Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Great Coach and Person passes away!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coach Jim Gose passed away today after a battle with cancer. He coached for many years at Whitesburg High School where his father James Gose was the head football coach for what seemed an eternity. Jim has touched many kids throughout his career and will be greatly missed. Jim had most recently worked with the consolidated Cougar fresh. and JV teams. Not sure what the funeral plans for Coach Gose will be but I do know he will be at the Everidge Funeral Home in Whitesburg. Like I said before he will be missed as a coach but missed even more as a great human being that was always there for everyone in the community that needed a helping hand.

THANKS COACH.....
Thoughts and prayers going out from Hazard to the family and friends of this great man.
Thoughts and prayers being sent up from Buckeye Lake,Ohio.
Sorry to hear.
Coach Gose was more than a coach-he was a friend, role model, encourager, and overall great person. He never excepted less than your best and knew you had it in you. He always set a good example to the young players and cared deeply about church and his family. Coach Gose had a special place in his heart for kids. I am so glad that I was blessed to have him as someone I could count on and call upon no matter the time or place. We will miss him.
I had a chance to play under this great man. My freshman year he was my coach a great man and no matter what win or lose he kept our spirts up..Prayers to family and friends. Visitation is tomarrow starting at 5 to 9. Funeral is supposedly Wensday at 1. Coach Gose will be missed.
RIP Jim Crit.........He and his family have been a fixture in Letcher Co. sports for many, many years. Thoughts and prayers........
Did this guy coach at Whitesburg before Chandler, or was that his dad?