Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Better NBA player- Meeks or Patterson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it will be Meeks mainly because I think It will be hard for Patterson to compete with guys like rasheed, amare, bosh, duncan, garnett, dirk, brand and west. He's not bigger then those players or more athletic. If he wants to be a good power forward in the NBA he will have to work alot on his mid and outside game.
It's all about systems. It's not easy predicting how a player will do in the pro's. If either of them land on the right team that fits the style of game that they play and they can get featured plays designed for them, they both can be successfull. You see it happen every year, big names become duds, no-names become stars. It's not as simple as that. The no-names wind up someplace that allows their skills to be maximized.
Stardust Wrote:It's all about systems. It's not easy predicting how a player will do in the pro's. If either of them land on the right team that fits the style of game that they play and they can get featured plays designed for them, they both can be successfull. You see it happen every year, big names become duds, no-names become stars. It's not as simple as that. The no-names wind up someplace that allows their skills to be maximized.

I think Patterson's game kinda resembles chris webbers game though. Hes a good passer, plays above the rim an he can hit that shot like webber always did from up around the free throw line but I havn't seen pat hit many other jumpers from other spots on the floor.
TheONLY1 Wrote:I think Patterson's game kinda resembles chris webbers game though. Hes a good passer, plays above the rim an he can hit that shot like webber always did from up around the free throw line but I havn't seen pat hit many other jumpers from other spots on the floor.

Can't put the ball on the floor like C.Webber.
Stardust Wrote:It's all about systems. It's not easy predicting how a player will do in the pro's. If either of them land on the right team that fits the style of game that they play and they can get featured plays designed for them, they both can be successfull. You see it happen every year, big names become duds, no-names become stars. It's not as simple as that. The no-names wind up someplace that allows their skills to be maximized.

I agree 100% with this. It all depends on the situation that these two will be put in.
With them playing different positions no one could know
mightydog Wrote:Can't put the ball on the floor like C.Webber.

Your right he would have to improve in that aspect of the game
Meeks
TheONLY1 Wrote:I think it will be Meeks mainly because I think It will be hard for Patterson to compete with guys like rasheed, amare, bosh, duncan, garnett, dirk, brand and west. He's not bigger then those players or more athletic. If he wants to be a good power forward in the NBA he will have to work alot on his mid and outside game.

And Meeks will have to compete against Kobe, LeBron, Dwyane Wade, Brandon Roy, Michael Redd, Ray Allen, and players like that. IMO Jodie Meeks will get drafted very late and just be sitting the bench. Patterson on the other hand will be a mid 1st round pick, and I think he will be a very good player in the pros in a couple years after he adapts to the different style of game the NBA is. I don't care how many points Meeks scores, he won't be doing that against NBA defenders.
runninrebs21 Wrote:And Meeks will have to compete against Kobe, LeBron, Dwyane Wade, Brandon Roy, Michael Redd, Ray Allen, and players like that. IMO Jodie Meeks will get drafted very late and just be sitting the bench. Patterson on the other hand will be a mid 1st round pick, and I think he will be a very good player in the pros in a couple years after he adapts to the different style of game the NBA is. I don't care how many points Meeks scores, he won't be doing that against NBA defenders.

I hope they both do great in the NBA.
FBALL Wrote:Meeks

Care to elaborate? Just curious.
I'm gonna go with Meeks because he can flat out shoot the ball, takes some bad shots, but everyone does that. Patterson will have to improve a few aspects of his game if he wants to be a stand out in the NBA.
meeks
I can't tell really, maybe if they BOTH come back next season I can get a better idea Big Grin
IRISH4 Wrote:I can't tell really, maybe if they BOTH come back next season I can get a better idea Big Grin

If they are smart, they will. They will have a supporting cast next year, that will help propel them back into the national spotlight. They should be a top 10 team next year, and that will help their NBA stock..