Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps 56 - Shelby Valley 45 All 'A'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shelby Valley 13 11 13 8 45

Phelps 19 11 13 13 56

15th Region All "A" Classic
Semifinals at East Kentucky Expo Center
Shelby Valley (10-5) -- Perkins 5, Sawyers 2, Coleman 12, Swindell 22, Smallwood 1, Mullins 3.
Phelps (10-3) -- Whitt 6, Hall 11, Riley 19, Ratliff 2, Pruitt 15, Wolford 3.

http://www.kentucky.com
Big Congrats to our mighty Lady Hornets a well deserved WIN,Way to go girls were very proud of u,now stay strong and bring us another win Friday!!!:notworthy :Thumbs:
Congrats to Phelps, nice game
Very disappointing performance by Valley.
But congrats. Phelps.
it was a great game,
both teams played hard but phelps apparently just wanted it more Wink
congrats hornets, i hope we come out on top in the championship:1:
Congrats Phelps.
HECK YEAH!
Phelps won!
it was a fantastic game for the lady hornets!

Can't wait to see what happenes Friday!
good game phelps. valley miss to many free throw. and in my opinion the refs were a little bias tonight
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:good game phelps. valley miss to many free throw. and in my opinion the refs were a little bias tonight
In my opinion they wasn't
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:good game phelps. valley miss to many free throw. and in my opinion the refs were a little bias tonight
i think that the refs called pretty fair tonight except for a few bad calls on BOTH sides.
Good job Coach VanHoose and the rest of the Hornets on a job well done. Best of luck in the finals!

Would have liked to see SV win, but missed free throws and lack of outside scoring is what beat SV, not the refs so please don't make excuses. Sad
Congrats Lady Hornets!
justabballfan Wrote:Would have liked to see SV win, but missed free throws and lack of outside scoring is what beat SV, not the refs so please don't make excuses. Sad

Exactly! Congratulations Lady Hornets and Coach Vanhoose.
Great Game Lady Hornets!

SV Missed Alot Of Shots Tonight, Hurt Them Alot.

But Very Proud Of Phelps, I Hope They Go All The Way To State!
Congrats Lady Hornets! Nice work....:thumpsup:
i stand corrected, i thought we would be able to beat them, but my hat is off to phelps. they were cool, calm, and collected under fire. i bragged on swindell and maybe a little too premature because she is doing a lot of scoring but it seems to me we are not as good of a team with her as we were without her. maybe they will get it together before the 15th region tournament. i would have sworn we would win the all A. again, my hat is off, good job phelps.
Good game on both sides...Shelby Valley has classy fans and excellent programs. As a Hornet fan, I respect them a great deal!!!!
This was the first time I watched both these teams play this year and I would have to say Phelps deserved it, and that's coming from a former SV player. SV isn't the team they used to be. Where was the heart and intensity? They didn't play together and didn't even look like they wanted to win. Where was the hussle, SV used to dive on loose balls and make every pocession count. Come on girls I know you got it in you, pull it together, get your heart back for the 15th Region, you're gonna need it. As far as the game goes, Phelps, congratulations, you all did well. Valley needed an outside scorer bad, Mini K would have been a big help in this game. And free throws, no need to miss the give me shots guys, practice those, they will definately help in the long run. But keep your heads up, you guys can win the 15th, you just have to get your heart back in the game.
Congrats Phelps
LuvSV Wrote:i stand corrected, i thought we would be able to beat them, but my hat is off to phelps. they were cool, calm, and collected under fire. i bragged on swindell and maybe a little too premature because she is doing a lot of scoring but it seems to me we are not as good of a team with her as we were without her. maybe they will get it together before the 15th region tournament. i would have sworn we would win the all A. again, my hat is off, good job phelps.
i agree, swindell seemed like she wasnt playing team ball last night. Every time she got the ball, all she did was go 4 the basket, and even though she made most of the shots, maybe if she would have passed it around more, it might have been a closer game. Now i'm not saying that she cant play ball because IMO she is a very talented ball player and she will be a big help 2 SV next year, all i'm saying is maybe she should've passed it around more and gave the other girls a chance 2 show there talent.
Another excellent ball player from SV is Perkins, not only can she she shoot and handle the ball, she came out last night like she wanted 2 win and she played hard. So SV, keep practiceing and you guys will click, and congrats hornets Big Grin
phsballer Wrote:i agree, swindell seemed like she wasnt playing team ball last night. Every time she got the ball, all she did was go 4 the basket, and even though she made most of the shots, maybe if she would have passed it around more, it might have been a closer game. Now i'm not saying that she cant play ball because IMO she is a very talented ball player and she will be a big help 2 SV next year, all i'm saying is maybe she should've passed it around more and gave the other girls a chance 2 show there talent.

