Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How has the winter storm of 2009 affected you.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well for me it started out as just the power going out at 11 pm on tuesday.. and as I was making sure my Mom and sister were going to be ok for the night and went to put my sisters cell phone on charge in her car. This is were it gets fun... Not!!!! I was leaned onto my sisters car plugging her phone in when I here my cousin yell at me to watch out so of course I raise up out of the car to see what was going on and at first didnt see anything but I could here a tree crackling and then I catch it out of the corner of my eye and see it fall across some power lines, and then I for some reason just look up and I see the top of the Electric pole coming at me... well this had the transformer still on it... It landed just inches from the car I was just leaned into.... Well it also landed were my cousin was standing just seconds prior to him yelling at me to look out... Well the power finally come back on late last night but needless to say they havent even been out to look at ours and we have this large transformer laying at the foot of my moms handicap ramp..... While I was out taking a generator to a family that was with out power last night and on home O2 I smacked a large branch with my truck and ripped off my pass side mirror. It has been a long couple of days..... Sorry I went on about nothing but just needed to get it off my chest...So How has it affected you.
Here are some pic from what happened that night.

[Image: randallsdamage.jpg]

This is the first tree that fell

[Image: randalls4.jpg]

Ok this is how close thr transformer was to me when it fell i was stand at the driver side door of the car

[Image: randallsdamage2.jpg]
just another look at the transformer

[Image: randalls3.jpg]
Yes my dog Belle was in the dog house when the tree fell
Wow, that is incredible. I hope you all are OK
No eletric but not this bad.
Only thing is no Chinese or pizza places will deliver so I'm hungry :bounce:

We can't leave and nobody can come over which means I'm bored, but the worst part is that I give my presentation through this organization to schools and places, and they wanted me to have someone drive me all the way up to Drake hospital in Cinci to train people to be public speakers because, well, let's face it, I'm the biggest thing since sliced bread
:kneel:

:thatsfunn Actually, I'm not sure why they chose me, but it can't be bad that they chose me over every other speaker in the program (I say "speaker," but mine's on PowerPoint because I can't talk much, and then I answer questions with a small brick size computer that speaks).
We got a little ice the first morning, then mostly just rained....

We haven't worked since the storm came though...
Well, school was closed for two days and we got out early the day after those!
Well this is the 3rd night sleeping at the Fire Department, well should I say trying to sleep... Been sleeping in a chair..... And yet all AEP can tell me as to when the power at my residence will be back on is hopefully by Wed.... Gee this is getting old fast.
Fortunately, the only affect it's had on me is having to maneuver in the icy neighborhood. Still have our power and everything as of now (knock on wood).
I'm still stranded at home. My poor car has no chance to get out of our half mile driveway.