Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley Co. 58 - Powell Co. 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell Co. 13 20 11 9 53

Owsley Co. 12 19 11 16 58

Powell Co. (5-11) -- Barnette 12, Gibson 3, McFarland 22, Rogers 14, Banks 2.
Owsley Co. (9-6) -- Turner 19, Wright 17, Gilbert 3, Marshall 8, Combs 11.
Like I said before;the Lady Pirates need to get rid of Jones and get Julie Clark.She could have taken this team and made something out of them.
Congrats Lady Owls!!!! 4-0 in 56th district wins.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Like I said before;the Lady Pirates need to get rid of Jones and get Julie Clark.She could have taken this team and made something out of them.
How can they hire Julie Clark Breathitt Bobcat and what makes you think she could have made something out of this team?
KYGal Wrote:Congrats Lady Owls!!!! 4-0 in 56th district wins.

Does this mean that they are now #1 in the 56th? Since Estill defeated Powell the other night.
has lee and powell played yet???? good win lady owls.... keep it up...
HotSauce32 Wrote:has lee and powell played yet???? good win lady owls.... keep it up...
Powell beat Lee at home by 15 I think.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Like I said before;the Lady Pirates need to get rid of Jones and get Julie Clark.She could have taken this team and made something out of them.
Why do you say that Julie Clark could do something with this team?
Who is next in line for the head coach of powell county? Does anyone know?
I don't think Powell's problem is Jones persay. They have such talent and could be an amazing team. I'm not sure why they are not playing up to their potential. I've always thought that Jones seemed like a good coach, I guess I'm not seeing things that the rest of you are seeing, but that is just my opinion.
Wow.
I expected Powell to on the top of the District this year.
Owsley has really proven themselves to be the real deal.
Keep your heads up Lady Pirates. We know you've got it in ya.

Great win Lady Owls!!!!
valleygirl56 Wrote:I don't think Powell's problem is Jones persay. They have such talent and could be an amazing team. I'm not sure why they are not playing up to their potential. I've always thought that Jones seemed like a good coach, I guess I'm not seeing things that the rest of you are seeing, but that is just my opinion.
I agree with your post.
Jones has won district titles and done a decent job over the years. He shouldn't be blamed.
Owsley is simply a much improved team from past years. Powell got beat by a good team that is well coached. Instead of posters blaming Jones, they should instead give the Lady Owls a little credit.
I guess he has forgotten how to coach after last year's 20-12, district champion, regional semifinalist team.
justthefacts Wrote:I guess he has forgotten how to coach after last year's 20-12, district champion, regional semifinalist team.

Everybody gets lucky occassionally.
Powell always has to blame there losses on something!
PardonTheInteruption Wrote:Everybody gets lucky occassionally.

Jones has won more district titles than just last year's. So I suppose he's gotten "lucky" many times before. Wink
cheerforblue Wrote:Powell always has to blame there losses on something!

And, this loss can be blaimed on nothing else, except for Coach Green and his Lady Owls for a great game! They're on fire right now. :Cheerlead
one&onlybrain Wrote:And, this loss can be blaimed on nothing else, except for Coach Green and his Lady Owls for a great game! They're on fire right now. :Cheerlead
You said it!!!:party2: :bounce:
Fans needs to realize that coaches alone do not win or lose games. You can prepare your team and prepare them for a game but if they do not execute when the time comes, its not solely the coahces fault. Also, do not fault the effort and hard work put out by the Lady Owls against Powell. They wanted the win and they got it.
Powell isn't playing up to their potential because they have had so many injuries and their worried they will re injury themselves.And it doesn't matter in regular season play really only matters when it comes tournament time. Give them a break its not like your teams haven't lost a game.Go Pirates.Dont worry the pirates will be ready for the district tournament!!!!!!!!!GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Owsley
I think that sounds like one big excuse. People need to give some credit to these Lady Owls, for their outstanding job well done. You don't think the Lady Owls doesn't have injuries as well. Look at Sheri Gilbert and Peyton Wright, they've had some pretty tough injuries, but I seen them out there on that court diving for that ball. These girls wanted this win, and there are no if's, and's, or but's about it. They won at Powell & at home, let's admit it, it's not luck, it's SKILL. And, come tournament time, they'll just prove themselves again. So congrats Lady Owls, you do have people that stand behind you, proudly. Wink

