Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Richard Hamilton now coming off the bench for the Pistons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Detroit Pistons will now start Rodney Stuckey and Allen Iverson. Rip Hamilton will be coming off the bench.

Is this a good move?
Well, I kinda think it is cause some players tend to play better off the bench. Like JR Smith. Also Wayne Chism played great off the bench for Tennessee last night. So as of right now, I think it is a good idea.
Yeah.. as of right now. My opinon could change.
I don't like this at all.

Hopefully this move doesn't drive Rip away from the team after the season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't like this at all.

Hopefully this move doesn't drive Rip away from the team after the season.

I agree. I think Iverson should come off the bench to spark the offense. Hamilton is one of the defensive leaders of the team and is and has been one of the best mid-range jump shooters in the game.

I don't like this move. I guess we will see how it works out.
Pistons have a history of making moves like this that are successful. Rip has the attitude that makes this move successful. Every successfull, or championship team has a tremendous 6th man to spark a team when they come in off the bench.
:igiveup:
I think it is a good move because you have to start AI and Stuckey. Then if you put Hamilton in the lineup he would have to play the 3 and it would move Prince to the 4, which he would be greatly undersized at. So good move.
Bad move Rip didn't go to good last night coming off the bench.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree. I think Iverson should come off the bench to spark the offense. Hamilton is one of the defensive leaders of the team and is and has been one of the best mid-range jump shooters in the game.

I don't like this move. I guess we will see how it works out.

I Believe Iverson And Rip Should Start. Stuckey Is Going To Become A good PLayer Later On, And If Hes The Talent That Everyone Says, Then PLay Him Off The Bench Like Jr Smith,

Tayshaun Prince Is The Defensive Leader Too!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I Believe Iverson And Rip Should Start. Stuckey Is Going To Become A good PLayer Later On, And If Hes The Talent That Everyone Says, Then PLay Him Off The Bench Like Jr Smith,

Tayshaun Prince Is The Defensive Leader Too!

Stuckey is showing everyone why he deserves to be in the NBA and why he deserves to start. I say you bench Iverson because he could be the big offensive spark off the bench that all great teams need to have. Remember, this is all JMO.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just telling you what I think would work best for the Pistons.
IMO it is a good move.. You need Stuckey.. and you can't bench Iverson. If you bench Iverson, it makes him seem like more of an outsider than he already is where he just came to Detroit. RIP already has the respect and confidence of the Pistons and fans so he will do fine coming off the bench. And he has a good attitude so it won't hurt him any
Hey the Spurs have Ginobli coming off the bench and they seem to be doing alright. but the Pistons still have a lot of depth so this might be a good move.
I think that this is a good move as of right now. Maybe this will spark Hamilton to try to improve on his game.

Good Luck On The Rest Of The Season Hamilton!
guyfawkes Wrote:Hey the Spurs have Ginobli coming off the bench and they seem to be doing alright. but the Pistons still have a lot of depth so this might be a good move.

Great comment and one that I was thinking of. Manu could start for most every team in the NBA. When they moved Manu, many of the same comments that we are hearing about Rip were made about Manu: "He would be upset", "He will want to leave", He's better than....". Look how it has turned out for both Manu and the Spurs. Manu is the highest paid non-starter in the NBA (though that may change as a result of Rip coming off the bench), and his numbers are as good as when he started. Manu bought into what the Spurs wanted to do and made it work. It's more a matter of Rip and if he believes that the move is right for the team. Right now it is waaaayyyy to early to tell.