Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sweet Irony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think about this!!!

Headlines Four Years Ago:

"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops die in
unarmored Humvees"

"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times"

"Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, Ordinary
Americans get the shaft"

Headlines Today:

"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $120 million"

"Obama Spends $120 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"

"Everyman Obama shows America how to celebrate"

"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"

The "change" is here.
But it's Obama.......
Haven't you ever heard that "the more things change the more they stay the same". lol
So, Bush can go on TV and beg Congress and the U.S. to bailout the banks with $700 billion, but $120 million has your panties in a knot?

A LOT of Obama's inauguration money came from private donations.

Also, Bush didn't have anywhere close to the number of people come out to his inaugurations (heck, Obama had more people out than Bush had in both of his combined).

As for "change"... we will see, but I am at least giving my President a chance instead of grasping for straws and criticizing him over something so trivial.
Several good points there Fritz, I guess the majority of the liberals believe in the old adage "Do as I say, Not as I do" lol

CD... while Bush did ask for the bailout, so did the majority of the democrats in the senate, along with Obama. The private donors, you speak of donated less than 18% the 150 - 170 million. Several million from the private donors were from the banking industry which received bailout monies, so I guess were paying for that also.
We'll see if you're still complaining about this when things get better.
ComfortEagle Wrote:We'll see if you're still complaining about this when things get better.

Thats a bold statement. So by "things" do you mean the economy, stressed military, health care or other. By "when" do you think it will be next year, two years or four years?
Good job Fritz. CE, it wasn't trivial to Democrats when they were complaining 4 years ago.
Who cares how much was spent on the inauguration? Good god people, its not like he spent it on drugs and was up there snorting a line or something. You people complain about this when Bush spent billions and billions on a war that should never have happened, but yet you dont complain about that. Get a life and leave the man alone and give him a chance before you start judging as usual.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Who cares how much was spent on the inauguration? Good god people, its not like he spent it on drugs and was up there snorting a line or something. You people complain about this when Bush spent billions and billions on a war that should never have happened, but yet you dont complain about that. Get a life and leave the man alone and give him a chance before you start judging as usual.

The Democrats did 4 years ago. How did you miss the whole point of the thread?
ComfortEagle Wrote:So, Bush can go on TV and beg Congress and the U.S. to bailout the banks with $700 billion, but $120 million has your panties in a knot?

Also, Bush didn't have anywhere close to the number of people come out to his inaugurations (heck, Obama had more people out than Bush had in both of his combined).

As for "change"... we will see, but I am at least giving my President a chance instead of grasping for straws and criticizing him over something so trivial.

I agree.
jetpilot Wrote:The Democrats did 4 years ago. How did you miss the whole point of the thread?
To me the point is that if bush had stayed any longer it might have cost 300 mil in another year or two.
The Guru Wrote:To me the point is that if bush had stayed any longer it might have cost 300 mil in another year or two.

How is it that Obama is going to cost any less. He hasn't shown anything that says hes going to spend less over all. I know hes put alot of freezes out there on alot of different government orginizations but hes got that money spent.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Who cares how much was spent on the inauguration? Good god people, its not like he spent it on drugs and was up there snorting a line or something. You people complain about this when Bush spent billions and billions on a war that should never have happened, but yet you dont complain about that. Get a life and leave the man alone and give him a chance before you start judging as usual.

I care. The military can barely get money for gas, ammo and food to train with. Yet he wants to send more of us to Afghanistan. Which i'm fine with as long as you give me what i need to train my men.
ComfortEagle Wrote:We'll see if you're still complaining about this when things get better.

You and I both know that eventually things will get better, what we don't know is if it will take 6 months or 6 years, if it's only 6 months Obama will take credit for it, or if it's after Obama leaves office he will still take credit for it that's just politics.
ComfortEagle Wrote:So, Bush can go on TV and beg Congress and the U.S. to bailout the banks with $700 billion, but $120 million has your panties in a knot?

Spoken like a true DemocratRolleyes
$120 million probably bought what $42 million did in yesteryear...