Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RUMOR--Big Changes For Pike Central Football 2009?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hawk Nation---HERE IS A RUMOR that has NOT been documented by anyone:

Out with the old, and in with the new.:Clap: Coach Mac has been removed as Head Ball Coach @ P.C and replaced by Coach Chapman (Breathitt Co.). :thumpsup: :wenumber1 :letsparty :runtouchd

P.S. Let's here from the Hawk Nation !
So it is official, Chapman left Breathitt?
My Source told me that Coach Chapman has been hired for the job.
I heard that this evening, but still a rumor until it is made official by the school.
I say your source is right. Will he leave immediately?
That's true, but this is from a source that should know.
HAWKMAN Wrote:My Source told me that Coach Chapman has been hired for the job.

Was this a reliable source?
I'm not sure when.
I'd bet my life on it.
HAWKMAN Wrote:I'd bet my life on it.

I'd would almost bet mine too, but im a wimp lol.
Will this move bring a all out passing attack or the running offense B.C. ran last year?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Will this move bring a all out passing attack or the running offense B.C. ran last year?

Chapman was the D-coordinator, not the offensive one. You will get one heck of a coach though.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Chapman was the D-coordinator, not the offensive one. You will get one heck of a coach though.
I know the name.I was just wondering what Offense he would bring.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I know the name.I was just wondering what Offense he would bring.

It's untelling i would think. I say he will have to wait and see what he will have to work with.
I think he will be alright. PC was pretty young. I guess this opens the door for mcnamee to be at pikeville
what was really wrong with the old coach
Chapman will run a little of both run and pass. The bobcat will miss him that is for sure. He is a D coach and one of the best in eastern ky. Now dont get me wrong he knows the offense side to. You can not be a good defense coach without knowing how the offense works. JMO
kymom Wrote:Chapman will run a little of both run and pass. The bobcat will miss him that is for sure. He is a D coach and one of the best in eastern ky. Now dont get me wrong he knows the offense side to. You can not be a good defense coach without knowing how the offense works. JMO

Very True!!!
So is it safe to say we will be not seeing the usuall Hawk offense?
Real Badman Wrote:So is it safe to say we will be not seeing the usuall Hawk offense?

most likely new coach usually means he brings his own stuff in
This is a rumor....If you have source, name it.

You are messing with people's lives and jobs.
To be very honest about the situation @ PCCHS, and I do not want to violate any guideline here, but PCCHS has been plaqued, in their athletic department, with the lack of the team concept. Too many individuals (student athletes) with big egos. Let look at Belfry for example...when you here their athletes talk, especially football, they talk team and what is good for the team.
This is what is needed at PCCHS. Hopefully Coach Chapman will bring this concept to the athletes. In my experience a "D" minded coach brings this with him in the sport of football. It takes 11 athletes working together to go 3 and out.
On a second thought. The new coach must use the coaching talent within the school itself. IMO, there is slim pickings on that point. Coach needs some old school coaches that bring in concepts such as: Pride, Dedication, Sacrifice, Discipline and especially Loyality.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:This is a rumor....If you have source, name it.

You are messing with people's lives and jobs.

With all due respect, if I had some hot information that I wanted to share anonymously I would NEVER reveal my source.

I understand completely that it is necessary to keep rumors off here, but at the same time if you want the opportunity for news to break before hand you have to realize that posters should not be expected to give up their source by name.

Maybe a protocol that before something like this be posted a moderator must be informed privately?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:With all due respect, if I had some hot information that I wanted to share anonymously I would NEVER reveal my source.

I understand completely that it is necessary to keep rumors off here, but at the same time if you want the opportunity for news to break before hand you have to realize that posters should not be expected to give up their source by name.

Maybe a protocol that before something like this be posted a moderator must be informed privately?

I think the point that Fox is trying to make, and he can correct me if I am wrong, is that these are people's lives, families, etc. Until there is a source who is willing to be named that is reliable, we should note that this is simply a rumor, nothing more, nothing less!
PHS95 Wrote:I think the point that Fox is trying to make, and he can correct me if I am wrong, is that these are people's lives, families, etc. Until there is a source who is willing to be named that is reliable, we should note that this is simply a rumor, nothing more, nothing less!

it is noted in the thead title "RUMOR"
PHS95 Wrote:I think the point that Fox is trying to make, and he can correct me if I am wrong, is that these are people's lives, families, etc. Until there is a source who is willing to be named that is reliable, we should note that this is simply a rumor, nothing more, nothing less!

No doubt..I understand that completely... but I think there is a better way to validate the credibility of one of these "Rumors" before they are posted aside from simply demanding the source.

All "rumor" threads should be kept off the board until a moderator and the original poster have an anonymous exchange to validate sources. There is no need for someone to be asked to publicly reveal their source, as much as there is no need for ubstantiated rumors to be put out for all to see.
canoeman06 Wrote:it is noted in the thead title "RUMOR"

I was responding to the post of EKU about naming a source.... the original thread title did not have rumor in it, I don't believe! Smile
EKUAlum05 Wrote:No doubt..I understand that completely... but I think there is a better way to validate the credibility of one of these "Rumors" ebfore they are posted aside from simply demanding the source.

Oh, I agree.... I just know too well how rumors and innuendo can fuel a fire. I think noting it as a rumor until it can be confirmed, though should be sufficient.... intelligent people know to take some things with a grain of salt before there is confirmation issued!
PHS95 Wrote:Oh, I agree.... I just know too well how rumors and innuendo can fuel a fire. I think noting it as a rumor until it can be confirmed, though should be sufficient.... intelligent people know to take some things with a grain of salt before there is confirmation issued!

Wink Gotya...I agree.
Coach Chapman to Pike County Central is the rumor I heard yesterday also. My oldest son played for him and loved it. But the players will practice like they never have before.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6