Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Players in 15th Region 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Joel Meade from East Ridge will be one of the top pitchers and Peyton Elswick will be one of the top hitters. East Ridge made the semi- finals of the 15th Region last year and return a lot of starters. Ther won the 59th District Tournament by beating hail Pikeville in the finals.
Chandler Shepherd-LC
Austin Lyons-Painstville
Daniel Harmon-Pikeville
Corey Adams-Paintsville
Jeremy Stacy-JC
Jordan Miller-LC
Mike Conley-JC
Chase Richardson-JC
Taylor Smith-JC
Dylan Stiltner-Phelps if he didn't graduate
Tear Drop Wrote:Chandler Shepherd-LC
Austin Lyons-Painstville
Daniel Harmon-Pikeville
Corey Adams-Paintsville
Jeremy Stacy-JC
Jordan Miller-LC
Mike Conley-JC
Chase Richardson-JC
Taylor Smith-JC
Dylan Stiltner-Phelps if he didn't graduate

Looks like JC is loaded
Wildcat Blue Wrote:Looks like JC is loaded

I would say JC overall has the most talent.
Wildcat Blue Wrote:Looks like JC is loaded

Yeah they are. Should be the favorites this year in the region.
I'm a little surprised not see Nick Vance (JC) listed here. I know he had some arm trouble last year. Will he be ready to go this year?
Is the Shepard kid at LC as good as I have been hearing??? I heard he got honorable mention all-state as a freshman last year?? Honestly I don't see a kid that young already throwing in the 90's.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Is the Shepard kid at LC as good as I have been hearing??? I heard he got honorable mention all-state as a freshman last year?? Honestly I don't see a kid that young already throwing in the 90's.
Yes.
I can say in my short life, he may be the best at that age I have seen. His mechanics, leg kick, composure, the way he attacks the hitters, everything is fluid and picture perfect from what I have seen. It's gonna be great to watch him for 3 more seasons, but also bad to have to deal with him from a district/region rival school.
As for Nick Vance, he had some touch up surgery done in the fall, keeping him out of basketball, but I believe will be ready to assume full baseball activities in the next week or so, if he hasn't already.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Yes.
I can say in my short life, he may be the best at that age I have seen. His mechanics, leg kick, composure, the way he attacks the hitters, everything is fluid and picture perfect from what I have seen. It's gonna be great to watch him for 3 more seasons, but also bad to have to deal with him from a district/region rival school.
As for Nick Vance, he had some touch up surgery done in the fall, keeping him out of basketball, but I believe will be ready to assume full baseball activities in the next week or so, if he hasn't already.

Thanks Ring'em Up for the update on Nick!!
well the best pitcher is shepherd.
and i would put jordan miller at the plate before anyone else in the region.
10thregionfan Wrote:Thanks Ring'em Up for the update on Nick!!

Doesn't look like Nick will be pitching this year. He was released to play, but not pitch this season, at his last doctor visit. Possibly pitch in summer ball.
state 1 Wrote:Doesn't look like Nick will be pitching this year. He was released to play, but not pitch this season, at his last doctor visit. Possibly pitch in summer ball.

Wow! i hate that for Nick, and thats also a big blow for Jc as well.
These are your Top Player in the 15th

Chandler Shepherd-Soph. LC
Corey Adams-Sr. Paintsville
Daniel Harmon- Sr. Pikeville
Mike Conley- Sr. JC
Jordan Miller- Jr. LC
Jeremy Stacy- Sr. JC
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Is the Shepard kid at LC as good as I have been hearing??? I heard he got honorable mention all-state as a freshman last year?? Honestly I don't see a kid that young already throwing in the 90's.

What your hearing is right sir, Chandler was clocked at a Paintsville Tourney last season at 94 vs. Lewis County as a Freshman

Btw the kid is just a raw talent. He not only uses that arm in baseball he calls the plays for the Dawgs at QB.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Yeah they are. Should be the favorites this year in the region.

