Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is the Apple Bowl Over?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard a rumor that they finally got rid of the Apple Bowl, which is a rivalry game between Johnson Central High School and Paintsville High School. Does anyone know anything about this?
Whats so bad about? Ya Johnson central kills paintsville, But who cares! Its like taking the detriot lions out of thanksgiving!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I heard a rumor that they finally got rid of the Apple Bowl, which is a rivalry game between Johnson Central High School and Paintsville High School. Does anyone know anything about this?

It is true JC and Paintsvile will not play in 2009.
Old School Wrote:It is true JC and Paintsvile will not play in 2009.

Didn't Paintsville decide to stop it?
Amped 88 Wrote:Didn't Paintsville decide to stop it?

The quality of JC's athletic programs have finally got to where they should be and Pantsville can just not compete anymore and raised the white flag. I do not know what they will do in basketball or baseball, they will have to play JC.

A great traditon and money maker for both schools and will be missed by the fans.
I was just wondering. The only reason I could think of both teams of continuing this rivalry (for at least now) is to make more money. I felt horrible for the Paintsville coach and players. I'm guessing they dreaded this game every year.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I was just wondering. The only reason I could think of both teams of continuing this rivalry (for at least now) is to make more money. I felt horrible for the Paintsville coach and players. I'm guessing they dreaded this game every year.

The old players and alums enjoyed it. Other than money no reason to play this game, JC's program just on another level.