Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Did YOU give up peanut butter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
with the salmonella in it scare?

I've ate 3 Reese's Cups and 3 packs of peanut butter crackers since then. I watched a friend of mine eat a big peanut butter sandwich.

I didn't even look at the list of possible brands to watch out for but I'm really not scared.

It's probably one of those "It'll never happen to me" things..until it happens to me :p
Not yet but that's because I have a jar put back bfore all of this occured.
I fed all my peanut butter to my dog.
I can't give up the best thing ever!
I don't like PB, so i have nothing to worry about.
Big Grin
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I fed all my peanut butter to my dog.

HAHHAAA.
that's hilarious!
Reese's Cups are far too good to give up. I couldn't think of a happier way to die..
thetribe Wrote:Reese's Cups are far too good to give up. I couldn't think of a happier way to die..

Amen to that.:p
I couldnt give it up....not at all.
Never give up. Never surrender. Especially when it comes to peanut butter.
I have to have my PB&J every evening before bed.
I'm allergic to Peanut Butter so it didn't bother me at all
No, everyone in our household eats PB. We go through the large jar of Jiff every 2 weeks
Just saw on the news that the salmonella poisoning came from one plant in Georgia. The Plant's name was Peanut Corporation of America. They tested positive once, then negitive, and still released it knowing that they peanut butter was dangerous!
I bought 10 jars last weekend. I eat about a jar every two days. I probably eat more Peanut Butter than anyone. As a matter of fact, I just finished off a nice grape Alabama Jam and Peanut Butter sandwich. I eat the natural through, and I haven't got sick.
torQQue Wrote:I bought 10 jars last weekend. I eat about a jar every two days. I probably eat more Peanut Butter than anyone. As a matter of fact, I just finished off a nice grape Alabama Jam and Peanut Butter sandwich. I eat the natural through, and I haven't got sick.

You know we bought some "natural" peanut butter at the end of the summer somewhere?? and the hubby loved it. He said you wouldn't believe the difference in the taste!! On the other hand, I haven't bought my weekly 4 to 6 packs of reese cups for the youngins (I usually have around 3 or more extra kids with me at all times) which they take care of with ease. They have moved on to other things for the time being....

For the first 3 months of school my child ate PB sandwiches out the butt because they wanted him to eat more protein... He needs to gain weight!!