Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Winter Storm Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just in-case you haven't noticed we are under a winter storm warning from tonight till Wednesday morning.

... WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY...
THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY.
SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND 6 AM TUESDAY MORNING. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO FALL HEAVILY AT TIMES THROUGH THE MORNING COMMUTE WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR POSSIBLE AT TIMES. BETWEEN 2 AND 4 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED TUESDAY MORNING. THE SNOW IS THEN EXPECTED TO CHANGE OVER TO FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET BY NOON AND THEN MIX WITH RAIN AT TIMES TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING AS TEMPERATURES RISE TO OR SLIGHTLY ABOVE FREEZING FOR MOST AREAS. THE PRECIPITATION WILL THEN LIKELY TRANSITION BACK TO FREEZING RAIN... SLEET AND SNOW BY DAWN ON WEDNESDAY WITH ADDITIONAL LIGHT SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS LIKELY.
AT THIS TIME... IT APPEARS TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WILL RANGE FROM 2 TO 6 INCHES FROM MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING... WITH SOME ADDITIONAL LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE INTO THE DAY ON WEDNESDAY. ONE HALF TO THREE QUARTERS OF AN INCH OF ICE FROM FREEZING RAIN IS ALSO EXPECTED. DOWNED POWER LINES... TREES... OR TREE LIMBS... COULD RESULT FROM THE WEIGHT OF THE ICE. RESIDENTS SHOULD PREPARE FOR POSSIBLE EXTENDED POWER OUTAGES. TRAVEL COULD ALSO BE EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.
THE EXACT AMOUNT AND TYPE OF PRECIPITATION WILL BE AFFECTED BY THE TRACK OF THIS STORM. IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THERE CONTINUES TO BE A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF UNCERTAINTY AS TO THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS WEATHER SYSTEM... SO BE SURE TO LISTEN FOR LATER UPDATES.
A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.
Even though Pike County is listed in the areas under the watch, it doesn't look like we are going to get too much of nothing but rain......
phs1986 Wrote:Even though Pike County is listed in the areas under the watch, it doesn't look like we are going to get too much of nothing but rain......

It's supposed to be around 27 degrees tonight. Pike County should get some snow.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:It's supposed to be around 27 degrees tonight. Pike County should get some snow.

Yeah, well tell that to the weather forecasters.... LOL..... I wish for once we would get a GOOD snow.... I mean 8 inches or more!!! I would love to see a nice white few days.... I mean.... either we get a good one or nothin!!! HAHAHAHA.....
The White Apoclypse is coming!
phs1986 Wrote:Yeah, well tell that to the weather forecasters.... LOL..... I wish for once we would get a GOOD snow.... I mean 8 inches or more!!! I would love to see a nice white few days.... I mean.... either we get a good one or nothin!!! HAHAHAHA.....

Amen to that! I miss the snows of the 90's when I was little.
The guy on the CNN Weather said he expected all of Kentucky to get around 2 inches of ice along with whatever snow we got.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Amen to that! I miss the snows of the 90's when I was little.

That's fine, I hope is snows 3 feet in EKY, keep NKY Snow Free! You can have ours!
Stardust Wrote:That's fine, I hope is snows 3 feet in EKY, keep NKY Snow Free! You can have ours!

I'll take it!:p
you all think pike county will have no school..
I know that most of my teachers said that they think it's just going to rain. My Aunt who lives in Portsmouth, OH which is about 30-45 minutes past Ahland, if that, said that they're getting hit HARD!!! Lucky. LoL!
phelpsboy81 Wrote:you all think pike county will have no school..
Was that a serious question?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Was that a serious question?
Yeah i need to know..
phelpsboy81 Wrote:you all think pike county will have no school..

I highly doubt it. Tomorrow or Wed.
IF we get rain.... you bet your tail we will be in school young man... LOL.... IF we get ice... they will probably call it off AFTER everyone either gets on the bus or on the road to get there.... (sarcasm)
I believe a lot of games were cancelled tonight
Knott County hasn't had school since the 16th.
HAHA yeah they wait to call it off after kids are out waiting for the bus or after you jump outta the shower!

I love my WSAZ texts i get though!
They keep me updated all morning. lol.
They're calling for 3-5 inches in Lexington/Richmond area.

I hope we get a foot!
Wheres all this frickin weather at? I want my snow NOW!!!
Well, I also don't wanna be in school until June 13th...
Jshort5 Wrote:Wheres all this frickin weather at? I want my snow NOW!!!
Well, I also don't wanna be in school until June 13th...

Well, depending on where you're at......

Central KY isn't supposed to see anything until around 11 PM or midnight, so I'd say Eastern KY will be later...say around 3 AM, maybe later.
The way I look at it, being a senior, is i've had to stay until June the past couple of years, why not my last? I mean we get out the last two weeks anyways!

Come on snow! POUR DOWN!
Well, I'll be asleep then. I hope I wake to 6 in. of snow, lol.
I hope we got a foot of snow as well. Is it doing anything in EKY right now?
Not right now. I doubt it doing anything but rain unless we get lucky and it freezes.

If we get anything in EKY, it wont be until the early morning!
I heard 2-3 inches of snow with a quarter inch of ice. IF it rains it WILL freeze. Should be 25 degrees or under.
I really hope so!
All we can do is cross our fingers!
According to weather.com, the Phelps area (EKY) is not expected to get any weather till about 4AM, and its going to be freezing rain/sleet/then to a wintery mix.

Big Grin
I want snow now!