Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Players in the 14th region from the 90's on??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who are the best players in the 14th region who played in the 90's until now? I know there were some good ones.
Well i guess obviously you have the Little's and the Wells kid from Perry.
tim couch-leslie county
my bad did not relize this was about baseball sorry
Patrick Wooton - Buckhorn- Morehead
Mark Dixon - M.C. Napier - Ole Miss
Brian Campbell - Hazard
Brian Sumner - Knott Co.
John Rice - M.C. Napier
Steve Dixon - M.C. Napier
Cavanaugh Trent - Dilce Combs
Kevin Campbell - Dilce Combs
brian campbell-hazard
Aaron Creech and Scottie Spencer Wolfe County
slugger35 Wrote:Aaron Creech and Scottie Spencer Wolfe County

Yea right Jim. We are talking about the best in the region. Aaron was a good player, but wouldn't rank in the top 100 in the 90's. The Little's and Well's were great pitchers, but I don't remember how they were otherwise. Most of the player that should be listed will be from the Perry County Area.
sports guy Wrote:Patrick Wooton - Buckhorn- Morehead
Mark Dixon - M.C. Napier - Ole Miss
Brian Campbell - Hazard
Brian Sumner - Knott Co.
John Rice - M.C. Napier
Steve Dixon - M.C. Napier
Cavanaugh Trent - Dilce Combs
Kevin Campbell - Dilce Combs

Good list. I would add the Freemon kid from defending 14th region champs Estill County. He is a UK signee.
JustTrying Wrote:Yea right Jim. We are talking about the best in the region. Aaron was a good player, but wouldn't rank in the top 100 in the 90's. The Little's and Well's were great pitchers, but I don't remember how they were otherwise. Most of the player that should be listed will be from the Perry County Area.

I don't know who Jim is, but I umpired some of the wolves games back then and these 2 boys could really hit and the big creech boy was a great centerfielder with a very strong arm.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Good list. I would add the Freemon kid from defending 14th region champs Estill County. He is a UK signee.

Freeman signed on to play at UK?
Jshort5 Wrote:Freeman signed on to play at UK?

That's what I was told. I know for sure he committed to UK his junior year. Whether he has signed on the dotted line yet or not,, I'm not sure.
Lavon Creech - Cordia
Jamie Couch- KCC - Alice Loydd.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:That's what I was told. I know for sure he committed to UK his junior year. Whether he has signed on the dotted line yet or not,, I'm not sure.

He's not going to UK, can't get in (grades). More likely to go the JUCO route........ IMO he's gotta shot to play some minor league ball.
I'm a friend of his. Happen to know he has good grades. That's not the reason. He had several D1 offers, but decided to go to Wabash in Illinois. He went up the place and really liked it. His goal is to play at the next level, and Wabash seems like a good place to help him get there.
Jon Deaton from Buckhorn. Played at Alice Lloyd.
Some of the people not mentioned yet:

Billy Sumner PCC
Buzz Couch KCC
Jarvis Williams KCC
Caleb Brock Whitesburg
a catcher from Cordia in the mid to late 90's, the name has escaped me
[quote=BlackKnight8]Some of the people not mentioned yet:

Billy Sumner PCC
Buzz Couch KCC
Jarvis Williams KCC
Caleb Brock Whitesburg
a catcher from Cordia in the mid to late 90's, the name has escaped me[/quote]

Jimmy Keith was his name, graduated from Cordia in '97. A couple of others that have yet to be mentioned:
Todd Jacobs KCC '90 - Morehead
Devon Ratliff KCC '90 - Morehead
Keith Stewart Powell '91 - played some minor league baseball
Roger Little PCC '97 - minor leagues
Rodney Little PCC '97 - minor leagues
Roy Wells PCC '97 - minor leagues
David Short F-Neon '97 - Pikeville
Tommy Hutton F-Neon '98 - Pikeville
Clay Salyers Hazard '01 - UVA-Wise
rawlingsfan Wrote:[quote=BlackKnight8]Some of the people not mentioned yet:

Billy Sumner PCC
Buzz Couch KCC
Jarvis Williams KCC
Caleb Brock Whitesburg

Jimmy Keith was his name, graduated from Cordia in '97. A couple of others that have yet to be mentioned:

Thanks, it was driving me crazy not remembering the name............good additions as well.
i didnt play in 90's but the ones i always heard about in the early 00's was

Jason Couch, Brian Minx, Tim Neace, Twayne Willis - PCC

Derek Whitaker, Brandon Hammons,and Josh Todd - lee co. (all signed with d1 schools) i think todd and whitaker both ended up at alc and hammons at morehead.

Clay Salyers and the center fielder from Hazard.. cant remember his name.
Educated Fan Wrote:He's not going to UK, can't get in (grades). More likely to go the JUCO route........ IMO he's gotta shot to play some minor league ball.

First off, how in the world would you know he can't get into UK? He has a 3.0+ GPA. Are you going to tell me that kind of GPA won't get him in? He is going to Wabash, a junior college school in Illinois. They have sent over 20 players to the professionals and he'll have as good a chance as any to add to that number. In addition, Wabash is a great enviroment for him to go into, get good instruction, and start playing right from the start. If he does this, he should have D1 options down the road if he chooses.
Jamie Couch - Kcc
kyle amburgey kcc. i played with kyle he had a great arm an a very good bat.
Not really familiar with too many players from the 90's, but from what I have heard, Kyle Moore from Breathitt was a pretty good ball player
rawlingsfan Wrote:[quote=BlackKnight8]Some of the people not mentioned yet:

Billy Sumner PCC
Buzz Couch KCC
Jarvis Williams KCC
Caleb Brock Whitesburg

What many people don't know about Jimmy Keith is he actually made the cut to the Cincinnati Reds. But I heard he got caught with drugs(just what I heard)and they kicked him out. Is there any truth to this.
jon kirby-estill, holds or held the state career strikeout record when he graduated, played 2a ball out in seattle.
USED2COULD Wrote:jon kirby-estill, holds or held the state career strikeout record when he graduated, played 2a ball out in seattle.

Jon Kirby was such a competitor, whether on the mound or at third base. When he played for Estill County they were in the 10th region.
Jon Kirby Estill. Records are made to be broken
rawlingsfan Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight8 View Post
Some of the people not mentioned yet:

Billy Sumner PCC
Buzz Couch KCC
Jarvis Williams KCC
Caleb Brock Whitesburg
a catcher from Cordia in the mid to late 90's, the name has escaped me

What many people don't know about Jimmy Keith is he actually made the cut to the Cincinnati Reds. But I heard he got caught with drugs(just what I heard)and they kicked him out. Is there any truth to this.

The TRUTH is, YES Jimmy DID make the cut for the Reds, BUT he did not get kicked off the team for drugs or any other reason......he found out his girlfriend at the time was pregnant and came home because of that.....he should have stayed and made a life for himself so he could properly support his family....but as a young man....he thought he chose the right decision.......he has lived with regrets ever since........
dakota ritchie is the best right now
Pages: 1 2