Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who are some of the most Overated players in the 14th reigon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the most overated players in the region and who are some of the most underated players.

this is not to bash any kids so please dont try to do it.
Underrated-Travis terry from Breathitt.
Overrated? Its hard to really pick anyone thats overrated in the 14th, All you hear is Cox, Stamper and Whitaker and all three of them are excellent players and not overrated at all.

Underrated? Jarrod Amburgey, Robert Warren, Tristan Cackling, Blair[LCC]
[COLOR="Red"]Is it really fair to post names of High School players that we may feel are not up to our standards or someone spoke too highly of them. These are High School athletes, not men who are either getting several thousands of dollars to play college sports or millions of dollars to play it professionally.

This is something that I feel we should shy away from. These are the very same kids who will be getting on this site and seeing their names listed. How would we like it if our kids names were the ones listed as "Over-Rated". To us, they will always be under-rated.

I would caution any of us to get into this kid of discussion, but that's just my opinion.

These kids, male of female did not ask to be built up, nor would they wish to be torn down on a message board that means nothing.
[/COLOR]

I appreciate this thred, and certainly did not think that anyone wanted to make this a negative, but maybe we should all be careful and rethink if this is something that is appropriate to discuss on a message board.
Stardust Wrote:[COLOR="Red"]Is it really fair to post names of High School players that we may feel are not up to our standards or someone spoke too highly of them. These are High School athletes, not men who are either getting several thousands of dollars to play college sports or millions of dollars to play it professionally.

This is something that I feel we should shy away from. These are the very same kids who will be getting on this site and seeing their names listed. How would we like it if our kids names were the ones listed as "Over-Rated". To us, they will always be under-rated.

I would caution any of us to get into this kid of discussion, but that's just my opinion.

These kids, male of female did not ask to be built up, nor would they wish to be torn down on a message board that means nothing.
[/COLOR]

I appreciate this thred, and certainly did not think that anyone wanted to make this a negative, but maybe we should all be careful and rethink if this is something that is appropriate to discuss on a message board.

Are these the same kids that get heckled by the fans (students and adults) for missing a dunk? Are these the same kids that get laughed at for getting left behind by a crossover? Are these the same kids that students make signs of to put down that individual player during a ball game? Are these the same kids that get booed (students and adults)for fouling someone that they couldn't out play?
Is it fare to put scores on this website because it might hurt someones feelings that they got beat really bad? Girls score posted by stardust, Clay County 67 Knox Central 20. How did these girls feel when they got on here and saw that score? Is it fare to put individual scoring of players? Little Johnny only scored 2 points last night.
I've not read on these thread were anyone has stated that someone is overrated. all have been underrated.
Stardust Wrote:[COLOR="Red"]Is it really fair to post names of High School players that we may feel are not up to our standards or someone spoke too highly of them. These are High School athletes, not men who are either getting several thousands of dollars to play college sports or millions of dollars to play it professionally.

[/COLOR]

I get what you are saying, but i think you are taking it too serious.
Stardust Wrote:Is it really fair to post names of High School players that we may feel are not up to our standards or someone spoke too highly of them. These are High School athletes, not men who are either getting several thousands of dollars to play college sports or millions of dollars to play it professionally.

Stardust,
I agree 100%, this one will go no where but the wrong way. How can you not bash a kid if you get on here and say he is overrated?:confused:
Please feel free to start a new thread asking who is the most underrated players, but as for overrated, its not happening simply because these are high school kids you are referring to.

Closed!