Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Top Ten?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that we are a little farther into the season, what are your thoughts on the 15th region top ten? I'll post mine later...
ImagineThat! Wrote:Now that we are a little farther into the season, what are your thoughts on the 15th region top ten? I'll post mine later...

what teams are in the 15th?
I hope you're kidding.:confused:

In case you're not, here they are:

57th District: Johnson Central, Paintsville, Magoffin County, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County
58th District: Betsy Layne, Allen Central, South Floyd, Prestonsburg, Piarist
59th (Super-District): Belfry, Pike Central, Phelps, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, East Ridge
ImagineThat! Wrote:I hope you're kidding.:confused:

In case you're not, here they are:

57th District: Johnson Central, Paintsville, Magoffin County, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence County
58th District: Betsy Layne, Allen Central, South Floyd, Prestonsburg, Piarist
59th (Super-District): Belfry, Pike Central, Phelps, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, East Ridge

HAHA well i knew most of them but i wanted an accurate list. lol.

mine is:
1.) Phelps
2.) Johnson Central
3.) Paintsville
4.) Sheldon Clark
5.) Shelby Valley
6.) Betsy Layne
7.) Allen Central
8.) Prestonsburg
9.) Pike Central
10.) Magoffin County
I think that JC is the best team in the region.
Here are my top ten...

1. Johnson Central
2. Paintsville
3. Phelps
4. Magoffin County
5. Shelby Valley
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Betsy Layne
8. Pike County Central
9. Pikeville
10. Lawrence County

With some breaks and a little momentum, I think that it is possible (not probable) for any of the top 7 or 8 to win the region.
.) Phelps
2.) Shelby Valley
3.) Johnson Central
4.) Paintsville
5.) Sheldon Clark
6.) Betsy Layne
7.) Magoffin Co
8.) Prestonsburg
9.) Pike Central
10.) Allen Central
Dave Cantrall's computer sees it like this:

1. Johnson Central 70.4
2. Paintsville 66.6
3. Magoffin Co 60.7
4. Phelps 60.6
5. Shelby Valley 59.9
6. Betsy Layne 58.3
7. Pike Central 58.2
7. Sheldon Clark 58.2
9. Lawrence Co. 53.2
10. East Ridge 50.0
When JC is healthy and playing up to thier potential no one is close in the 57th and JC should make a hard run on the state title.
The King Wrote:Dave Cantrall's computer sees it like this:

1. Johnson Central 70.4
2. Paintsville 66.6
3. Magoffin Co 60.7
4. Phelps 60.6
5. Shelby Valley 59.9
6. Betsy Layne 58.3
7. Pike Central 58.2
7. Sheldon Clark 58.2
9. Lawrence Co. 53.2
10. East Ridge 50.0

I definitely have never liked rankings being determined by formulas but this one brings up some very interesting points with #3 and #4 and #6-#8 running neck to neck. I think it is the best computer calculated rankings that I have seen so far.

Also, I would put East Ridge in the top 10 in the region. If anyone saw the games against Valley, Pike Central, and Pikeville then they should agree. They may have not won the games but without a doubt in my mind they could have won all three of those games. Hopefully they start turning the season back around and show everyone just what kind of team they are.
y didnt ne one put SF in there???? They are better than Prestonsburg and Allen Central.
The King Wrote:Dave Cantrall's computer sees it like this:

1. Johnson Central 70.4
2. Paintsville 66.6
3. Magoffin Co 60.7
4. Phelps 60.6
5. Shelby Valley 59.9
6. Betsy Layne 58.3
7. Pike Central 58.2
7. Sheldon Clark 58.2
9. Lawrence Co. 53.2
10. East Ridge 50.0

What is this!?! Is this something like the BCS system used in college football? DOWN WITH THE BCS SYSTEM!!!!

At first, I was disappointed with Johnson Central, but they've proven themselves as the best in the region by comfortably defeating Magoffin County and Pike County Central (compared to their close win and loss earlier in the year).

I agree with this, but Pike Central should be in Betsy Layne's spot. Also, Paintsville is closer than 3.8 points of being #1. (more like 1 point, they're very close of being put as #1 for me.)