Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Baseball tournament will get new look in 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2009/01/...k-in-2010/

Kentucky’s high school baseball tournament will have a true Sweet Sixteen format in 2010.

For the past several years, eight semi-state winners have come to Applebee’s Park in Lexington for the last three rounds of the state tournament, and that’s the way it will be again this June.

But starting in 2010, the tournament will be restructured. The semi-state round will be eliminated, and the 16 region winners will advance to Applebee’s Park for a full week of competition to determine the state baseball champion.

Julian Tackett of the KHSAA unveiled the plan at the Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Association convention in Louisville last weekend.

In 2010, regional tournaments will start on Memorial Day, with semifinals three days later, and the finals the following Tuesday. That would give the regions plenty of time to be completed in case of bad weather........
KHSAA needs this. I think it will give teams more to look at and a tougher road to show who the better team really is
Sounds good... NOW, if they will just carry through with it!!!
Yay!
yea i think this way is better. gives more teams the chance to experiance playing in applebee's
fanatic11 Wrote:yea i think this way is better. gives more teams the chance to experiance playing in applebee's

so the regional finals are held there now?
It's about time!!!
I think they way the have it now with teams having to win 2 out of 3 pretty much weeds out the teams that wont have a chance when they get to state. This system they have now is designed to get the best teams to the state tournament from each area, and its going to ruine it if they change it to that!
IT is about time
Stardust Wrote:http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2009/01/...k-in-2010/

Kentucky’s high school baseball tournament will have a true Sweet Sixteen format in 2010.

For the past several years, eight semi-state winners have come to Applebee’s Park in Lexington for the last three rounds of the state tournament, and that’s the way it will be again this June.

But starting in 2010, the tournament will be restructured. The semi-state round will be eliminated, and the 16 region winners will advance to Applebee’s Park for a full week of competition to determine the state baseball champion.

Julian Tackett of the KHSAA unveiled the plan at the Kentucky High School Baseball Coaches Association convention in Louisville last weekend.

In 2010, regional tournaments will start on Memorial Day, with semifinals three days later, and the finals the following Tuesday. That would give the regions plenty of time to be completed in case of bad weather........

Long overdo....it's about time !
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think they way the have it now with teams having to win 2 out of 3 pretty much weeds out the teams that wont have a chance when they get to state. This system they have now is designed to get the best teams to the state tournament from each area, and its going to ruine it if they change it to that!

The way they have it now weeds out smaller teams from the mountains who may not have pitching staffs large enough to throw threee games with inning limits. This format allows all classes to have level playing field and with a week long tournament the smaller size schools could have aces throw two complete games in the tournament and possibly all 4 games with 3 inning limits.
i rlly like this.. gives more teams a chance to play at applebees park.. i hope they stick with this...