Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Where will Bert Browne be next Season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard coach Browne is next in line for the Louisville St. X job since Coach Glaser has lost to Trinity the past 10 years when it counts. Good luck coach, its about time you got some ATHLETES to work with. :rockon: :rockon:
Hitman7 Wrote:I heard coach Browne is next in line for the Louisville St. X job since Coach Glaser has lost to Trinity the past 10 years when it counts. Good luck coach, its about time you got some ATHLETES to work with. :rockon: :rockon:

Perry Central
Hitman7 Wrote:I heard coach Browne is next in line for the Louisville St. X job since Coach Glaser has lost to Trinity the past 10 years when it counts. Good luck coach, its about time you got some ATHLETES to work with. :rockon: :rockon:

No way.
This is stupid people get on here and say stupid stuff because they are jealous of someone. everyone knows browne wont be a St x so why even start this he will be at pcc. Seems to me he likes it there, the way he was actin during the wymt cheering on pcc like crazy lol.

This is so ridiculous it's almost funny.
This has to be the funniest rumor of where Coach Brown is heading. Every year there is a rumor like this...lol
I can about guarantee you that he will not be at St. X next year
Shoot, he cannot beat a 1A school in SEKY, how do you think he can beat a 6A school in Louisville, Not going to happen. He has been HHS best coach the past couple of years with his mistakes single handidly gave Hazard the victory.

PCC who should go after the kid who was raised in the county, Mark Dixon. He could help his brother BK in baseball and help work with his football players during a time he's not suppose to and be legal doing it. Perry County needs a board of education that will actually do something than worry about who is going to run for the next election.
firechief Wrote:Shoot, he cannot beat a 1A school in SEKY, how do you think he can beat a 6A school in Louisville, Not going to happen. He has been HHS best coach the past couple of years with his mistakes single handidly gave Hazard the victory.

PCC who should go after the kid who was raised in the county, Mark Dixon. He could help his brother BK in baseball and help work with his football players during a time he's not suppose to and be legal doing it. Perry County needs a board of education that will actually do something than worry about who is going to run for the next election.

If Mark ever did leave Hazard. I would like to see him at PCC. PCC really needs someone like Dixon and that will work with the feeder programs and get kids out playing.

Heard a rumor that Mark was leaving but Im not sure where and if it was even true.

I doubt this is true and I believe he will be at PCC next year but if he did have the opportunity to go to St X...I wouldnt hesitate.
If PCC Board did not go and try and hire Mark Dixon, that would be very, very stupid on their part. I also know that John Carroll is wanting to come back home to teach and coach and this would be a great hire. He would definitely put in the work with the youth leagues and the feeder program to get that program heading in the right direction.

If that job comes open at PCC, they seriously need to look at someone that is from the area and has went to school at either MC Napier or PCC to get the job done and not someone that is looking for a stepping stone for a higher job
Bert Browne aint going know where people. Hes a Commodore for life. He already has plans to have the new Bert Browne Stadium built as we speak. I hear they are tearing down the baseball field in June and starting the new stadium this summer. Bert Browne will turn Hazard, KY into a Dillon Texas like in the show Friday Night Lights before long. Perry will be a football powerhouse soon.
Hitman7 Wrote:Bert Browne aint going know where people. Hes a Commodore for life. He already has plans to have the new Bert Browne Stadium built as we speak. I hear they are tearing down the baseball field in June and starting the new stadium this summer. Bert Browne will turn Hazard, KY into a Dillon Texas like in the show Friday Night Lights before long. Perry will be a football powerhouse soon.

