Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 66 - Corbin 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A definite upset. I missed this pick along with many others.

Congrats Cards!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:A definite upset. I missed this pick along with many others.

Congrats Cards!

If this score stands up, it is definitely a shocker, one of the biggest upsets of the season so far. With the weather so bad, I wonder if it was a factor, was everyone able to get to the game to play?
dortonite Wrote:If this score stands up, it is definitely a shocker, one of the biggest upsets of the season so far. With the weather so bad, I wonder if it was a factor, was everyone able to get to the game to play?

I believe so, I'm not sure on that though. If anyone has stats, please post.
Im not shocked at all by this. I pick Corbin to win by 66-60 but I knew SL is capable of playing with Corbin. South Laurel has lost alot of games they should have won but they are no to sleep on in the 13th! Way to go Cards!
Great win for South Laurel!! They seem to always play Corbin tough!! Good luck to both teams the rest of the season!!
Good game Cards.
dortonite Wrote:If this score stands up, it is definitely a shocker, one of the biggest upsets of the season so far. With the weather so bad, I wonder if it was a factor, was everyone able to get to the game to play?

There was no bad weather in the London-Corbin area. We had none of the icy roads most of the rest of the states have had. It got snowy for about 1.5 hours Wednesday. Thats it.
This game was to originally be played on Tuesday at South but was cancelled by South. It was only raining. This really shouldn't be considered a big upset. South and Corbin always play tough against one another. Couple that with Corbin having an off night and South being really on and you get this result. Looks like their strategy to cancel the game because of "weather" gave them an extra day or two to recuperate from the Hoop fest. Wright and Denny leave no stone unturned. This will be good for Corbin in the long run. . . just watch and see.
Good game, congrats SL
Corbin 19 12 14 13 58

South Laurel 19 10 11 26 66

Corbin (17-4) -- Wilson 2, L. Crawford 3, Johnson 10, Smith 13, J. Crawford 22, Hendrickson 2, Mann 6.
South Laurel (15-6) -- Dean 7, Watkins 5, Gilbert 16, Smith 17, St. John 17, Huff 4.
I honestly didn't think that Corbin would lose another game within the 13th again this season.

Congrats Cardinals!
What was the big difference in the 4th quarter that made the difference? Looked like Corbin had it under control bya few points all night then got drilled in the 4th by 13 points. Kinda a big turn around, must of done something different!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:What was the big difference in the 4th quarter that made the difference? Looked like Corbin had it under control bya few points all night then got drilled in the 4th by 13 points. Kinda a big turn around, must of done something different!

Coach subbed in and it didn't make sense. There was no one in foul trouble and it was a wierd combination of players on the floor. There was an immediate foul on the Corbin sub and then the same one shot a poor shot and turned over the ball . . . it was down hill from there. Go figure.
Congrats Cards!
Congrats SC