Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 75 - Lawrence Co. 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final!
Hard fought game.
LCthug Wrote:Hard fought game.
It was a very hard fought game both teams never gave up
I know, but what was the deal on the technical? Why didn't we get our shots?
LCthug Wrote:I know, but what was the deal on the technical? Why didn't we get our shots?

They called a double technical on the floor and all jc shot was the foul shots from the play
This was a very sloppy game! LC brought it on and JC finally kicked it in for a few minutes then let back up. Not a good performace for JC, they will have to play better down the stretch!

A win is a win is a win and this should seal the district for JC. Both teams will have to play much better or the trip to Pikeville in March could be one and done.
Congratulations JC.
Congrats JC
Eagle Eye Wrote:Good win for the eagles. Took LCs best shot and still came out with the W. Eagles are going to have to play better if they want to compete for a regional title.

You took LC's best shot huh?
LCthug Wrote:You took LC's best shot huh?

I've watched both teams and thought LC played well, especially since Parker's defense didn't show up tonight. Parker didn't play well and Whittaker was in foul trouble and was still able to pull out the W.
Good win Eagles, however..... not much different in the style of play, turnovers, bad passes, poor shots.....This game was a terrible example of BOTH LC AND JC's basketball abilities. Both teams and coaches will have to step it up to compete at the regional level.
Eagle Eye Wrote:I've watched both teams and thought LC played well, especially since Parker's defense didn't show up tonight. Parker didn't play well and Whittaker was in foul trouble and was still able to pull out the W.

LC also had some some players in foul trouble too.... Lucas even fouled out in the fourth.
LC gave Johnson Central all they wanted tonight and should have won the game if they wouldn't have made a few sloppy plays in the end that basically cost them the game.

Even the 5 point margin doesn't reflect how close the game truly was. LC lead the majority of the game only to give it away to JC in the end.

As for not being able to match up, I believe LC showed that they can more than match up with ANYONE on the JC team, especially the Welch kid. He is an excellent athlete, but is no real threat to anyone.

Just my $0.02...

Congrats to JC for a nice win!
Eagle Eye Wrote:I've watched both teams and thought LC played well, especially since Parker's defense didn't show up tonight. Parker didn't play well and Whittaker was in foul trouble and was still able to pull out the W.

LC played very hard and hit the three very well. Inside defense was just a big hole tonight for JC. The offense did not look sharp either. I like the way both Bratton brothers play inside. Coach M does have some bench to go to and that will help in March. Still a great win for the Eagles. This team is loaded with too much size, strenght, and athletic ability to play like tonight. Coach M will have them whipped into shape.
Creeker Wrote:LC gave Johnson Central all they wanted tonight and should have won the game if they wouldn't have made a few sloppy plays in the end that basically cost them the game.

Even the 5 point margin doesn't reflect how close the game truly was. LC lead the majority of the game only to give it away to JC in the end.

As for not being able to match up, I believe LC showed that they can more than match up with ANYONE on the JC team, especially the Welch kid. He is an excellent athlete, but is no real threat to anyone.

Just my $0.02...

Congrats to JC for a nice win!

Well said. LC has so much speed and I believe tonight should stop the talk about LC not being able to match up with JC as well.
Nice win JC...need to start playing some defense tho.
LCthug Wrote:Well said. LC has so much speed and I believe tonight should stop the talk about LC not being able to match up with JC as well.

Guys I have tried to be nice, do not kid yourself about matchups, you played your best game and JC played for 5 min and still won, it is just that simple.
If you had got a good dose of JC all the game it would have been ugly. LC has no one to match up with Welch, even on a bad night. Most of your team fouled out trying to gaurd him. Round three should be in Feb. so we can debate and see what happens then.
MonsterMan Wrote:Guys I have tried to be nice, do not kid yourself about matchups, you played your best game and JC played for 5 min and still won, it is just that simple.
If you had got a good dose of JC all the game it would have been ugly. LC has no one to match up with Welch, even on a bad night. Most of your team fouled out trying to gaurd him. Round three should be in Feb. so we can debate and see what happens then.

