Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wesley over Adams by 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgot final score but close game all the way through.
Congrats Riders.
Congrats to the Riders! Hang in there Blackcats! You guys have lots of talent on your team.
Where was this game played at. Sounds like SF and Wesley will be a good 1.
Congrats Riders, hang in there Adams, you all got some very talented kids at Adams. How are the county conference records looking now. Who is in second place?
well played game by both teams, it went down to the wire great effort by both teams.
your team plays hard and shows tremendous heart !
Someone told me last night that there was almost a fight between the two coaches after this game. Come on guy's your there for the kids not for yourselves. Who was officiating this game, looks like they could have done a better job of controling everyone's emotions in this one.
hot wheels Wrote:Someone told me last night that there was almost a fight between the two coaches after this game. Come on guy's your there for the kids not for yourselves. Who was officiating this game, looks like they could have done a better job of controling everyone's emotions in this one.
It wasn't on any part the official's lack of control. Do you really expect them to stand and supervise as the teams shake hands after the game to make sure everyone act like adults? I know YOU know that's not the case.
I do disagree with one of the officials that worked the game, with his close connection to one of the schools, but things like that happen sometimes with the shortage of officials in the area.
Are you tired of hating on Coach M at JC and are now turning your focus to middle school officals? Rolleyes
OK guys, I will try to stop this before it gets crazy. I was upset that one of the officials was as u say, very closely connected to the school. I made a VERY BAD mistake by telling the Wesley coach that I felt they had wronged us and it got him upset. I understand that, and I went to the coach and told him I apologized and I should have waited to tell him my thoughts. That was my fault ! I wished him and his team luck the rest of the season and shook hands. There was no FIGHT and I had no intention of trying to FIGHT ! Again I should have handled it different that stating my thoughts at that time. To Coach Wright and anyone at Wesley that was offended, again I apologize for the way I handled the situation. If there is anything that the kids that have played for me over the last five years in football or basketball will tell you, it is I have always told them to win with class and lose with class. I will continue to coach hard and try to teach the kids to do the right thing. Good Luck the rest of the season Wesley !

Thanks
Coach Howell
Where will the Wesley boys be going to high school at?

If Adams and Wesley's boys went to Pburg they would have one heck of a team in a few years.
that sounds right..
must have been a really good game
First, I disagree with the post "things like that happen with the shortage of officials in the area". Things like that do not happen. Officals are planned prior to any game. There are no less than 17 licensed officals in Floyd County alone. And with Allen's close proximity to Pike County, the use of officals from Pike County would have been feasible if NO OTHER official in Floyd County was available, although I sincerely doubt any other offical was ever asked to work the game.

Secondly, the issue goes beyond what is anyone's personal opinion. KHSAA is the licensing body for officials and I believe their view of the situation to be more important than any individual's assessment of whether of not the use of the official in question was okay. KHSAA clearly defines CONFLICT OF INTEREST for licensed officials. A conflict of interest exists if "If the offical has a child in school in one of the involved schools, or a child who graduated from one of the schools within the previous five years." Also a conflict of interest, "If the offical or the official's spouse is employed by any school fielding a team involved in a contest". Without question, the official had a conflict of interest and should have declined to officiate when contacted by Wesley.

Finally, if the offical in question had officiated a perfect game, which he obviously did not considering the other official overruled his calls multiple times, it would not have been enough to satisfy Adams. Wesley exhibited the ultimate in poor judgement by using the official. The appearance of impropriety is just as incriminating as actually committing the act of something improper. If the Wesley Christian School wants to give a speech about sportsmanship before their games, they need to follow the old adage "Practice what you preach".
Ranger519 Wrote:First, I disagree with the post "things like that happen with the shortage of officials in the area". Things like that do not happen. Officals are planned prior to any game. There are no less than 17 licensed officals in Floyd County alone. And with Allen's close proximity to Pike County, the use of officals from Pike County would have been feasible if NO OTHER official in Floyd County was available, although I sincerely doubt any other offical was ever asked to work the game.

Secondly, the issue goes beyond what is anyone's personal opinion. KHSAA is the licensing body for officials and I believe their view of the situation to be more important than any individual's assessment of whether of not the use of the official in question was okay. KHSAA clearly defines CONFLICT OF INTEREST for licensed officials. A conflict of interest exists if "If the offical has a child in school in one of the involved schools, or a child who graduated from one of the schools within the previous five years." Also a conflict of interest, "If the offical or the official's spouse is employed by any school fielding a team involved in a contest". Without question, the official had a conflict of interest and should have declined to officiate when contacted by Wesley.

Finally, if the offical in question had officiated a perfect game, which he obviously did not considering the other official overruled his calls multiple times, it would not have been enough to satisfy Adams. Wesley exhibited the ultimate in poor judgement by using the official. The appearance of impropriety is just as incriminating as actually committing the act of something improper. If the Wesley Christian School wants to give a speech about sportsmanship before their games, they need to follow the old adage "Practice what you preach".
First, Wrong. Obviously you've never dealt with trying to schedule officials for middle school/youth sports around here. People go to where the money is best and what is convenient to them. At this level, sometimes it's just within an hour or two from gametime that officials are finally scheduled and confirmed.
Second, Wrong. The KHSAAA could care less if a school's own coach were to referee the game himself at the middle school level. Or let's say your partner doesn't show up, you could put stripes on a stranger you meet in the parking lot and he could walk in and call the game with you. It's just common courtesy by a school to do the best you can to get licensed officials and to not have any conflicts.
I really enjoy watching Adams play
It's true no one could cares at KHSAA or Floyd County Schools who officiates the middle school games.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Where will the Wesley boys be going to high school at?

If Adams and Wesley's boys went to Pburg they would have one heck of a team in a few years.

Agreed! Unfortunately, most of the kids from Wesley will be going to BL, Pikeville, or Pike Central. But, I think you could combine the 2 and make one heck of an AAU team for the spring! A back court with the Williams kid from Adams and the Meade kid from Wesley would be unstoppable!!! What are your thoughts Coach Wright and Coach Howell?
spe690 Wrote:Agreed! Unfortunately, most of the kids from Wesley will be going to BL, Pikeville, or Pike Central. But, I think you could combine the 2 and make one heck of an AAU team for the spring! A back court with the Williams kid from Adams and the Meade kid from Wesley would be unstoppable!!! What are your thoughts Coach Wright and Coach Howell?

Both teams are FULL of talent..... Would be great to see them on the floor together.
spe690 Wrote:Agreed! Unfortunately, most of the kids from Wesley will be going to BL, Pikeville, or Pike Central. But, I think you could combine the 2 and make one heck of an AAU team for the spring! A back court with the Williams kid from Adams and the Meade kid from Wesley would be unstoppable!!! What are your thoughts Coach Wright and Coach Howell?

Been done before...Williams, Meade, Hall and Hamilton from BL played on aau team and couldnt gel. Just because the talent is there doesnt mean they could be unstoppable. Great players in both Meade and Williams but lack of teamwork. But hopefully they may have grown in that area.