Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Older poster what advice would you give to younger posters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fire away the advice
Get a life ?Wink

J/k
Post your password so everyone can see it...lol

j/k
Aight. My password is ********.
Now go try and figure it out! Big Grin
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Fire away the advice

Look for a job since you were laid off?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Look for a job since you were laid off?

:thatsfunnBig Grin
: :Thumbs: :lmao: :Thumbs: :letsparty
TATE_64 Wrote::thatsfunnBig Grin
don't be afraid to post.. If what you say is stupid someone will point it out. If what you say makes sense then thank you..
Dont post lies.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Look for a job since you were laid off?
Thanks but being I have put out a resume a day I don't need this advice. What I could use is a better a way of finding a job.(lol)
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Thanks but being I have put out a resume a day I don't need this advice. What I could use is a better a way of finding a job.(lol)

Well how did you get your other job. However you did that, don't repeat cause you see where it got you.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well how did you get your other job. However you did that, don't repeat cause you see where it got you.
The company I was working for recruited me when one of there guys saw me out in the field working.
I'm a young poster on this board, and I ain't skeered. Big Grin
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Thanks but being I have put out a resume a day I don't need this advice. What I could use is a better a way of finding a job.(lol)

When someone sends me a resume, it goes right in file #13. If someone really wants a job, my advice is to show up, look me in the eye, give me a good arguement me you truley want to work, and we'll talk.

Guys who go about things the way you say you do, dont impress me whatsoever.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:When someone sends me a resume, it goes right in file #13. If someone really wants a job, my advice is to show up, look me in the eye, tell me you really want to work, and we'll talk.

Guys who go about things the way you say you do, dont impress me whatsoever when it comes to showing me they really want to work.

This may be a stupid question but what is file #13? lol...
Jshort5 Wrote:This may be a stupid question but what is file #13? lol...

Jshort5 Wrote:This may be a stupid question but what is file #13? lol...

Commonly referred to as the trash can. lol
Mr.Kimball Wrote:...

That's what I was thinking but I thought I'd ask anyways...
Mr.Kimball Wrote:When someone sends me a resume, it goes right in file #13. If someone really wants a job, my advice is to show up, look me in the eye, give me a good arguement me you truley want to work, and we'll talk.

Guys who go about things the way you say you do, dont impress me whatsoever.
Funny thing I have contacted alll of the places I have resumes in and they all(but one)suggested I send them the resume over coming in. Guys like you who come on here speaking their mind I do respect but think you should know the story before acting like you do, that I can't respect.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Funny thing I have contacted alll of the places I have resumes in and they all(but one)suggested I send them the resume over coming in. Guys like you who come on here speaking their mind I do respect but think you should know the story before acting like you do, that I can't respect.
Well, it's kind of like this. You started this thread and then asked for advice. Then when someones gets honest with it, you get offended.

I'm not as oblivious to your situation as you may think. Lets see, you were terminated by WalMart, then you went to work for Velvet Ice Cream Co., then were let go by Schwanns. According to your posts, all three of these companies all gave you the shaft in one form or another. Am I right so far? What I do know is that all of the above mentioned companies are all very repuatable, and I can assure you dont shaft hard working, conscientious employees, quite frankly, because they are just too hard to find. There just appears to be a reoccuring theme here. You just seem to have a history of really working the sympathy avenue when you are unemployed. American companies are starving to death to aquire people who are willing to put in an honest days work for an honest days pay. The trouble is , so many perspective employees that I interview think that they are supposed to bypass the starting phase and start at the executive phase. If they cant get that, then they dont want no part of no JOB. It's too easy to just sit on the computer all day and get one of those government checks. I'll be brutally honest with you on something else, there is absolutely no excuse for any able bodied person in this country to not be able to get a job, if they really and truely want to work. That's all a bunch of bull. Work is work is work. There is nothing glamorous about any of it.

Sorry to be so blunt.
Take it to the PM fellas.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Well, it's kind of like this. You started this thread and then asked for advice. Then when someones gets honest with it, you get offended.

I'm not as oblivious to your situation as you may think. Lets see, you were terminated by WalMart, then you went to work for Velvet Ice Cream Co., then were let go by Schwanns. According to your posts, all three of these companies all gave you the shaft in one form or another. Am I right so far? What I do know is that all of the above mentioned companies are all very repuatable, and I can assure you dont shaft hard working, conscientious employees, quite frankly, because they are just too hard to find. There just appears to be a reoccuring theme here. You just seem to have a history of really working the sympathy avenue when you are unemployed. American companies are starving to death to aquire people who are willing to put in an honest days work for an honest days pay. The trouble is , so many perspective employees that I interview think that they are supposed to bypass the starting phase and start at the executive phase. If they cant get that, then they dont want no part of no JOB. It's too easy to just sit on the computer all day and get one of those government checks. I'll be brutally honest with you on something else, there is absolutely no excuse for any able bodied person in this country to not be able to get a job, if they really and truely want to work. That's all a bunch of bull. Work is work is work. There is nothing glamorous about any of it.

Sorry to be so blunt.
Laid off twice no shaft there.The nation is in bad shape and this has happened to a lot of other workers.

I have put resumes out with the pay starting at min. wage

I have just started getting a Unemployment check.

The bunch of bull crap tell that to the 100,000's of people who are laid off and looking.
If you live in an area where it is possible, start at one store in a mall or shopping center and work your way to the other. Ask to speak to the manager to turn in your application, sometimes they will grant you an interview time to come back on the spot.

As far as BGR advice, make well mannered, opinionated, informative posts. We like those, haha.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Laid off twice no shaft there.The nation is in bad shape and this has happened to a lot of other workers.

I have put resumes out with the pay starting at min. wage

I have just started getting a Unemployment check.

The bunch of bull crap tell that to the 100,000's of people who are laid off and looking.

Yeah,Whatever.Rolleyes
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah,Whatever.Rolleyes

Lol, I feel the same way as you, I hear this bullcrap all the time from friends.