Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 45 - East Ridge 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville wins over East Ridge on a last second shot by Clark....
sounds like a great game
It was a nailbiter. Probably the closest game I've saw since East Ridge's play in region many moons ago.
East Ridge needs to work on their rebounding with the big guy.
Plus,they need to know you can never give up.
They did get their heads out of the game quite a bit tonight. I think they also need to work on feeding the ball in the paint. Their big men are going to give up if they are working and working underneath and not getting even a touch. They definitely did not utilize McClanahan tonight.
Big Three by Gatlin as time expired. Tyler Baker played a great game for Pikeville, and is playing a role that will help the Panthers out throughout the year.
stats?
Congrats Panthers! Nice win!
http://www.kentucky.com/601/story/613193...PIorderBy=

Pikeville 7 14 8 16 45

East Ridge 8 11 12 13 44

Pikeville (9-6) -- Burchett 6, Baker 8, Clevenger 18, Clark 7, Keene 4, Rowe 2.
East Ridge (9-7) -- Fields 15, Williams 5, Lawson 1, McClanahan 4, Meade 9, Thacker 8
thetribe Wrote:They did get their heads out of the game quite a bit tonight. I think they also need to work on feeding the ball in the paint. Their big men are going to give up if they are working and working underneath and not getting even a touch. They definitely did not utilize McClanahan tonight.

Just an observation, but ER plays better when they can get out and run instead of force-feeding the basketball to McClanahan at this point in the year. McClanahan will improve. Last night, he stood still on the right block too much, giving Pikeville's defense an easy pick or deflection the entire game. Plus, the guards were putting the ball at his knees...If McClanahan would work up and down the lane, set a pick & roll, or just post up with more cushion between him and basketball where guards could lob it to him as he moves to hoop, he'll have more success.

Big win for Pikeville, 2-0 in the district. But at this point, with the superdistrict stuff going on this season, it looks as if all 3 59th teams will be in the regional and Phelps will come out of the 60th. But things can change!
2-0 in district?
What year is McClanahan in and how tall is he?
Pretty good win for the Panthers, congrats! I still think East Ridge should have won this game.
great game

good luck to both teams in the future
This Was A Close One
Good Game Both Ways
jammin' jamey Wrote:Just an observation, but ER plays better when they can get out and run instead of force-feeding the basketball to McClanahan at this point in the year. McClanahan will improve. Last night, he stood still on the right block too much, giving Pikeville's defense an easy pick or deflection the entire game. Plus, the guards were putting the ball at his knees...If McClanahan would work up and down the lane, set a pick & roll, or just post up with more cushion between him and basketball where guards could lob it to him as he moves to hoop, he'll have more success.

Big win for Pikeville, 2-0 in the district. But at this point, with the superdistrict stuff going on this season, it looks as if all 3 59th teams will be in the regional and Phelps will come out of the 60th. But things can change!
Pikeville is 2-1 in the district. They lost to Shelby Valley at Pikeville. I listened to this game on the radio, it sounded like a nail biter. Congrats to Pikeville on a big win.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Big win for Pikeville, 2-0 in the district. But at this point, with the superdistrict stuff going on this season, it looks as if all 3 59th teams will be in the regional and Phelps will come out of the 60th. But things can change!

BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Pikeville is 2-1 in the district. They lost to Shelby Valley at Pikeville. I listened to this game on the radio, it sounded like a nail biter. Congrats to Pikeville on a big win.

Actually, I believe you're both wrong. Pikeville is either 1-1 or 1-2 in district, depending on how you look at it. They lost to SV and beat ER, which puts them 1-1 against last year's 59th district rivals. If you lump in games against what used to be the 60th, they would be 1-2, since they also lost to Phelps.

By the way, how are they seeding the "super-district" thing? Are they looking at all games between intra-county competition, then seeding 1-6 based on those games? Or would there be two separate brackets for each of the former districts, with each side seeded 1-3, then having the winners of each bracket meet for the district title? This is all really confusing. Sad
KHSAA says that Pikeville is 1-1 in district play but I don't know how the redistricting would factored in, you would think that it would be automatically but apparently not?
More Cowbell Wrote:Actually, I believe you're both wrong. Pikeville is either 1-1 or 1-2 in district, depending on how you look at it. They lost to SV and beat ER, which puts them 1-1 against last year's 59th district rivals. If you lump in games against what used to be the 60th, they would be 1-2, since they also lost to Phelps.

By the way, how are they seeding the "super-district" thing? Are they looking at all games between intra-county competition, then seeding 1-6 based on those games? Or would there be two separate brackets for each of the former districts, with each side seeded 1-3, then having the winners of each bracket meet for the district title? This is all really confusing. Sad
Pikeville should be 1-1. Win vs. ER Loss vs. SV

The tournament will be from my understanding

59th #2 vs. 60th #3 (Not sure how the bye will work but will assume) Winner vs. 60th #1
60th #2 vs. 59th #3 Winner vs. 59th #1
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville should be 1-1. Win vs. ER Loss vs. SV

The tournament will be from my understanding

59th #2 vs. 60th #3 (Not sure how the bye will work but will assume) Winner vs. 60th #1
60th #2 vs. 59th #3 Winner vs. 59th #1

Thanks for clearing that up.

It would appear then that since the top 4 teams from super-district go to region, that the two #1 seeds will automatically be advancing no matter what. And the losers of the two opening round games will be two left out.

In this case, I will agree that all three teams from the 59th should advance. Phelps should be the #1 seed from the 60th, but both ER and Pikeville should be able to win their opening round games, whether they are playing Belfry or Pike Central.