Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan County 73 Ashland 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dfenz Wrote:How Rowan will "handle" lol Conner again? I would imagine they do the exact same thing. They won didn't they?? Ashland does not have the guards to beat Rowan. Ashland is a decent team good for the 16th region but outside that they are not competitive. Rowan has great guards and a lot of speed. A necessity in girls basketball. Thats what makes them undefeated in the 16th two years in a row and very competitive in state competition.

If Connor drops 29 points, 11 rebounds, and 7 blocks on Rowan again, I would say that this would be a concern for any coach lol- if it isn't, the coach may be a little too confident-lol. I hope that Rowan's players and coaches share your attitude because there is still a lot of basketball to be played this season lol. Rowan supporters said Rowan would blow Ashland out last year also, but Ashland led almost the entire game and lost by 2 lol (by the way, congrats to Rowan on the regional championship - they did earn it and were the best team in the region). Rowan is going to be challenged by any team with an inside presence and with even "decent" guards lol.
Skip Pass Wrote:If Connor drops 29 points, 11 rebounds, and 7 blocks on Rowan again, I would say that this would be a concern for any coach lol- if it isn't, the coach may be a little too confident-lol. I hope that Rowan's players and coaches share your attitude because there is still a lot of basketball to be played this season lol. Rowan supporters said Rowan would blow Ashland out last year also, but Ashland led almost the entire game and lost by 2 lol (by the way, congrats to Rowan on the regional championship - they did earn it and were the best team in the region). Rowan is going to be challenged by any team with an inside presence and with even "decent" guards lol.

My point is I do not think Connor could do that again. She is a good player but not 29pts 11reb and 7bl good every night. Rowan has consistantly proven themselves. I dont think you can get better post players or guards than Manual has on their team and Rowan beat them. You are saying Ashland's guards are better than "decent"? If you are you are very mistaken. And i wouldnt be concerned with Connor's numbers. I would let her score all day if I could shut Wilcox, Strait, and Farroh down. Those are the girls that will beat you, not Connor. That would be my concern as a coach. Round one goes to Rowan only time will tell. Good luck.
Dfenz Wrote:My point is I do not think Connor could do that again. She is a good player but not 29pts 11reb and 7bl good every night. Rowan has consistantly proven themselves. I dont think you can get better post players or guards than Manual has on their team and Rowan beat them. You are saying Ashland's guards are better than "decent"? If you are you are very mistaken. And i wouldnt be concerned with Connor's numbers. I would let her score all day if I could shut Wilcox, Strait, and Farroh down. Those are the girls that will beat you, not Connor. That would be my concern as a coach. Round one goes to Rowan only time will tell. Good luck.

If guards who are 1000 point scorers are only "decent", I'd love to hear your description of a good player. If Ashland's guards are not a concern, why not put 2 or 3 defenders on Connor, let the Ashland guard's shoot at will (and miss) from the perimeter, and beat the Kittens by 50 points?
Skip Pass Wrote:Do you even know who will be on Ashland's roster next year? Connor will not be ashland's only hope. Although graduating a lot of seniors this year, they still have some key players returning next year and a great batch of young players being groomed to step in. Bradley's done a very good job of building Ashland's program starting at the middle school level.

I believe that the younger kids at Ashland won a middle school championship last year. They have all kinds of talent coming up.
Skip Pass Wrote:If guards who are 1000 point scorers are only "decent", I'd love to hear your description of a good player. If Ashland's guards are not a concern, why not put 2 or 3 defenders on Connor, let the Ashland guard's shoot at will (and miss) from the perimeter, and beat the Kittens by 50 points?

Did i ever say they were not a concern?! Rowan's strategy was to shut them down. They did that. Obviously they were a concern. And yes they are only decent guards. They are good for the 16th but as far as state competition they are decent. Maybe Rowan will beat them by 50 next time! Be careful what you wish for. Bottom line is Rowan is the better team and you know it. That is what makes you so defensive about your Kittens. lol
Athleticism separates these two teams. Bottom line.
Both teams played well the other night.
Skip Pass Wrote:Explain???? Do you have reason to believe that Bradley has not done a good job of building the program? - by the way, details would be nice to back up your opinion.

