Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan Co. 55 - Morgan Co. 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rowan stays undeeated.

Rowan Co. 25 11 11 8 55

Morgan Co. 16 7 10 11 43

Rowan Co. (13-0) -- Brockman 14, Riddle 10, Martin 13, Kissinger 11, Kiser 2, Hamilton 5.
Morgan Co. (6-6) -- Williams 5, McCowan 1, Henry 11, Slone 2, Eagle 18, Elam 5.
Looks like it was an even game after the first quarter. Bad start really hurt the Lady Cougars
Congrats Rowan County
I do not think it will take much away from Rowan county's victory if I point out that Morgan is a smaller school and thus do not have a large number of students from which to select their athletes.
I wish I had attended the game and I wish Morgan County had won.
................but maybe next time!
Sad
Bigger school vs. Smaller school. Is that really your excuse? Just take the loss with pride and be proud that Morgan hung in there. Its not like Rowan can go through the halls and hand pick who they want to play. Those girls have been playing together their entire lives. Greenup Co is an even larger school than Rowan but their team isn't better just because the school is bigger. Look at Elliott boys. One of the smallest schools in the state and one of the best boys basketball teams. Have you ever seen the movie Hoosiers? Come on now, dont blame the loss on bigger vs smaller school. Its not like Rowan has that many more kids. They are not a huge school from Louisville or Lexington. Also, if im correct by your calculations shouldnt Ashland blow you guys out because they are a bigger school?? And also, if im correct didnt you guys beat Ashland?
Ashland Kittens played poorly last night and were not able to contain Eagle or Henry. It had nothing to do with the size of the school.. We were flat out outplayed. Eagle imo should have D1 schools beating down the door. She can do just about any job on the floor. Congrats to Morgan, but don't count Ashland out yet. Still alot of ball to be played. Looking forward to March Madness...