Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hardest Throwing Pitchers In The 14th For '09??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's Your Thoughts??
Dakota Ritchie from Breathitt.
Jimmy Joe Morgan-Leslie Co.
Mikie Slone - Knott County Central.
Spartan4Life Wrote:Mikie Slone - Knott County Central.

Seriously? He must have improved tremendously. 70's last year........Freeman is probably the fastest pitcher in the region. N.Adams from LCC is also a hard thrower 80's.
Evan Potter- KCC
CP3 Wrote:Evan Potter- KCC

No.
cbb09 Wrote:No.

The kid clocked at 84 freshmen year.
Russ Dotson cloked in at 85 last weekend
Spartan4Life Wrote:The kid clocked at 84 freshmen year.

Def not true...iv seen Potter throw, maybe 74 is what you meant.
N. Adams from LCC throws 85-86 and he's probably the hardest thrower in the district along with teamate R. Brock
There is no way Potter has ever been clocked at 84.
Smoke 20 Wrote:Def not true...iv seen Potter throw, maybe 74 is what you meant.
N. Adams from LCC throws 85-86 and he's probably the hardest thrower in the district along with teamate R. Brock

ive seen potter throw and he def. throws harder than 74. ive seen Brock throw too and he might throw in the high 70's but he def. doesnt throw as hard as potter
I'm not saying he throws 74 now...but his freshman year the kid didn't clock at 84,
Because there is no way he throws anywhere near N. Adams speed.
he might not have thrown 84 his freshman year but he at least throws that hard or harder now. he did throw at least 80 his freshman year though.
I might can go with that..
Drew Freeman- Estill County
Smoke 20 Wrote:I might can go with that..

finally Big Grin

Potter was clocked at 84 at the morehead showcase this fall.
From what ive seen of potter he must of had a good day at Morehead or something b/c i never seen him reach near those numbers at the games i was at.
I can see Potter in the 80's .........Freshman year? Heck NO! If so that gun was seriously jacked up. Last yr he was probably 76-79 at best. But it wouldn't suprise me to see him throwing maybe 82 or so this year. 85 probably not but low 80's (80-83) yeah I could see that.
How hard does Brock throw? I know around 85, but does anyone no his best? He's IMO the second best pitcher in the region behind Freeman. I think he threw a No Hitter in district last year.
I see Russ Dotson picking up some velocity on his fastball this year as long as he stays healthy and in the wait room. As well as Freeman from Estill. I'm sure if Napier from PCC gets on the mound any he will have some heat as well. I know for a fact he throws low to mid 80's.
What did Dotson throw last year 75 prolly?
evan potter kcc
The Adams kid from LCC and the Goodson kid from PCC both throw mid 80's. Both will be great pitchers for their teams this year.

85-86 year right. At their best 80-81.
Educated Fan Wrote:Seriously? He must have improved tremendously. 70's last year........Freeman is probably the fastest pitcher in the region. N.Adams from LCC is also a hard thrower 80's.

Agreed. When Freeman is healthy he throws upper 80s. And that number is for real, if you don't believe it check his ERA from last year as a testament.......it was in the 1.0 range I'm sure
I gotta be honest...some of you guys are wearing me out!!! Does anyone know what mid 80's looks like or sounds like? Also, there is a MAJOR difference between throwing 82-85 and throwing 82-85 for a strike!

A healthy Freeman is the only guy in the 14th who throws consistently in the mid 80's. Brandon Napier at PCC 'hit' 81 in practice the other day. He doesn't consistently throw 81 because he touched it once!

All this talk about this kid and that kid hitting mid 80's....C'MON! :lmao:

Here's your top three hard throwers in the mountains:
1. Chandler Shepherd - Lawrence Co. 86-89
2. Drew Freeman - Estill Co. (when healthy) 85-88
3. Spencer Greer - Bell Co. 84-87

In last year's 14th region tournament, Freeman was the only pitcher to top above 82 miles per hour "for a strike". In the 5th inning against PCC Freeman was 75-78. In the 6th inning, Freeman started get loose hitting 79-82. In the 7th inning he mowed PCC down blowing 84-86.

Dakota Ritchie from Breathitt County hit 81 against Hazard. Napier from PCC hit 82 but it was hitting the backstop. Goodson topped out at 79 against Estill County. Potter was 75-77 against Estill County in round one. Joey Meehan (now at LCA) hit 78-80 against Estill County early in the game. End of discussion! :HitWall: If we are to talk about the kids let's not exaggerate the numbers.
[quote=Brian Milam]I gotta be honest...some of you guys are wearing me out!!! Does anyone know what mid 80's looks like or sounds like? Also, there is a MAJOR difference between throwing 82-85 and throwing 82-85 for a strike!

A healthy Freeman is the only guy in the 14th who throws consistently in the mid 80's. Brandon Napier at PCC 'hit' 81 in practice the other day. He doesn't consistently throw 81 because he touched it once!

In last year's 14th region tournament, Freeman was the only pitcher to top above 82 miles per hour "for a strike". In the 5th inning against PCC Freeman was 75-78. In the 6th inning, Freeman started get loose hitting 79-82. In the 7th inning he mowed PCC down blowing 84-86.

Dakota Ritchie from Breathitt County hit 81 against Hazard. Napier from PCC hit 82 but it was hitting the backstop. Goodson topped out at 79 against Estill County. Potter was 75-77 against Estill County in round one. Joey Meehan (now at LCA) hit 78-80 against Estill County early in the game. End of discussion! :HitWall: If we are to talk about the kids let's not exaggerate the numbers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Brian.
Heck, they've even got Shephard up to 94 now by one account.
Brian Milam Wrote:I gotta be honest...some of you guys are wearing me out!!! Does anyone know what mid 80's looks like or sounds like? Also, there is a MAJOR difference between throwing 82-85 and throwing 82-85 for a strike!

Dakota Ritchie from Breathitt County hit 81 against Hazard. Napier from PCC hit 82 but it was hitting the backstop. Goodson topped out at 79 against Estill County. Potter was 75-77 against Estill County in round one. Joey Meehan (now at LCA) hit 78-80 against Estill County early in the game. End of discussion! :HitWall: If we are to talk about the kids let's not exaggerate the numbers.

With Adams and Brock there is an exaggeration on the whole 85-86mph fastball, but they are two great pitchers thrown in the low 80's.......As for Potter from KCC, i dont see this kid even hitting 80, so why beef him up as a Drew Freeman type pitcher?
Smoke 20 Wrote:With Adams and Brock there is an exaggeration on the whole 85-86mph fastball, but they are two great pitchers thrown in the low 80's.......As for Potter from KCC, i dont see this kid even hitting 80, so why beef him up as a Drew Freeman type pitcher?

I spoke with a coach last night about Adams and he said he can throw it, but he needs to find some control. In round one of the 14th region against PCC, Brock (LCC) hit 76-78. Brock has also picked up some weight and strength from football so we will see if that helps his fastball.
Pages: 1 2