player, but i originally felt that she was the cure all for our inside game. i might have lost a little faith in that. "faith" has always been quick to defend sv. apparently, faith can lose a little faith but i can't.