Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why are three refs used during some games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Three refs should really improve the accuracy of the calls, but that is not always the case. It seems no ref want to over rule the other, but the players deserve the correct calls, dont they?
yes the players do deserve it, really would be nice to see the players decide a game, they are bad for boys and girls.
Each Wing side and Baseline.
It is up to the host school to do it. They can have 2 or 3. Having 2 of course is cheaper.

But with some officals you could have 10 on the floor and they would find a way to foul it up.
Typical of tournament play. I beleive that 10th Region uses 3 for every Varsity game, 2 of JV & Frosh.
When watching differant regions ref's i have noticed that 13th region lets players play rougher than 14th and 15th,not saying they are better but there is a big differance in way they call the games ,a player has to know and they have to get use too the way the game is being called and that will let you know how long you can stay in the game.
Csportsman11 Wrote:When watching differant regions ref's i have noticed that 13th region lets players play rougher than 14th and 15th,not saying they are better but there is a big differance in way they call the games ,a player has to know and they have to get use too the way the game is being called and that will let you know how long you can stay in the game.

I've always compared the 10th Region to the Big 10, they let beat the tar out of each other and then call a different game over the last 2:00 of the 4th quarter.
William Muney Wrote:It is up to the host school to do it. They can have 2 or 3. Having 2 of course is cheaper.

But with some officals you could have 10 on the floor and they would find a way to foul it up.

Having 2 refs is NOT cheaper than having 3 --- it costs the same. If you just have 2 refs: you have to pay them more which equals out to be the same amount as if you would have had 3. :Thumbs:
ky wildcats Wrote:Three refs should really improve the accuracy of the calls, but that is not always the case. It seems no ref want to over rule the other, but the players deserve the correct calls, dont they?

i think that u are absolutely correct..TongueirateSho
I think you have to have 3 refs in district games.