Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley Freshman/JV 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you think they will be this season?
This is a great group of kids, they play hard, they don't have all of the experience in the world, they need practice and games to get this experience.
Everyone needs to quit trying to look at this kids and compare them to the varsity kids that are there now. These kids give you everything that they have and I believe that is we can ask of them
These kids should be fine, especially with all the help coming from Pikeville. Good luck Coach Roberts
If Belcher and Anderson would come back out with good attitudes and work hard to go with Lucas who had a great freshman season they will be very strong. The incoming freshman are very young and they have a lot of hard work a head of them to be ready to compete on the high school level. Saunders does a great job making players so I think in a couple of years he will make some good players out of the freshman class.
robbie,

What help are you referring to that is coming from Pikeville.

And, Coach Roberts, is he helping with Valley next year.
I was at the basketball at Pikeville versus SV and if I heard correctly, Michael Roberts was announced as an assistant at SV next year. I hear that Coach Branham and Hampton have left the sidelines at SV, so that would leave at least one more spot on the staff.
Hondo Wrote:robbie,

What help are you referring to that is coming from Pikeville.

And, Coach Roberts, is he helping with Valley next year.
robbie Wrote:I was at the basketball at Pikeville versus SV and if I heard correctly, Michael Roberts was announced as an assistant at SV next year. I hear that Coach Branham and Hampton have left the sidelines at SV, so that would leave at least one more spot on the staff.

Branham and Hampton "left" or were "forced" out? I'm sure Saunders will run his new assistants off after next season as well. No idea why SV puts up with his garbage!
Fester,

It's best not to talk if you don't know the facts.
I can speak for myself and I was not ran off by Saunders. I chose to leave. Hampton did also.
Uncle Fester Wrote:Branham and Hampton "left" or were "forced" out? I'm sure Saunders will run his new assistants off after next season as well. No idea why SV puts up with his garbage!
If you don't mind sharing, what is going on down at SV then?
coaching is everything
CoachB Wrote:I can speak for myself and I was not ran off by Saunders. I chose to leave. Hampton did also.

Smile Alright Coach Branham, keep telling yourself that. You know the truth, you just don't want to ruffle any feathers.

What's this I hear about Hampton being told to choose between being an assistant for Saunders or being a bus driver? Seems like an unfair ultimatum if you ask me!
Notorious Wrote:If you don't mind sharing, what is going on down at SV then?

It is Saunders way or NO WAY is what goes on at Shelby Valley. He has the administration wrapped around his finger and scared to say anything to him about his teaching methods (or lack thereof) or his coaching!

Don't believe me? That's fine, make a trip to SV and see what is going on for yourself.
I know that Saunders is looking for a lot of help, but I heard that all the assistants left because of Saunders way.
Uncle Fester Wrote:Smile Alright Coach Branham, keep telling yourself that. You know the truth, you just don't want to ruffle any feathers.

What's this I hear about Hampton being told to choose between being an assistant for Saunders or being a bus driver? Seems like an unfair ultimatum if you ask me!

Im not sure what the situation at Valley is, but its to my understanding that when Branham left East Ridge. He told them that he would not coach after the 2008 season. But then again I heard that froma teacher at ER so its hard to tell.
They knew what they were talking about. Must have been a close friend of mine.
Real Badman Wrote:Im not sure what the situation at Valley is, but its to my understanding that when Branham left East Ridge. He told them that he would not coach after the 2008 season. But then again I heard that froma teacher at ER so its hard to tell.
coach branham did resign on paper from east ridge but the truth was he was run off and they made him quit
It is true that some people wanted me to leave ER. But, I would not have been fired if I had wanted to stay. Don't you just love how people KNOW EVERYTHING!!!! Gotta love it.
Uncle Fester Wrote:It is Saunders way or NO WAY is what goes on at Shelby Valley. He has the administration wrapped around his finger and scared to say anything to him about his teaching methods (or lack thereof) or his coaching!

Don't believe me? That's fine, make a trip to SV and see what is going on for yourself.

Thats the way all real good programs is, The coaches way or the high way. But with some schools the parents complain with the baby sitter. Football coaches are suppose to give toughlove not become a babysitter.I've seen some of these freshman play sports.If they listen to Saunders he can teach them things that no other can.Valley does have other sports if these kids don't want to play football don't they?Don't know these kids if their fast and don't want to play football. They can run track or play soccer if Valley has these programs.I don't know whats going on but Valley has made major mistakes before with coaching.:blondedri
Will both squads get a full schedule?
Uncle Fester Wrote:It is Saunders way or NO WAY is what goes on at Shelby Valley. He has the administration wrapped around his finger and scared to say anything to him about his teaching methods (or lack thereof) or his coaching!

Funny thing is I drive by it every day bub. I think Saunders is a fine coach and love whats he's doing. You may not agree with what he does, could be why your not the coach. He is improving a program. I would have loved to him for a coach. Not many people agreed with what coach knight was doing and he was one of the greatest.
saunders has done alot at valley. they had never won a playoff game until he got there. and this upcoming year they should go 2 or 3 games deep in the playoffs.