Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton 46 Johns Creek 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Virgie. Our gym floor was being refinished and Virgie was gracious enough to let us play a double header with them. Johns Creek was also very understanding and we appreciate them working with us.

Johns Creek played really hard and really deserved the win. However, I am very proud of my boys for fighting all the way to the end and pulling it out.

For Dorton:

Cody Belter 25 points, 13 blocks, 10 rebounds
Jesse Lucas 7 points, 8 assists
Zack Cantrell 6 points, 5rebounds
Estil Bentley 3 points, 3 rebounds
Jordan Adkins 3 points, 3 assists
Cody Lawson 1 point, 2 rebounds
Cody Banks 1 point

For Johns Creek:

Pugh 15 points
Roberts 12 points
Clark 5 points
Deboard 4 points
Blackburn 4 ponts
Meade 3 points
Justice 2 points

B Team:

Dorton 50
Johns Creek 28

For Dorton:

Cody Belter 18 points
Cody Banks 12 points
Austin Cable 7 points
Jesse Lucas 5 points
Zack Cantrell 4 points
Zack Huffman 2 points
Jordan Osborne 2 points

For Johns Creek:

Blackburn 10 points
#30 6 points
Fields 5 points
Peters 4 points
#42 2 points
#34 1 point
the a team game seemed pretty good
Got to give Cody props for another Triple Double...Keep workin big man!!!
Agent 0 Wrote:the a team game seemed pretty good

It was a good one . . . almost too good for me! Johns Creek is very athletic. They block a lot of shots.
wow that belter kid mut be for ral hes a double double every game and has coutless triple doubles this season is he in 6th or 7th grade i noticed he also played b-team why? hes obviously there bestplayer.
central fan Wrote:wow that belter kid mut be for ral hes a double double every game and has coutless triple doubles this season is he in 6th or 7th grade i noticed he also played b-team why? hes obviously there bestplayer.

He's in 7th grade. He plays B team because we feel that he needs all the court time he can get. He seems to get better weekly. At his size, he is still trying to catch up to his body and we feel that playing him as much as we can is the best way to do that.
It was a great game and atmosphere. Dorton played very hard. Congratulations on a well coached game.
Great game last night. One of the better games I have watched this year. Dorton and Johns Creek have improved alot since the first time I watched them. Should be a very interesting tournament this year.
Love those close scoring games!!! They really put you on the edge of your seat sometimes...... Good game Bearcats. Good game Wildcats. The Beltner boy is growing in his game and physically. Anxious to see him in a couple years. Eagles are a Great team of boys. Hope they have it together tonight for the Feds Creek game. Good Luck Eagles, play hard, have fun, WIN the game.
It will be tough without Bowling. I think he has pulled hamstring. Virgie will have to pick up the slack and play smart tonight against Feds Creek.
Congrats Dorton
Jut23 Wrote:Got to give Cody props for another Triple Double...Keep workin big man!!!

Obviously a real close, good game, apparently both teams played hard.

The Belter boy is steadily improving and you have to give props to his coach

and his handling of him and the team. Coach, you deserve some credit for

the improvement of Elisha Justice and the player he is now and the manner

in which he plays and lives off the floor. Go Wildcats!!!
dortonite Wrote:Obviously a real close, good game, apparently both teams played hard.

The Belter boy is steadily improving and you have to give props to his coach

and his handling of him and the team. Coach, you deserve some credit for

the improvement of Elisha Justice and the player he is now and the manner

in which he plays and lives off the floor. Go Wildcats!!!

Thanks Dortonite. Elisha and Belter have one thing in common . . . hard work. Both have the desire and that is what it takes to be great. Kids like those are fun to coach.

Elisha has always been a great kid and I expect nothing less in the future.

Belter is continuing to improve and his confidence is growing by the game.
"Belter is continuing to improve and his confidence is growing by the game"

If I had 25 points, 13 blocks, and 10 rebounds... my Confidence would be sky high!. No really tho, the kid must be an amazing player, because he does things like this in every game. I hope to get to see him play sometime in the future.
Congratulations Wildcats! Great game!
that pugh boy is un stopable
I herd that corey deboard is good when he shows up to play he showed it down there in floruince ky
Jut23 Wrote:Got to give Cody props for another Triple Double...Keep workin big man!!!

Is this his 3rd year playing middle school basketball?
As far as the varsity, this is his 2nd year. He played quite a bit on the varsity last season, making the Pike County All Tournament team.
He will be a great high school player.
How many years total has he been playing at the middle school level?
i know, right? Wrote:How many years total has he been playing at the middle school level?

This is his 5th year.