Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps vs. Betsy Layne All A classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think? I think it will be a great game...BL can really play defense and they have played one of the toughest schedules in the regoin
Phelps by at least 10,they have too many different options to use against BL
I believe Phelps should pull this one out. They're going to be really focused and ready to win. Phelps by +5. It's going to be a great game to watch!
BL by at least 8 pts. They have played well lately and a tough schedule.
Phelps-66
BL-54
Phelps by 10+
I would like to see BL pull this one out.
Phelps big..go hornets
I'm going with Betsy Layne in this one. Their defensive press will be too smothering for the Lady Hornets. Megan Hamilton and Taylor Hott will prove too much on the offensive end. I'll say the Lady Cats win by 10.

Good luck to both teams!
Phelps by 9
well, we'll all find out tomorrow!
I think everyone should come and watch this game Saturday at 4. My opinion is that it will be a great game. Phelps has an abudance of talent over there and Betsy Layne has a great defense with some outstanding players. It is true Betsy Layne has played a very tough schedule and they played solid against a tough Letcher County Central team this past week.
If you want to use that team as a measuring stick, LCC beat Phelps by 24 and LCC beat Betsy Layne by 14. So, I will take BL by 10!.....but in the 15th region you can not use previous games, and it changes alot when you are playing at the Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center.
I wish both teams and coaches the best of luck tomorrow and for the remainder of their season.
Ultimate Fan Wrote:I think everyone should come and watch this game Saturday at 4. My opinion is that it will be a great game. Phelps has an abudance of talent over there and Betsy Layne has a great defense with some outstanding players. It is true Betsy Layne has played a very tough schedule and they played solid against a tough Letcher County Central team this past week.
If you want to use that team as a measuring stick, LCC beat Phelps by 24 and LCC beat Betsy Layne by 14. So, I will take BL by 10!.....but in the 15th region you can not use previous games, and it changes alot when you are playing at the Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center.
I wish both teams and coaches the best of luck tomorrow and for the remainder of their season.

i have a problem with that. phelps had a tough game against LCC, i admit that. but honestly, that was one of their first games, and they didn't have the addition of kayla ratliff. they didn't really know how to connect then, but now they are connecting really well. i'd love to see another match up between LCC and phelps, just to see what difference it would be. anything could happen tomorrow, and you are right, you cannot really use previous games because all teams are going to be at their best to win!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I'm going with Betsy Layne in this one. Their defensive press will be too smothering for the Lady Hornets. Megan Hamilton and Taylor Hott will prove too much on the offensive end. I'll say the Lady Cats win by 10.

Good luck to both teams!

OMG this is too funny of a post,obviously you have not watched the Lady Hornets play, They would like nothing more than for BL to press them.the would run the score up real fast before BL knew what happened.And if all you have is 1 offensive threat.......STAY HOME !!!!!!! I have watched BL play several games and was not impressed the least bit. Hopefully the Lady Hornets will make it quick and painless :lmao:
HORNET POWER Wrote:OMG this is too funny of a post,obviously you have not watched the Lady Hornets play, They would like nothing more than for BL to press them.the would run the score up real fast before BL knew what happened.And if all you have is 1 offensive threat.......STAY HOME !!!!!!! I have watched BL play several games and was not impressed the least bit. Hopefully the Lady Hornets will make it quick and painless :lmao:

Yeah they might as well not play the game tomorrow. Hornet Power has warned all of you that this game will not be worth watching.Rolleyes Give me a break.

I have indeed not watched Phelps play. But, You don't have much of an argument on why Phelps will "win so easily" so I will stick with my pick.
I will take Betsy Layne in this game. They always play great defense and have played a very tough schedule. They also have several offensive threats! NOT just one. I think it will be a good game but I don't believe Phelps will come out on top.
wildcatfan01 Wrote:I will take Betsy Layne in this game. They always play great defense and have played a very tough schedule. They also have several offensive threats! NOT just one. I think it will be a good game but I don't believe Phelps will come out on top.

Exactly my point.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Yeah they might as well not play the game tomorrow. Hornet Power has warned all of you that this game will not be worth watching.Rolleyes Give me a break.

I have indeed not watched Phelps play. But, You don't have much of an argument on why Phelps will "win so easily" so I will stick with my pick.

If you would have read all the posts you would have seen my earlier post,the Lady Hornets just have too many options to use against BL,let them press, use the zone,man to man, they can beat anybody in the region 30 + except maybe Paintsville or JC , they build a big lead and put the b-team in,BL may stay close but when it counts they'll pull away
This game will stay close in the 1st half, however the 2nd half of the game Phelps will control the tempo and pull away. If you have not watched Phelps play then you need too they are an offensive powerhouse. I believe if Phelps comes out and play like they are capable of then this tourny should not be a problem. Too many weapons for BL to handle....Phelps by 10+
I havent watched BL play, but i've heard they are pretty good. This should be a VERY good game 2 watch.
I'll take Phelps by 5+
Are they streaming this anywhere?
anyone know any updates for this one yet?
I think Phelps by +8
BL is a good team but is overrated in my opinion.
Already a thread started on the final of this game.

This one is closed.