:lmao:

Of course they had a bad night... how else could anyone possibly play with JC??? Rolleyes Heck, I live in Johnson County and even I think that one is hilarious!

Must have had a bad night when JC played at LC to... seeing as it was only a 5 point margin that time too. Wink

I am all for being confident in my team, but be realistic fellows.
Congrats to the Eagles! I have continued to say that JC and LC are the best two in the district. Tonight shows me that JC is slightly better, but that LC is capable on knocking them off on a given night. I too believe that either of these teams will need to play way better than either have this whole season to make a run in the regional against SV. Best of luck to both!!
MonsterMan Wrote:Guys I have tried to be nice, do not kid yourself about matchups, you played your best game and JC played for 5 min and still won, it is just that simple.

LC did play well, i agree. But LC didnt lose because of sloppy plays or anything like that. If you were at the game it was pretty obvious that the refs were not wanting LC to take the win. Imo that was the worst officiating game i have watched in a long time. LC had no problem matching up with Welch or anybody else on the team.
I thought Tanner Bratton was the diffrence in the game late. He brought a little fire into the team with 5 minutes left in the game. He will play defense and play hard everytime he hits the floor.
On a side note, the alley oop from whitaker to Welch was one of the best dunks i have seen in high school in a couple of years.
MR. Slate Wrote:I thought Tanner Bratton was the diffrence in the game late. He brought a little fire into the team with 5 minutes left in the game. He will play defense and play hard everytime he hits the floor.
On a side note, the alley oop from whitaker to Welch was one of the best dunks i have seen in high school in a couple of years.
Agree 100%! That was a sweet looking ally oop and finish by Welch!
MR. Slate Wrote:I thought Tanner Bratton was the diffrence in the game late. He brought a little fire into the team with 5 minutes left in the game. He will play defense and play hard everytime he hits the floor.

I agree with you, if we played like that for a game it would be awesome. Both Bratton brothers play hard and tough and Tanner turned the game around.

Anyone that knows anything about basketball knows there is more to get out of JC than was shown tonight. But we won and are #1 in the district so regardless of what any of us think, that is the fact.
Congrats to the eagles/zebras on the victory, but if you were there you would already know what I mean.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Congrats to the eagles/zebras on the victory, but if you were there you would already know what I mean.

I was listening on the radio and I even know what you mean!
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Congrats to the eagles/zebras
on the victory, but if you were there you would already know what I mean.

Rolleyes :Sad04:

That figures!
I thought that LC played hard and played pretty well. I really think they have a real good squad and are well coached. However, the honest truth is, if JC played a whole lot smarter, stopped a lot of the individualism, and played HELPOUT TEAM DEFENSE, they are easily a 20 point better team than LC. JC's problem is they appear to still have too many "I's" in a game where there should be none. I agree with the others, they will certainly have to work on all 3 of the aspects I mentioned to get to Rupp. They are a great bunch of athletes , but I'm scratching my head on their basketball I.Q. at this point.
I have to agree with the refs not doing a good job...but they were bad on both sides...not just 1......since when is it a foul to go for the rebound but doing it to strongly?..that call has been made on Tanner Bratton twice this season already. Ref Wendell was calloing fouls on JC that was made under rim and ref was at mid court....so yeah, I agree
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I thought that LC played hard and played pretty well. I really think they have a real good squad. However the honest truth is, if JC played a whole lot smarter, stopped a lot of the individualism, and played HELPOUT TEAM DEFENSE, they are easily a 20 point better team than LC. JC's problem is they appear to still have too many "I's" in a game where there should be none. I agree with the others, they will certainly have to work on all 3 aspects I mentioned to get to Rupp. They are a great bunch of athletes , but I'm scratching my head on their basketball I.Q. at this point.

RUPP, RUPP!! Oh nevermind, I know now, good early april fools joke.
Hopefully central doesn't forget there refs at home if they make it to rupp Mr.kimball Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4