Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: GSP or PENN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you think? GSP by 3r tko. Then he can tell BJ "I'm not impressed" lol. Seriously though, pound for pound, GSP is the best in the world. And don't give me that Anderson Silva crap...who has anderson silva fought besides Hendo? Anyone who puts Anderson on his back has a great chance of winning and GSP could do that to him. Sure Serra KO'd him, but at least Ryo Chonan didn't flying scisor heel hook him like he did to Anderson. Plus, GSP beat the absolute **** out of Serra.
Gossimer Wump Wrote:Who do you think? GSP by 3r tko. Then he can tell BJ "I'm not impressed" lol. Seriously though, pound for pound, GSP is the best in the world. And don't give me that Anderson Silva crap...who has anderson silva fought besides Hendo? Anyone who puts Anderson on his back has a great chance of winning and GSP could do that to him. Sure Serra KO'd him, but at least Ryo Chonan didn't flying scisor heel hook him like he did to Anderson. Plus, GSP beat the absolute **** out of Serra.

GSP has been known to fold in fights, but Penn has been known to be completely unprepared as well.

They'll never fight, but there is nothing GSP could do to Silva to produce a win.
Gossimer Wump Wrote:Who do you think? GSP by 3r tko. Then he can tell BJ "I'm not impressed" lol. Seriously though, pound for pound, GSP is the best in the world. And don't give me that Anderson Silva crap...who has anderson silva fought besides Hendo? Anyone who puts Anderson on his back has a great chance of winning and GSP could do that to him. Sure Serra KO'd him, but at least Ryo Chonan didn't flying scisor heel hook him like he did to Anderson. Plus, GSP beat the absolute **** out of Serra.

I think BJ wins this one if he comes in the fight in shape. GSP is a great fighter, but i think BJ will win. I am not a fan of BJ though, licking the blood of his gloves, the trash talk of his-which i know is to hype the fight, but come on. I think Bj is the #1 pfp followed by fedor, then Anderson, then GSP.
blackcat Wrote:GSP has been known to fold in fights, but Penn has been known to be completely unprepared as well.

They'll never fight, but there is nothing GSP could do to Silva to produce a win.

What fight did GSP fold in? He got KO'd by serra and armbarred by Hughes? Plus, I'd bet the farm on GSP against Anderson. Anderson is overrated. He's very good, but overrated.
Gossimer Wump Wrote:What fight did GSP fold in? He got KO'd by serra and armbarred by Hughes? Plus, I'd bet the farm on GSP against Anderson. Anderson is overrated. He's very good, but overrated.

Overrated? He has walked through everyone the UFC has put in front of him.
OK, Hendo was a great win. Franklin is overrated. Why wont anderson fight Okami again? Or Chonan? Anderson is an awesome fighter...no doubt. One of the top 5 in the world, but GSP is better, IMO.
Pluss Takase tooled Anderson in PRIDE...
Gossimer Wump Wrote:OK, Hendo was a great win. Franklin is overrated. Why wont anderson fight Okami again? Or Chonan? Anderson is an awesome fighter...no doubt. One of the top 5 in the world, but GSP is better, IMO.

He hasnt faught Okami again because Okami has not lived up to his hype in the UFC. All of his performance have been lack luster in the UFC. Chonan has also not lived up in the UFC, that is why thery have not got title shots yet.
Also Okami won because of a dq. here is the link to the fight, watch it-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StYulH-yKsk
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:He hasnt faught Okami again because Okami has not lived up to his hype in the UFC. All of his performance have been lack luster in the UFC. Chonan has also not lived up in the UFC, that is why thery have not got title shots yet.

Okami has went 6-1 in UFC, not bad. Only loss is to Franklin. And its know Okami was injured during the Franklin fight. And I am not a Okami fan AT ALL. Anderson has ducked Okami, admit it. And as far as Chonan goes, that further proves my point that Anderson is overrated. Chonan pulled off a silly sub on him. So, according to you, Anderson's last two losses were to overhyped fighters.
Gossimer Wump Wrote:Okami has went 6-1 in UFC, not bad. Only loss is to Franklin. And its know Okami was injured during the Franklin fight. And I am not a Okami fan AT ALL. Anderson has ducked Okami, admit it. And as far as Chonan goes, that further proves my point that Anderson is overrated. Chonan pulled off a silly sub on him. So, according to you, Anderson's last two losses were to overhyped fighters.

Did you watch that video at all??? Okami was getting owned by anderson the whole time, okami was lucky it was considered a dq amd not a KO. What i am saying is that both fighters have had lack luster fights in the UFC and have been undeserving of a title fight. anderson has not ducked okami, has has no reason to. As far as chonan, if he can win a few fights im sure the
UFC would love a rematch between the two.
Meh, I disagree with you, but thats allright. Just good to have someone around here who actually knows mma, and not just kimbo, tank, shamrock, gracie...lol kudos
Gossimer Wump Wrote:Meh, I disagree with you, but thats allright. Just good to have someone around here who actually knows mma, and not just kimbo, tank, shamrock, gracie...lol kudos

Yea it is lol. Do you ever get on sherdog.com? It's a great mma site/forums i check daily.
When I'm not in school or at work lol
Gossimer Wump Wrote:What fight did GSP fold in? He got KO'd by serra and armbarred by Hughes? Plus, I'd bet the farm on GSP against Anderson. Anderson is overrated. He's very good, but overrated.

Against Matt Hughes, he was scared to death. And I would bet the farm on Silva. Explain to me how you think GSP could beat Silva.
BJ Penn wins this one by ko in the 2nd
I'll always take the great "big" fighter over the great "smaller" fighter. Both are HOF'ers.
blackcat Wrote:Against Matt Hughes, he was scared to death. And I would bet the farm on Silva. Explain to me how you think GSP could beat Silva.

The first fight he was nervous, but still dominated the round until he got caught in the armbar. He then proceeded to tear Hughes a new one 2 times. GSP is a freak of nature. He's a big WelterWeight anyway. 185 is not a stretch. I just think he can out wrestle anderson and controll the fight. JMO
Gossimer Wump Wrote:The first fight he was nervous, but still dominated the round until he got caught in the armbar. He then proceeded to tear Hughes a new one 2 times. GSP is a freak of nature. He's a big WelterWeight anyway. 185 is not a stretch. I just think he can out wrestle anderson and controll the fight. JMO

....Anderson Silva would beat gsp to death.....
GSP is one of the better fighters I've seen in a while...I'll take GSP with a 2nd round victory.