Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where are they now(Former great high school players)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This could be a fun topic and a good way to see where those great players are from yesterday, so to speak.

Where is Michael West former great runnngback from Lawrence County?
Mike West went to Marshall and later transferred to Campbellsville University. I'm unsure where he's at today.
IRISH4 Wrote:Mike West went to Marshall and later transferred to Campbellsville University. I'm unsure where he's at today.
I found that same info out a while ago when doing a search.

He was fun to watch play.
What happen to durrel Olinger from hazard?
Spartan4Life Wrote:What happen to durrel Olinger from hazard?

He got a scholarship to Kentucky state. He ended up not playing and is back in Hazard. He did have a tryout with the Horseman. They ended up calling him and Shane Boyd back for a second try out. Not heard anything since then.
OOOH this could be good...........
I know that I am home rehabbing a shoulder injury,, not from sports but from trying to get my big ole self off the comode!!!!!

LOL, just kidding... Rehabbing a shoulder from work....... But hey I am almost 43 now so thats where I am at !!!!!!. Oh and on this wonderful site that is great !!!!
Spartan4Life Wrote:What happen to durrel Olinger from hazard?

What years did he play at Hazard?
Where is former Belfry great,Doug Howard.

He was so fun to watch play.
I think Doug Howard is running POWERHOUSE GYM in Huntington. I think he is competiting in Powerlifting.
IRISH4 Wrote:What years did he play at Hazard?

2002-2005 seasons.
Durrell was good. He was a dangerous downfield passing quarterback, with speed too. The best game I ever saw him play was against P-Burg in I think 04. He took the game over.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I know that I am home rehabbing a shoulder injury,, not from sports but from trying to get my big ole self off the comode!!!!!

LOL, just kidding... Rehabbing a shoulder from work....... But hey I am almost 43 now so thats where I am at !!!!!!. Oh and on this wonderful site that is great !!!!

Well if we just knew who you were lol.
Ben Grisby-He started out at Pike Central and then transferred to Green Up County where he later had to stop playing when the K.H.S.A.A. overturned his transfer.
How many still remember "The stiff arm" from Doug?
PC_You_Know Wrote:How many still remember "The stiff arm" from Doug?

The one that looked like he broke the guys neck. The game was at Pikeville wasn't it?
Actually, Dougie had about 50 "OMG he just broke that kid's neck" moments his senior year Tongue Luckily none of them have any permanent damage that I'm aware, but he was definitely a caliber above most everyone else. His height is the only reason we're not going to watch him on Sundays.
A few greats i can think of:
Jeremy Caudill from Prestonsburg is in grad school i believe. He played four years at UK then played in Europe and for the Horsemen.

Joey Stepp from Sheldon Clark is doing some financial consultant work i believe around Huntington. He is also sponsored by red bull as a competitive bar tender.
Matman Wrote:A few greats i can think of:
Jeremy Caudill from Prestonsburg is in grad school i believe. He played four years at UK then played in Europe and for the Horsemen.

Joey Stepp from Sheldon Clark is doing some financial consultant work i believe around Huntington. He is also sponsored by red bull as a competitive bar tender.

LoL! At the bolded section...:lmao:
IDK why doug howard never got into a big time D1 school. He was better than david jones in my opinon
PC_You_Know Wrote:How many still remember "The stiff arm" from Doug?

Has to be the stiff arm at the state championship when he just threw the guy down. That was awesome!
Former Shelby Valley running back Joe Wyatt is now a Drill Instructor in the USMC and getting ready to be a daddy.
Former Breathitt Co and a member of 2002 2-A state champion team Qb Justin Haddix went to Western Kentucky University and started Qb as a true freshman and started/played every game while there for 4 yrs he missed only about 6 snaps during his career at WKU and graduated and is now a PE teacher at Breathitt Co.schools. He is on coaching staff at Breathitt Co. Football and also coaching staff of basketball there too.He is helping coach his younger brother Jade who will be a senior at Breathitt Co.next year and he also is the starting Qb and Db on the football team and plays guard on basketball team.