Have to see it to belive that. :blabbermo
Don't you have to be a pretty good coach before that happens??? From what I have seen, giving the game away two straight years to Hazard, that's not going to get a field named after you, unless he wins the lottery and decides to build it himself and names it after him, kind of like T. Boone Pickens at Okla State.
Browne knows Football what he has trouble with is getting the players to lay it on the line for him.If he could get that going good things could happen. JMO
Bert Browne will be at Perry Central next year. I would bet on that.
[quote=kymom]Browne knows Football what he has trouble with is getting the players to lay it on the line for him.If he could get that going good things could happen. JMO[/QUOTE

??????. I think the kids at Perry "laid it on the line" for him every game last year. That sounds like an excuse he'd give, "I coached great, but the kids just didn't have it". Coaches, good coaches, take credit for the loses and gives credit to the kids for the wins, not the other way around.
He will be named the next coach at South Laurel.
He applied for it last time it was open, last I heard. I think he's from Madison co. so it wouldn't suprise me.
Hitman7 Wrote:Bert Browne aint going know where people. Hes a Commodore for life. He already has plans to have the new Bert Browne Stadium built as we speak. I hear they are tearing down the baseball field in June and starting the new stadium this summer. Bert Browne will turn Hazard, KY into a Dillon Texas like in the show Friday Night Lights before long. Perry will be a football powerhouse soon.

Perry Central doesn't have a baseball field. That's a public field in a public park.
What does a baseball field being in a public park have to do with the price of peaches or in this case, with Football??

I can see Browne applying for any football job that becomes available if it means him getting closer to Madison County. I also cannot see why the Board of Education would continue to support someone when all he's doing is looking for the next best job for his resume.

I honestly hope that if Browne decides to leave that the Board will look at bringing in someone that is looking at staying with PCC and not looking to pad their resume with the next great job... Bring in a former Navajo or Commodore for the job, I will throw my support towards Mark Dixon or John Carroll for the job. Someone that cares about the county school system and the kids of Perry County
Navajo4life Wrote:What does a baseball field being in a public park have to do with the price of peaches or in this case, with Football??

I can see Browne applying for any football job that becomes available if it means him getting closer to Madison County. I also cannot see why the Board of Education would continue to support someone when all he's doing is looking for the next best job for his resume.

I honestly hope that if Browne decides to leave that the Board will look at bringing in someone that is looking at staying with PCC and not looking to pad their resume with the next great job... Bring in a former Navajo or Commodore for the job, I will throw my support towards Mark Dixon or John Carroll for the job. Someone that cares about the county school system and the kids of Perry County

Mark Dixon in my opinion should leave Hazard. Hazard has yet to reward him for his efforts with a big nice pay check like they did the b-ball coach before he even put on a blue and gold shirt. Not sure about the other guy, he's not even been a head coach before. I really look for Dixon to start looking elsewhere soon.
I"m sure you PCC fans hope Mark Dixon leaves Hazard and then you try and recruit him to PCC. After all, he has a pretty good record when it comes to beating PCC at football. We have a really good bunch of kids coming back next year with the real possibility of repeating this year's trip to the turf in Louisville plus all the work we have done at Daniel Field and all the community support for coach Dixon. I find it hard to believe you people think he is dissatisfied enough to leave Big Blue country and move to other redder pastures!

If Mark approaches the board with complaints, I feel certain they are willing to listen and try to solve whatever problem he has. They have a history of working together for the betterment of the students, as can be seen by our test scores as well as our sports programs and band! Keeping good coaches happy is part of their job and they have a history of doing a fine job!

Go Bulldogs!!!
Is he in the running for the Cincinnati Moeller Job?
Yes, yes he is as well as I have heard a couple of others......
The other guy has not been a head coach in high school, but has been a head coach with the middle school program and has develped kids in the booster league that he was the president of for several years. He understands that the booster league and your feeder programs in middle school is where your high school program is built. Plus, he has a reputation for being a strict disciplinarian and will not waiver on his belief that you begin winning with Defense and then you go from there.

I just know that if Bert leaves PCC, then the Board needs to seriously look at someone that is from Hazard/Perry County to bring in and get that program rolling
I think Bert Browne would leave if the right job came open. Lets face it what coach out there would not like to make more money. Bert has no family here is not married no kids. I would like to see him stay but if he leaves we will get another and perry will take a couple of more steps back. But life will go on no matter who is there JMO.
Anyone know Perry's schedule for next season
Breathitt, LCC ,Knott, south , whitley.harlan central, clay. some team from WV,lesile, Teco bowl still open