Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Co. Central 89 - Powell Co. 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Knott Co. Central 25 26 16 22 89

Powell Co. 11 7 15 9 42

Knott Co. Central (14-5) -- S. Stamper 15, Cox 14, Ratliff 8, Amburgey 4, Mullins 8, Bartrum 6, Davis 4, L. Hall 2, Slone 11, T. Hall 4, Sparkman 6, Adams 7.
Powell Co. (1-14) -- Creech 6, Monnett 4, Reed 11, Goodwin 7, Conner 4, Mays 4, Nolan 4, Scott 2.
Ah yes, another loss for Powell. This isn't very surprising. I can see why Conley and Bill both quit. I wouldn't wanna get embarrassed any more either. But hey, I guess with such an all-star coach, they're gonna have a big turn around after this game and win out. At least, that's what all the Powell fans will say. Lets hear all the excuses that the Powell fans have.
No surprises here. Congrats Pats!
Congrats KCC!
What is KCC record this year so far?
Keep your heads up Powell. Good Job KCC.
I just don't get all you people getting on here and running your jaws about coach Hall. First who else wanted this job thats much better. 2nd I don't care if Coach K COACHED POWELL CO. this season they still would going to win 5 or 6 games teams have to rebuild and thats what Powell Co. is doing this season. So when you run Coach Hall off and get another coach next season don't get on here if they have a losing season either.
JackFrost Wrote:What is KCC record this year so far?

Looks like KCC is 14-5.
Luigi#2 Wrote:Ah yes, another loss for Powell. This isn't very surprising. I can see why Conley and Bill both quit. I wouldn't wanna get embarrassed any more either. But hey, I guess with such an all-star coach, they're gonna have a big turn around after this game and win out. At least, that's what all the Powell fans will say. Lets hear all the excuses that the Powell fans have.

Noone is making excuses. Knott County is a very good team and Powell is very young. Most of the game there were 3 freshman and 2 sophomores on the floor. I would rather lose with a team that wants to play and plays with heart than to win with all the senior quitters in the world.

Also noone is saying they will turn around and win out. Powell probably won't win another game, but in the long run this season will make them better ballplayers and better young men because they stuck it out.
keep this effort up kcc
Congrats Kcc
congrats to the pats
great job kcc
Congrats KCC
Let me say one thing. The reason Billy Rice and Jon Conley quit is because they are simply quiters. Any time you give up because the going gets tough then you are simply a quiter. This brings their athlete status down several notches. You don't quit on your team, your fans, your school and your county just because you are facing difficult times. This is sad, but hey this is all this group of seniors knows to do, when in doubt, QUIT. Now I guess Billy can concetrate on football, and Conley can go back to his girlfriend.
Luigi#2 Wrote:Ah yes, another loss for Powell. This isn't very surprising. I can see why Conley and Bill both quit. I wouldn't wanna get embarrassed any more either. But hey, I guess with such an all-star coach, they're gonna have a big turn around after this game and win out. At least, that's what all the Powell fans will say. Lets hear all the excuses that the Powell fans have.
I have been reading your post and you are very negative toward Coach Hall. I bet you have never played anorganized sport. Just because your friends play and quit doesn't mean you know what is going on with the team. Give Coach Hall a chance. Do you think you could do a better job with this team?
UKLover Wrote:Let me say one thing. The reason Billy Rice and Jon Conley quit is because they are simply quiters. Any time you give up because the going gets tough then you are simply a quiter. This brings their athlete status down several notches. You don't quit on your team, your fans, your school and your county just because you are facing difficult times. This is sad, but hey this is all this group of seniors knows to do, when in doubt, QUIT. Now I guess Billy can concetrate on football, and Conley can go back to his girlfriend.

Could'nt have said it better myself. With Crowe and Hawkins quitting earlier and then these guys quitting now to me shows their true colors.
yeah powell will only get better..as long as they keep playing hard and playing good teams they should come out and be tough next year with more experience
Powell might win against Riverside, But who knows. If Powell wants to win they will. But if they play like they don't care. Riverside will come out on top. Come on pirates get atleast one more win for the season.
Powell could have had a decent year this year but they have lost all of what would have been their starting five in: Brewer, Crowe, Hawkins, Rice, and Conley. Plus a couple decent players to come off the bench like Rose and Frailey. Its sad for the fans, school, and the program.
I wish Powell the best of luck the rest of the season hopefully they show up against Riverside but other than that I just dont see any more that they can win
glad to see everyone scoring for kcc