They will be coming into this season with all the Sr. leadership, but I'm looking for those young Dawgs with those hurlers to be right back in the 15th Region Championship where they have been for the past 2 seasons. They might be young but I think they know what it takes to get there.
I would say Logan and Hunter Crowder from Allen Central have to be two of the best in the region.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I would say Logan and Hunter Crowder from Allen Central have to be two of the best in the region.

Those two boys are good players but I've seen them about come to blows out on the field jawing with one another. I think thats what holds them back from being some of the top players in the 15th.
Triple Crown Wrote:Those two boys are good players but I've seen them about come to blows out on the field jawing with one another. I think thats what holds them back from being some of the top players in the 15th.

Yea that and they probably pitched that lefty in 3/4 of their games last year. I'm sure when its all said and done he'll have surgery as well if they don't find another pitcher to take some of the innings off of him.
What happened to Cody Parker at JC? HEARD so much about him last year but never SAW him?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea that and they probably pitched that lefty in 3/4 of their games last year. I'm sure when its all said and done he'll have surgery as well if they don't find another pitcher to take some of the innings off of him.

I don't recall the lefty pitching that much. He didn't pitch the entire month of April because of surgery.
gotcha2 Wrote:I don't recall the lefty pitching that much. He didn't pitch the entire month of April because of surgery.

Haha! So he has already had surgery?
Yeah- he ruptured his spleen- nearly bled to death and had to have his spleen removed. Real funny.
gotcha2 Wrote:Yeah- he ruptured his spleen- nearly bled to death and had to have his spleen removed. Real funny.

I wasn't laughing because of his spleen, i had no idea what kind of surgery it even was. The funny part is the fact that you have a stud pitcher that graduated last year that has been nursing himself back to health because nobody there cares enough about the kids to take care of their arms, either that or they just dont know any better.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I wasn't laughing because of his spleen, i had no idea what kind of surgery it even was. The funny part is the fact that you have a stud pitcher that graduated last year that has been nursing himself back to health because nobody there cares enough about the kids to take care of their arms, either that or they just dont know any better.

I would venture to guess that Scott's arm trouble could be a combination of those things. Not sure if he began playing at AC in 7th grade or 8th grade- but if he played in 7th grade then he had 4 coaches in 6 seasons or 3 coaches in 5 season if he didn't begin playing until 8th grade.
Triple Crown Wrote:What your hearing is right sir, Chandler was clocked at a Paintsville Tourney last season at 94 vs. Lewis County as a Freshman

Btw the kid is just a raw talent. He not only uses that arm in baseball he calls the plays for the Dawgs at QB.
Rolleyes
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It's kind of like this papaw. You probably will never see what could be. No work ethic, bad attitude, and a psycho mentality .
He has played on a few teams(about 6-7) with my son. Up until they were about 14-15. I watched nearly every practice, and every game. I still see and talk to Cody on nearly a weekly basis. I have never wittnessed the work ethic issue, He might only have put in an average amount of work, but never saw him as a slcker. His attitude can at times and has created problems, but I truly believe in this kid and think that with the right mentor he could be fine.(he has gone through and seen much more than a kid should ever have too, and never heard him complain once) Pdycho mentality,...I guess I am just not sure how you mean it....good or bad???
The Guru Wrote:He has played on a few teams(about 6-7) with my son. Up until they were about 14-15. I watched nearly every practice, and every game. I still see and talk to Cody on nearly a weekly basis. I have never wittnessed the work ethic issue, He might only have put in an average amount of work, but never saw him as a slcker. His attitude can at times and has created problems, but I truly believe in this kid and think that with the right mentor he could be fine.(he has gone through and seen much more than a kid should ever have too, and never heard him complain once) Pdycho mentality,...I guess I am just not sure how you mean it....good or bad???

How many mentors has he already went through? Sooner or later you have to stop blaming the mentor and turn the attention onto the kid and make him liable for his own actions. I understand he's had it rough, but you can only play that card so long, sooner or later you have to man up and starting taking care of business.
How old is Cody?
Definitely can't leave out Peyton Elswick from ER he had a great year last year and looks to have another great year this year.
I believe that Kimball was referring to himself as "papaw". He was joking about Parker being like him, 'you will never see what could be'.LOL
Pages: 1 2