Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg vs. Shelby Valley 1/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The 15th Region All-A Championship game at the Expo Center. I think Valley should win pretty handily, by 20+.

Good luck to both teams!
I think pburg will give them all they want, they seem to be playin pretty well. I could be wrong tho. Good luck to both teams
This game is the Championship of the 15th Region All "A" Classic. Friday January 23, 2009 at the East Ky Expo Center. If anyone has the time please post.
I think Valley wins this one by 15+. I hope the Blackcats can paly as a team and try to slow down the Valley offense. Prove me wrong Cats!
sv 30+
Valley by 20+
20+ is my prediction also
valley 25+
Id like to see it be a close one since it's the final game, but unfortunatly I predict Shelby Valley by 20+.
valley by 24
Question I Have Is;will Hatfield Play? If He Plays At 100%,sv By 20+
Valley by 25+
SV by 25+...
Looking at Pburg's results from the KHSAA site their scores are all over the place. They've lost to Pikeville by 2 and beat them by 19. They lost to Johnson Central by 9 and then later lost to them by 22. They beat Betsy Layne by 17, but only beat Sheldon Clark by 3. I'm not really sure what to expect from them...
Whether Hatfield plays or not, Valley is ON again, they win this by 20+.
Ill take SV by 15+ but would like to see P-Burg pull it out good luck cats!
valley by as many as they want.....i think they'll bury Pburg to prove a point to the other teams they'll be against down state
PC_You_Know Wrote:Whether Hatfield plays or not, Valley is ON again, they win this by 20+.

Exactly, watched part of the Pburg and Phelps game,I think the score was 9 to 0 after the first quarter Pburg and there was just a little over 3 minutes in the first quarter before any one scored. If this happens friday this game will probably get ugly fast. SV by 20+ :thatsfunn
I think Prestonsburg will be ready for Shelby Valley. I don't think Prestonsburg will play as bad as they did tonight. If so it will be a long night for the Blackcats but I see them steppng up and making this one a game.
Prestonsburg cannot afford to turn the ball over in this game and allow easy baskets for Valley. If Pburg can turn this one into a half-court game and limit second chance points for Valley, then they have a chance at making this a good game. I think a lot depends on the decision making of Burchett. He shows signs of a good guard at times, but at other times he looks to force things, whether that be a shot or a pass, which really can turn the momentum in a game quickly. Tincher and Patrick will need to have another good game for Pburg to have any chance. The same can be said for Stumbo, Hall, and Setser too. They gotta play smart and be ready for this mentally, because Valley has a really good team and they have the ability to put games away quickly.

Best of luck to both... Go Blackcats!
The King Wrote:Looking at Pburg's results from the KHSAA site their scores are all over the place. They've lost to Pikeville by 2 and beat them by 19. They lost to Johnson Central by 9 and then later lost to them by 22. They beat Betsy Layne by 17, but only beat Sheldon Clark by 3. I'm not really sure what to expect from them...

Prestonsburg's best games this season where against Betsy Layne, the second Pikeville game, and the Magoffin County game @ JC.

By Friday, Prestonsburg will be ready for Shelby Valley.
SV is rolling thru the All A. I would like to see the Blackcats hang in this one but it is going to take a great game from the entire Pburg team. Good luck to both and to either team that represents the 15th go do some damage and make the mountains proud.
I know I've already posted on this, but Valley plays very well at the expo, tough for mountain teams to keep up with them on the longer court.
I'll take Shelby Valley by atleast 15 points!
The King Wrote:Looking at Pburg's results from the KHSAA site their scores are all over the place. They've lost to Pikeville by 2 and beat them by 19. They lost to Johnson Central by 9 and then later lost to them by 22. They beat Betsy Layne by 17, but only beat Sheldon Clark by 3. I'm not really sure what to expect from them...

Prestonsburg has been pretty inconsistent throughout the season. I still don't think it matters if they're on or not. Valley will dominate the Blackcats unless they for some reason are not ready to play. If they have a bad game, I still say it will be a 10 or 15+ win for the Wildcats.
SV by 15
I was at the Phelps/Prestonsburg game and it took the 4-1/2 minutes to score one basket. Valley will demolish this team by whatever amount they chose. Valley usually gets a jump on teams in the first quarter and this team only scored I think 9 points in the first quarter and didn't even make it over 20 by half time. I would say Valley by 36. My MVP prediction, of course, none other that EJ himself. And I am pretty sure I heard that Ashley would be playing and Tyler Newsome may also be playing some too.
SV by as many as they want.
Shelby Valley 81-67
LadyKatFan Wrote:Valley will demolish this team by whatever amount they chose.

I remember Valley being a heavy favorite in the 2004 regional tournament and Prestonsburg ended their season.

Prestonsburg needs to play Valley as physical as possible, try to throw them off their game. If they can do this, they have a chance at winning.
Pages: 1 2 3