Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott Co 76 - Anderson Co. 72 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Elliott Co. wins in overtime against Anderson Co. in the Kentucky Prep Classic at Montgomery Co.

Elliott Co. gets their first in state test with a KY top 25 ranked team, it takes overtime to beat them but they pass the test.

Congratulations Elliott Co.
Anderson Co. is a very solid team. Jtown beat them by 2 and thier game with Scott Co. was single digits until the end when the Cardinals pushed it out to 12. Elliott comes back from a 12 point halftime deficit, has control at the end, AC hits a 3 coming the length of the court in 4 seconds to force OT. Heck of a game on a neutral floor!
Congrats Elliot Co.
Congrats EC, nice win. It's always to get pushed to test you and find a way to come out ont top. Great Job
letthebighogroot Wrote:Anderson Co. is a very solid team. Jtown beat them by 2 and thier game with Scott Co. was single digits until the end when the Cardinals pushed it out to 12. Elliott comes back from a 12 point halftime deficit, has control at the end, AC hits a 3 coming the length of the court in 4 seconds to force OT. Heck of a game on a neutral floor!

Actually the KHSAA web site states that Scott Co. beat Anderson Co. by 15 not 12. Not that big a deal just putting out correct information.:Thumbs:
goodguy Wrote:Actually the KHSAA web site states that Scott Co. beat Anderson Co. by 15 not 12. Not that big a deal just putting out correct information.:Thumbs:

Thanks for the correction....I was thinking the margin was 12. Either way the game between the two was closer than the final score. Solid win for EC, in a hard fought game.
Congrats Elliott! Great job on rising to the occasion of your first in-state test this year.
Congrats to EC on a big win.
I have a feeling that the kids from West Carter would be offended by this thread.
FBALL Wrote:I have a feeling that the kids from West Carter would be offended by this thread.

I was going to post something about West but figured there wasn't any use.
kybaseball Wrote:I was going to post something about West but figured there wasn't any use.

West is 11-3 with two of those losses to Elliott County and a two point loss to Ryle. They would be a test for any team in Kentucky.

Maybe not a final but at least a mid term.
FBALL Wrote:West is 11-3 with two of those losses to Elliott County and a two point loss to Ryle. They would be a test for any team in Kentucky.

Maybe not a final but at least a mid term.

Agreed, Some cant see past ..... Well you know what I mean.
Congrats Lions!!

This shows me that Elliott can withstand the test against a very talented and solid Anderson County team. But it does show some weakness for the people stating that they can make it to the finals at Rupp.

BTW, West Carter is a good solid team this season. On a given night, they can give teams a tough game.
goodguy Wrote:Elliott Co. wins in overtime against Anderson Co. in the Kentucky Prep Classic at Montgomery Co.

Elliott Co. gets their first in state test with a KY top 25 ranked team, it takes overtime to beat them but they pass the test.

Congratulations Elliott Co.

FBALL Wrote:I have a feeling that the kids from West Carter would be offended by this thread.

Not trying to offend anyone, I stated KY top 25, if West is top 25 then I didn't know they were.
Congrats to the Lions.
goodguy Wrote:Not trying to offend anyone, I stated KY top 25, if West is top 25 then I didn't know they were.
Never said they were. But I don't think they are far from and they are certainly a test for any team that plays them.
FBALL Wrote:Never said they were. But I don't think they are far from and they are certainly a test for any team that plays them.

Chill..... I still don't know where you are coming from??

I didn't say Elliott's previous opponents were not a test for anyone. I stated "first in state test with a KY top 25 ranked team"

This was Elliott's first game against a top 25 ranked team.
goodguy Wrote:Chill..... I still don't know where you are coming from??

I didn't say Elliott's previous opponents were not a test for anyone. I stated "first in state test with a KY top 25 ranked team"

This was Elliott's first game against a top 25 ranked team.

I think you are taking it wrong. I'm not upset so no need to chill.

Where I am comming from is that although not ranked in the top 25 by various polls West Carter is still a good team and a test for anyone that they play.

Its not a big deal.

Lets proceed with the rest of the thread.
best ball game i seen in a long time Elliott showed they could come back and not give up being down 17 in the 2nd quarter Anderson Co.is a really good team very physical and played excellent D to repeat myself very good game . Ethan Faulkner was sitting beside me during th 1st game we struck up a conversation and i just wanted to say that was one of the most polite young man I ever talked to it was " yes sir and no sir " to ever answer and very intelligent about the game after the game i run into him in the lobby and he said thanks for coming to watch us .it is very nice to see young kids with this talent that doesnt seem full of there self .
I think we all can agree it was a verry good win for Elliott.
Any Stats For This Game?
Nice win for the Lions against a very athletic Anderson County team who has one of the best players in the state in CJ Penny.
Elliott Co. 17 10 24 16 9 76

Anderson Co. 17 22 12 16 5 72

Kentucky Prep Classic at Montgomery County
ELLIOT CO. (12-1) -- Ferguson 18, T.Knipp 21, Ethan Faulkner 16, Evan Faulkner 8, C.Knipp 13.
ANDERSON CO. (9-4) -- Penny 31, Russell 14, Will Ruggles 5, Walt Ruggles 6, Humphries 10, Jenkins 6.
Anderson Co is my pick to win the 8th.
Watched this game last night, Elliott is the most aggressive team offensively that I've seen. They are not afraid to shoot or drive. They were a little lax on the defensive rebounding but that's about it. Knipp is alot stronger now than when I saw them 2 years ago in the state tourny. I couldn't believe They let AC have that shot to put the game in OT. should've fouled Penny at mid court.
Congrats Elliott!