I believe that 2 0f your 3 best 8th graders transferred in and your 7th grade point guard. Is that what you call building ?
Sound as if you are a bit defensive. Rowan shot 32 %/ Sure I agree Rowan shut down the guards, but I think they underestimated Connor's abilities. She has had a great season. I think we will meet again at regionals. Remember Rowan struggles with refs outside their region. I give credit to Rowan and Tackett. Can't wait for March Madness and maybe an upset.
LET EM PLAY Wrote:I believe that 2 0f your 3 best 8th graders transferred in and your 7th grade point guard. Is that what you call building ?

The 2 players you refer to are not the only good players in the system. And don't even insinuate that Coach Bradley recruited these players because anyone who knows the man also nows that he has integrity. If players from other schools transfer to Ashland on their own it is because they know Bradley is a good coach and does things right (in other words has built a solid program).
Skip Pass Wrote:The 2 players you refer to are not the only good players in the system. And don't even insinuate that Coach Bradley recruited these players because anyone who knows the man also nows that he has integrity. If players from other schools transfer to Ashland on their own it is because they know Bradley is a good coach and does things right (in other words has built a solid program).

Coach Bradley is one of the top coaches in the region. He has bulit a great feeder program and hopefully will continue coaching for many years. Go Kittens!!!!
You are the only one who used the word recruiting. Where did that come from?
LET EM PLAY Wrote:You are the only one who used the word recruiting. Where did that come from?

I'm glad that you didn't mean this by your posts. Just wanted to make sure that no one took your post in the wrong way. One of a coach's greatest assets is respectability and I wanted to make sure their were no assumptions being made about Bradley's credibility.
Skip Pass Wrote:The 2 players you refer to are not the only good players in the system. And don't even insinuate that Coach Bradley recruited these players because anyone who knows the man also nows that he has integrity. If players from other schools transfer to Ashland on their own it is because they know Bradley is a good coach and does things right (in other words has built a solid program).

Bradley's credibility has been tainted by his assistant coaches, if parents want their kids want to be passing dummies and practice players then have it, best of wishes to them. Bradley would be wise to go to the medicine cabinet and remove a dull Razor.TongueirateSho
We will take any kid that wants to come to Ashland. Bill Bradley is building a legendary program!
The Maroon Pelican Wrote:We will take any kid that wants to come to Ashland. Bill Bradley is building a legendary program!

MP, you need to take those Maroon Glasses off and see the light. Bradley is a pretty good coach but building a legendary program? C'mon? What about the following coaches current and former, I think they have had something to do with the program as well.

Frank Sloan
Connie Greene
Rick Griffith
Phil Wittich
Dale White
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:MP, you need to take those Maroon Glasses off and see the light. Bradley is a pretty good coach but building a legendary program? C'mon? What about the following coaches current and former, I think they have had something to do with the program as well.

Frank Sloan
Connie Greene
Rick Griffith
Phil Wittich
Dale White

This is a thread to discuss the game. Ashland is rebuilding a great program, not taking anything away from the previous coaches. I hope a moderator closes this thread soon..
kittennation Wrote:This is a thread to discuss the game. Ashland is rebuilding a great program, not taking anything away from the previous coaches. I hope a moderator closes this thread soon..

Alright lets discuss the game. Ashland veered away from what they have been doing all year. Rowan had a great game plan. Period. Not that I am comparing Scott Tackett to Adolph Rupp but when the Cats would play LSU, his game plan was to go ahead and let Pistol Pete get his 55 points just shut down everyone else. I doubt very seriously that Tackett cares about Connors points, he was concerned with Ashland's guards having 3-5 seconds to set their feet and shoot their two handed push shots into the basket. Nice move by Bradley to have the game on Lexington Ave. I guess he needed every advantage he could get in order to have a chance at winning.Big Grin
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:Alright lets discuss the game. Ashland veered away from what they have been doing all year. Rowan had a great game plan. Period. Not that I am comparing Scott Tackett to Adolph Rupp but when the Cats would play LSU, his game plan was to go ahead and let Pistol Pete get his 55 points just shut down everyone else. I doubt very seriously that Tackett cares about Connors points, he was concerned with Ashland's guards having 3-5 seconds to set their feet and shoot their two handed push shots into the basket. Nice move by Bradley to have the game on Lexington Ave. I guess he needed every advantage he could get in order to have a chance at winning.Big Grin

