Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps, KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you all think about phelps..
Used to have a cookie factory, my junior year of high school our football game was delayed for 15mins to chase a stray dog off the field....that's about it really.
IRISH4 Wrote:Used to have a cookie factory, my junior year of high school our football game was delayed for 15mins to chase a stray dog off the field....that's about it really.
Well the football ant so good but will be this year,,but the town of phelps is a good place i like it..
I have watched the football team play but I have never been there.
Have never been there either.
It's a good small town. Everyong knows everyone here, and not much goes on. But there's nothing to do unless you're at work or at a game!
the drive to phelps sucks either way you go. Some nice people from there but if i'm goin to drive for 45 minutes to an hour to get somewhere, it probably won't be there
donathanhurley Wrote:It's a good small town. Everyong knows everyone here, and not much goes on. But there's nothing to do unless you're at work or at a game!
Yeah it is a cool small town lol..ture there ant much to do here unless you go riding or do something..
Never heard of Phelps before becoming a BGR member. What is the population and what more recognizable city is it near?
Its small and I have a couple of friends that live here in Powell Co. that are from there. That's all I know about it.
phelpsboy81 Wrote:what do you all think about phelps..

No offense, but I hate going there to play. The drive is awful; I get sick everytime. The last time we were there, I thought there would be a brawl between the fans.
Never been there.
ahh, it's okay i guess.
but whenever i get older i probably wont live here.
the only thing we got goin for us is basketball, which probably wont be as good next year since all the starters besides kk is graduating.
BUT i love the people here in phelps, there all nice, well most of them Wink
Stardust Wrote:Never heard of Phelps before becoming a BGR member. What is the population and what more recognizable city is it near?
I believe it's not to far from Belfry.
BballFan63 Wrote:No offense, but I hate going there to play. The drive is awful; I get sick everytime. The last time we were there, I thought there would be a brawl between the fans.
What school do u go to..?
I just hate all the curves on the way to Phelps. Then again I live at Kimper so I can't say much, haha.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I believe it's not to far from Belfry.
About 30 to 40 mins..
Hornets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only been there for basketball games when I play. Paul's Pizza (I believe) was pretty great though. The drive is terrible.
don't know much about them, never played against, never coached against
thetribe Wrote:Only been there for basketball games when I play. Paul's Pizza (I believe) was pretty great though. The drive is terrible.
Yeah that is a good place to eat..
Hornets Resturant is the best.
Big Grin
donathanhurley Wrote:Hornets Resturant is the best.
Big Grin

We ate there after almost every game.
thetribe Wrote:We ate there after almost every game.
Yeah it is a good place,,i go there ever day..
The school and those 2 restaurants are the only two places that I even know are in Phelps.
Phelps is your average small town in the middle of know where. I live around 30 mins away from phelps high school and I take an average trip over there from time to time.
I like it here in phelps,,but there ant much to do..
Are there any attractions in Phelps for the people who live there?

What do high school age kids do besides sporting events and riding?
thetribe Wrote:Are there any attractions in Phelps for the people who live there?

What do high school age kids do besides sporting events and riding?
Well most of the time on the weeks most kids go camping at the 3 lane,,go fishing somewere in phelps,,but most of the nights the boys go play football at the high school...
Friends and the internet is about all you have here in Phelps.
Plus Sporting events!
lol.