:1:

piratefan24 Wrote:Powell isn't playing up to their potential because they have had so many injuries and their worried they will re injury themselves.And it doesn't matter in regular season play really only matters when it comes tournament time. Give them a break its not like your teams haven't lost a game.Go Pirates.Dont worry the pirates will be ready for the district tournament!!!!!!!!!GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
piratefan24 Wrote:Powell isn't playing up to their potential because they have had so many injuries and their worried they will re injury themselves.And it doesn't matter in regular season play really only matters when it comes tournament time. Give them a break its not like your teams haven't lost a game.Go Pirates.Dont worry the pirates will be ready for the district tournament!!!!!!!!!GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats when it comes down to the rest of the team picking it up & help from that skilled JV team Powell has. Barnett is back, better than she was last year IMO. Owsley is better than they've been in a couple of years.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I agree with your post.
Jones has won district titles and done a decent job over the years. He shouldn't be blamed.
Owsley is simply a much improved team from past years. Powell got beat by a good team that is well coached. Instead of posters blaming Jones, they should instead give the Lady Owls a little credit.

Very well said!!!!
Congrats Owsley.
Powell County has as much talent as any team in the region. They have won the 56th twice in the last three years and made the regional semis last season. I have to admit that they have not performed like most people thought but it is not fair to blame Coach Jones. His record speaks for its self.

Owsley County is not a pushover either, if my memory is correct Owsley County won 17 games 2006-07 season and was All A runner up, last season I believe they won 12 or 13 games and are on a roll this season. Credit needs to be given to Owsley County for their success.
Lucky7 Wrote:Powell County has as much talent as any team in the region. They have won the 56th twice in the last three years and made the regional semis last season. I have to admit that they have not performed like most people thought but it is not fair to blame Coach Jones. His record speaks for its self.

Owsley County is not a pushover either, if my memory is correct Owsley County won 17 games 2006-07 season and was All A runner up, last season I believe they won 12 or 13 games and are on a roll this season. Credit needs to be given to Owsley County for their success.

I don't think that anyone could've said it any better. About either team. Coach Jones is an excellent coach, and his record is self speaking, so it's not his fault. This season, Owlsey had the better line up, but it helps a lot to have a well seasoned coach on there side. The tournement this year will deff be interesting.
Lucky7 Wrote:Powell County has as much talent as any team in the region. They have won the 56th twice in the last three years and made the regional semis last season. I have to admit that they have not performed like most people thought but it is not fair to blame Coach Jones. His record speaks for its self.

Owsley wasn't All A runner-up last year, but Paul Green, their new coach this year, who also coached Owsley from 1999 to 2005, was runner-up in the 14th All A four times in his career. If Whitesburg had not barely (by All A enrollment stanadards) gotten into the 14th region All A for the last 3 years of their existence, Coach Green would have most likely won three All A 14th region championships. He has also won the 56th district twice in his early coaching stint.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley wasn't All A runner-up last year, but Paul Green, their new coach this year, who also coached Owsley from 1999 to 2005, was runner-up in the 14th All A four times in his career. If Whitesburg had not barely (by All A enrollment stanadards) gotten into the 14th region All A for the last 3 years of their existence, Coach Green would have most likely won three All A 14th region championships. He has also won the 56th district twice in his early coaching stint.

I was meaning that Owsley was runner up in 06-07 when Wallace Bates was still the coach of the lady owls. Hazard defeated Owsley in the championship game held at Breathitt County.