The fact that you mention Tackett and Rupp in the same post is laughable. You are beating a dead horse.. Ashland lost.. period. But don't be surprised if they are not ready in March. If I'm not mistaken Ashland led most of the game last regional finals and Rowan barely pulled away in the 4th. So, your childish barbs and putting down kids needs to stop. Let'em play. See you in March.
kittennation Wrote:The fact that you mention Tackett and Rupp in the same post is laughable. You are beating a dead horse.. Ashland lost.. period. But don't be surprised if they are not ready in March. If I'm not mistaken Ashland led most of the game last regional finals and Rowan barely pulled away in the 4th. So, your childish barbs and putting down kids needs to stop. Let'em play. See you in March.

I said in my post that I was not comparing Tackett to Rupp. After this year we will see how laughable it is when the bottom falls out.
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:I said in my post that I was not comparing Tackett to Rupp. After this year we will see how laughable it is when the bottom falls out.

PF, we ALL get it - you think that Rowan County is the greatest thing since sliced bread. That's your opinion as a devout RC fan and I commend you for your team loyalty. Now, please let it drop. Actual high school players read these posts and your (and other RC poster's) continual put-downs on Ashland's team and players is not commendable. I haven't seen one Ashland post rip the Rowan players as individuals or as a team. Actually, most, if not all, of the Ashland posters have admitted that Rowan is the better team at this time. It's getting to the point that an Ashland supporter doesn't want to compliment the Kittens on this message board because it is just another opportunity for you (or a select few other RC posters) to tear them down. It doesn't affend me, but as I said before, think of the kids that read your posts.
Since 1975, Ashland has 9 regional titles, Rowan has 7. Should be interesting come March. Bradley and Wittich are like Peanut Butter and Jelley!
I hearing that a couple of kittens might be coming home.Confusedhh:
mymiddleschoolbanner Wrote:I hearing that a couple of kittens might be coming home.Confusedhh:

That has nothing to do with this thread. If someone is REALLY leaving then who are they?
mymiddleschoolbanner Wrote:I hearing that a couple of kittens might be coming home.Confusedhh:

As predicted the bottom is already starting to fall out. I assume most of those kids that transferred probably didnt want to, it was their parents ill doing. Sad
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:As predicted the bottom is already starting to fall out. I assume most of those kids that transferred probably didnt want to, it was their parents ill doing. Sad

Talk about stirring the pot!!! Rolleyes You must be awfully close to the program by making these assumptions. I agree with kittennation, it might be time to for a mod to close this thread since PF can't (or won't) keep it on subject.

PF, feel free to open a new thread about this topic- A thread title suggestion might be "Totally Unsustantiated Claims about 16th Region Teams".
Skip Pass Wrote:Talk about stirring the pot!!! Rolleyes You must be awfully close to the program by making these assumptions. I agree with kittennation, it might be time to for a mod to close this thread since PF can't (or won't) keep it on subject.

PF, feel free to open a new thread about this topic- A thread title suggestion might be "Totally Unsustantiated Claims about 16th Region Teams".

Where is spindoc, LRCW when you need them? :igiveup:
Skip Pass Wrote:Talk about stirring the pot!!! Rolleyes You must be awfully close to the program by making these assumptions. I agree with kittennation, it might be time to for a mod to close this thread since PF can't (or won't) keep it on subject.

I am 57 miles East of you. Feel free to lock it in 4 Lo and come visit me at Shoney's and we can discuss your insecurities and inferior complexes concerning your kitttens that were once cladded in Medieval Armour before the urbanization of North Ashland. TongueirateSho

It is no wonder that Scott Tackett is no fan of coming to Ashland to play. Good luck come regionals. I also want to add this to this particular post....Skip Pass you shouldnt take things so personal on here.
thumbsdown Wrote:Where is spindoc, LRCW when you need them? :igiveup:

Having Lunch then cleaning teeth! Big Grin

Now back to the subject. Bradley better be working on his teams defense if they are going to have a chance in Morehead. The game at Alumni revealed some weaknesses on the defensive end. FWIW, Tackett called the dogs off half way through the 4th Quarter. The game was not as close as people might have thought.
Pages: 1 2 3 4