Very good point being made here. You along with another member has brought this up in this thread. Swindell can shoots the lights out of it from the block but anyone can bank shot in one right after another when there is hardly anyone size wise there to contend it. BUT having one player putting up those numbers game after game will not win get you to win them all. Sure 20+ points is impressive but one single player cannot try to carry each and every game on their own.

Congratulations to the Hornets. Impressive win and it sounds like the team is coming together just as they should be. I was looking for this Hornet team since the summer and they are finally here.
LuvSV Wrote:i stand corrected, i thought we would be able to beat them, but my hat is off to phelps. they were cool, calm, and collected under fire. i bragged on swindell and maybe a little too premature because she is doing a lot of scoring but it seems to me we are not as good of a team with her as we were without her. maybe they will get it together before the 15th region tournament. i would have sworn we would win the all A. again, my hat is off, good job phelps.

I have to disagree on this one, if it was not for the swindell girl this game would have got ugly. Other girls had chances to score but were afraid to shoot or just flat out missed open shots. Not for sure but I think she was the only one that had a decent night at the free throw line to, so don't tell me they would be better without her. A little more hustle on D probably wouldn't hurt things at all, something I sure didn't see it last night. :yikes:
Did the Cantrell girl play? If she is hitting from outside, I think the outcome of this game could have been different.
Nice win for the Lady Hornets. I believe they are proving themselves to this region every game. The hornets wanted it more, they faught hard and didn't give up until time ran out. They played hard the whole game and that's what it's going to take! Valley was a good team nothing to hang their heads about but I don't think the Lady Hornets was going to let anyone beat them last night. I really like the tempo Valley brings on the offensive side, pushing the ball up the court, they will beat a lot of teams with that this year. Congrats Hornets!
phsballer Wrote:i agree, swindell seemed like she wasnt playing team ball last night. Every time she got the ball, all she did was go 4 the basket, and even though she made most of the shots, maybe if she would have passed it around more, it might have been a closer game. Now i'm not saying that she cant play ball because IMO she is a very talented ball player and she will be a big help 2 SV next year, all i'm saying is maybe she should've passed it around more and gave the other girls a chance 2 show there talent.
Another excellent ball player from SV is Perkins, not only can she she shoot and handle the ball, she came out last night like she wanted 2 win and she played hard. So SV, keep practiceing and you guys will click, and congrats hornets Big Grin
Are you guys serious! Swindall took the highest percentage shots on the floor and made a good %age of them. You don't pass the ball out of the paint if you have the shot and you certainly take the shot. The other girls have their chance, when you drive to rim, TAKE the shot don't pass the ball to someone that's fighting for rebounding position, it ends up with a lost opportunity.
thetribe Wrote:Very good point being made here. You along with another member has brought this up in this thread. Swindell can shoots the lights out of it from the block but anyone can bank shot in one right after another when there is hardly anyone size wise there to contend it. BUT having one player putting up those numbers game after game will not win get you to win them all. Sure 20+ points is impressive but one single player cannot try to carry each and every game on their own.

Congratulations to the Hornets. Impressive win and it sounds like the team is coming together just as they should be. I was looking for this Hornet team since the summer and they are finally here.

Excellent point. And, yes, congratulations Hornets.
swindell is not a ball hog and...she got the ball and shoud shoot it...she passes when she knows she should..she helps valley alot on both ends

but congrats phelps good luck in the championship..

Before you point out a player on SV teams you need to know what you are talking about. Brittany is a big part of this team. She played a great game. She is doing exactly what the coaching staff is asking her to do. RR has to get on to her to shot the ball. By the way Brooke coleman took just as many shots as Brittany. Laura Perkins took ten shots.

The bottom line is SV didn't do the little things to win the ball game. SV got exactly what they wanted on the offensive end. They didn't rebound, get loose balls, or make free throws.
bottom line, call it anything you want to, we were a better team last year than this year. we have added a 20 point scorer to our lineup and may have messed our chemistry up. didn't we beat phelps handily this summer and they have already beat us twice this year.
Pages: 1 2