Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Micheal Campbell of the Hazard Bulldogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did Big Mike quit the team? I heard Coach Holland got onto him for his silly behavior and Campbell couldnt handle being disciplined. Anyone heard this?
Im sure this is true but doesnt Mike quit every year?...Im sure Campbell will be back on the team soon! .Good luck Dawgs!
It seems like he quits every year and comes back a few days later. He'll be back for the PCC game friday.
I heard he turned his uniform in after the Knott Co. game, and of course he didn't play against Clay Co., who knows if he will be back or not!! What a shame!!
Very poor attitude. As always, he is out there for him. Does not play team ball and is complaining about not getting enough touches! The Dogs will be just fine without him, they have Jones, Warren and Martin to play inside for them, to go along with Whitaker, Back and Kidd on the outside. They will be tough come tournament time!
Hazard will be better off without him.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Very poor attitude. As always, he is out there for him. Does not play team ball and is complaining about not getting enough touches! The Dogs will be just fine without him, they have Jones, Warren and Martin to play inside for them, to go along with Whitaker, Back and Kidd on the outside. They will be tough come tournament time!

i agree 100%, very poor attitude.

i think cambell could be a great highschool bb player, if he could somehow adjust his attitude.
If what you guys are saying is true, then Hazard will be better off without him.

Good luck Dawgs on the rest of the season!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Very poor attitude. As always, he is out there for him. Does not play team ball and is complaining about not getting enough touches! The Dogs will be just fine without him, they have Jones, Warren and Martin to play inside for them, to go along with Whitaker, Back and Kidd on the outside. They will be tough come tournament time!

Your very wrong Michael Campbell is a big time player and he isnt afriad to take somebody out to get the ball, when he took tate cox out he saw that the ball was loose and he dove for and just didnt turn out the way it should so you cant really say its all about him or he wouldnt be divin all over the court for loose balls tryin to win.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Your very wrong Michael Campbell is a big time player and he isnt afriad to take somebody out to get the ball, when he took tate cox out he saw that the ball was loose and he dove for and just didnt turn out the way it should so you cant really say its all about him or he wouldnt be divin all over the court for loose balls tryin to win.

so you think it is the right thing to do, take another player out to get the ball. you do know you're in the basketball forum, not football? not only a bad attitude, but he is also dirty. nothing wrong w/ playiong hard, physical, and rough, but i don't agree w/ playing dirty and intentionally trying to hurt another player.
don't get me wrong, i didn't see that exact play w/ cox, i am not saying he did that on purpose.
i think campbell will really be missed on the defensive end though.
bluegrass15 Wrote:so you think it is the right thing to do, take another player out to get the ball. you do know you're in the basketball forum, not football? not only a bad attitude, but he is also dirty. nothing wrong w/ playiong hard, physical, and rough, but i don't agree w/ playing dirty and intentionally trying to hurt another player.
don't get me wrong, i didn't see that exact play w/ cox, i am not saying he did that on purpose.
i think campbell will really be missed on the defensive end though.

I never said to take him out like an animal but thats they way he has always played and u cant change and good for this being a basketball forum but all that happened was cox wasnt protecting the ball around campbell who is a good defensive player and he dove for and got it away from him and they both went after and its like allen iverson runnin into shaquille oneal so dont say he is a dirty player becaus eof a accidental play
This thread is right on the edge. Keep it civil and don't bad mouth a kid based on rumor and opinion.
I heard the team voted him off. Idk if it is true or not.
hs athletics fan Wrote:I never said to take him out like an animal but thats they way he has always played and u cant change and good for this being a basketball forum but all that happened was cox wasnt protecting the ball around campbell who is a good defensive player and he dove for and got it away from him and they both went after and its like allen iverson runnin into shaquille oneal so dont say he is a dirty player becaus eof a accidental play

Good comparison though, Campbell is a big boy, but compared to Cox he's more like Oneal.

I never said he ran over Cox on purpose, I can't, cause I did not see the play.
Coach Holland is not like Coach Dixon, Holland wont let him come back if he quit. Hazard will do just find either out him on the team.
hs athletics fan Wrote:Your very wrong Michael Campbell is a big time player and he isnt afriad to take somebody out to get the ball, when he took tate cox out he saw that the ball was loose and he dove for and just didnt turn out the way it should so you cant really say its all about him or he wouldnt be divin all over the court for loose balls tryin to win.
Funny thing to me, he took Tate Cox out last year and he missed 6 games, now he has done it again. Do you really think it was not on purpose? Of course it was This time he didn" have to miss games but he was hit hard and could have been hurt bad. Its basketball boys not see how many you can kill.
hs athletics fan Wrote:I never said to take him out like an animal but thats they way he has always played and u cant change and good for this being a basketball forum but all that happened was cox wasnt protecting the ball around campbell who is a good defensive player and he dove for and got it away from him and they both went after and its like allen iverson runnin into shaquille oneal so dont say he is a dirty player becaus eof a accidental play
Not so, Campbell ran at Cox like a big bull causing him to fall, hitting him in the temple not to be able to get up or answer the question they ask him. Cample was getting beat and he was trying to hurt Cox.
This thread is going to wrong way. Campbell was going for the ball and it was accidental contact. You can tell when the young man does something on purpose because he gives himself away. In my opinion on the play he was just trying to make a play by hustling and giving it a 110%. But as far as him quiting or if he did or not then i say dont let him back on the team since he deserted them. The only way he should be back on the team if they team says he can come back and the coaches should be very strong at discipline him. I played for Coach Holland back in the day and I'm sure he will have to run about 5 to 10 miles.
Mind readers we are not. Kids make mistakes and say things they don't mean. Second chances are given and should be when kids are involved. Campbell is a vital part of Hazard and anyone that has watched them can see that.

On the other hand, if this is not an isolated incidence then the circumstances change. I know that Coach Holland will do the right thing for Campbell, his players, and his school.
This is a shame if it's true. Players need to just play the game and respect and listen to their coaches.
He did not take Tate Cox out last year. Michael fell and Tate stumbled over him last year. Get a grip folks neither of these happenings were something that happened on purpose !! GOOD LUCK MICHAEL!!!
Why is everyone talking about Micheal taking out Tate..this is about if Micheal quit or what..if he did it will be a huge loss for the dawgs..no one on that team hustles like Micheal or maybe in the region and that will hurt them..as far as attitude wise i think that will be something good to come out of it for the dawgs if Mike didnt get his touches he was unhappy..he may be back he may not..can't wait until friday though..
This thread is done. Accusing players of purposely hurting other players will not be tolerated.

CLOSED!